Dihydromyricetin / Ampelopsin - Not Only Good For Hangovers?

griesburner

Hey,

today evening i found an interesting new substance called "dihydromyricetin". It's a flavonol that was first extractet from the Oriental raisin tree from japan (Hovenia dulcis). I read that it was an ancient cure for hangovers there in form of a tea they drank before and after the night.

The next step was searching this substance in this forum, but to my surprise, i coudn't find a thread about it. Thats the reason i startet it now, cause i think this substance could be very interesting to talk about. Cause i think a cure for a hangover could mean that it has potential many other benefits, too?

So i searched a bit to find studies and from what i was reading, the following seemed interesting:

Dihydromyricetin As a Novel Anti-Alcohol Intoxication Medication:
http://www.jneurosci.org/content/32/1/390.short

Dihydromyricetin protects endothelial cells from hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative stress damage by regulating mitochondrial pathways:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0024320515001605

Dihydromyricetin exerts a rapid antidepressant-like effect in association with enhancement of BDNF expression and inhibition of neuroinflammation:
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00213-017-4761-z

There are a lot more studies, but i just wanted to kickstart some information about it. Maybe somone has heard something of it before, too or had experience with it. Would be interesting to hear then :)

OP
griesburner

griesburner

I tried it, but not for hangover prevention, and found it highly emotionally numbing and dulling.

which form did u use? pure extract or the tea form? i read it modulates GABA - A receptor. maybe had something to do with it? was it relaxing / sedating or more stimulating?

ddjd

is this the thing haidut put in the new cardenosine supplement?

OP
griesburner

griesburner

hmm im not 100% sure, but i dont think i have read anything about this substance here before so i think no. If i am wrong, i am sorry :)

smith

I tried it, but not for hangover prevention, and found it highly emotionally numbing and dulling.
good ******* looks for letting us know my man, i was considering taking this to ameloriate damages caused by THC but i'm trying to steer clear of emotional dulling at all costs.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
good ******* looks for letting us know my man, i was considering taking this to ameloriate damages caused by THC but i'm trying to steer clear of emotional dulling at all costs.
Yeah. Have a look into Tian Men Dong. I've recently started using this (Wild Asparagus Root), as a Yin jing builder and noticing that my empathy/calmness and mood has been incredibly good.

Dave Clark

You can get powdered extract of Holvina Dulcis at Bad Monkey Botanicals. I have tried the extract, but didn't notice much, however, after several glasses of wine the night before, the next day I had no hangover symptoms. Not sure if it would get you out of an intense drinking session without a hangover casualty.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
You can get powdered extract of Holvina Dulcis at Bad Monkey Botanicals. I have tried the extract, but didn't notice much, however, after several glasses of wine the night before, the next day I had no hangover symptoms. Not sure if it would get you out of an intense drinking session without a hangover casualty.

I always assumed that Bad Monkey Botanicals had a really bad reputation...

Dave Clark

I always assumed that Bad Monkey Botanicals had a really bad reputation...
They did in the beginning, in fact, I had a real throw down with Jaiyme over a product that didn't get sent for months on my first order. Since then, after many hour long conversations (some very good), I got to understand his growing pain problems with the business, and then eventually talked a lot about nutrients, etc. Since then I have had no trouble with BMB, but I will say this: if you want to make sure everything you order is in stock, you have to call and ask, for some reason he does not have the 'availability' feature on his product list. After a few orders that I received that had some items back ordered, I always call first to make sure they are in stock. One thing I like about BMB is the products are organic, powders, and some items hard to find other places, and the prices are good.

haidut

Forum Supporter

Nope, Cardenosine contains L-PGA (an amino acid). I have also tried dihydromyricetin and it was a profound "meh". I actually did try it specifically for hangover prevention and in my case it did not work the slightest bit. L-PGA/B6 works quite well, and Cardenosine works even better (probably due to the ATP, inosine and succinic acid all of which accelerate ethanol metabolism).

ddjd

Nope, Cardenosine contains L-PGA (an amino acid). I have also tried dihydromyricetin and it was a profound "meh". I actually did try it specifically for hangover prevention and in my case it did not work the slightest bit. L-PGA/B6 works quite well, and Cardenosine works even better (probably due to the ATP, inosine and succinic acid all of which accelerate ethanol metabolism).
I'm not sure of the science but L-cysteine and glutathione (setria brand) are AMAZING for hangovers. I normally have terrible hangovers and I'm completely fine if I take cysteine and glutathione before and after drinking (especially alongside a good protein/choline source like a steak)

Obviously these two things are NOT SAFE supplements, I would not use them for any other reason and they are anti metabolic and pro cancer substances. Just in the case of a big booze up I will take them

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom