Digestive Problems Caused By Eggs?

biggirlkisss

I started eating eggs and noticed my nails peeling and becoming weak. Started to get bad digestion problems. Switched to a safer farmer thought I was doing better but geting worse. They have been out of my diet now for 7 months. I have improved but no where need the same way for digestion. Doing light helps get thyroid up but still not anywhere near where it was. Anyone have any ideas why eggs did this to me? A allergy.

jaa

Have you tried just eating the yolks? Some people who have problems with the whites have no problems with the yolks.

juanitacarlos

biggirlkiss said:
I started eating eggs and noticed my nails peeling and becoming weak. Started to get bad digestion problems. Switched to a safer farmer thought I was doing better but geting worse. They have been out of my diet now for 7 months. I have improved but no where need the same way for digestion. Doing light helps get thyroid up but still not anywhere near where it was. Anyone have any ideas why eggs did this to me? A allergy.

I don't know if this helps, but in an email discussion with Peat the other day, he said about eggs:

To use the protein of 2 eggs efficiently it would be good to have a glass of milk and a large glass of orange juice.

Maybe trying that would help?

cliff

I find eggs for me depend, sometimes I digest them good sometimes they seem to cause slight digestive issues. Eating just the yolk raw versus cooked whole eggs seems to improve digestion for me.

Ben

It could be a depletion of biotin. Avadin, a protein in the egg whites, binds biotin and prevents its absorption. Biotin is generally supplemented for stronger hair and nails. You could try supplementing biotin at another time to see if that's it, or just throw away the egg whites.