• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Digestion, Hormonal balance, Sleep and Skin

ILov3tang

Lately whenever I eat a fatty meal I've been getting upper right quadrant pain
lol For me only the carbs cause inflammation, and its acne and gut issues, meat and fat cause very little to none at all, but i have been eating lower fat because now i eat according to my craves and crave more starch than fat

ursidae

lol For me only the carbs cause inflammation, and its acne and gut issues, meat and fat cause very little to none at all, but i have been eating lower fat because now i eat according to my craves and crave more starch than fat
there are two types of people, those with strong livers, strong digestive secretions, low stomach pH that have random intolerances to lectins/oxalates or are prone to insulin resistance and they do well on keto

and there are the weaklings with a weak liver/pancreas/stomach whose only hope to digest anything and absorb calories is to drink juice and salivate overcooked starches

you need a certain level of health that is almost above the average in some aspects to be able to digest a meat and fat heavy diet. Keto is a diet for people who are somewhat robust

Last edited:

ursidae

I wanted to ask whether you had noise sensitivity before the tetanus vaccine? I could sleep through anything before my tetanus vaccine, but gradually developed a noise sensitivity along with tinnitus after it.
Also bile dumping could cause sleep problems. Something I did for the liver helped my sleep a lot, whether it was TUDCA, drinking hot water or something else.
I'm not sure when I developed it. I think it got much worse last summer. And in my late teens I'd already not be able to sleep through noise. If I recall correctly Ive had the tetanus vaccine something like 8 times in my life
I actually tried the hot water thing and it had the benefit of stimulating peristalsis for me, need to get back on it

ILov3tang

you need a certain level of health that is almost above the average in some aspects to be able to digest a meat and fat heavy diet. Keto is a diet for people who are somewhat robust
Truth, when i was carnivore it was the best periody in my teens, but i still craved carbs and afther 5 months i started to got insomnia almos every day (wich killed of the main benefit of the diet for me) .So i have to go back to carbs, i notice how all of them cause acne and some gas, i keep eating thinking that i would adapt eventually but after a few months a started to get TERRIBLE constipation, now i still have contipation but not as painfull (probably also has to do with social life stress). I thinking about taking thyroid and supplements, since restricting my diet even more than i already do will be coping.