Digestion, Hormonal balance, Sleep and Skin

Nomane Euger

got some ivermectin and hydroxyzine to treat my toxoplasma.

I've found myself in the same living situation as before: my flatmate is a (literal) crackhead and alcoholic that stays up until 2-3 AM and the boisterous extrovert living upstairs right above my room breaks into a loud song at 5-6 AM while his newly moved in kids start their buffalo stampede over my head which can last until 8AM and on weekends it lasts all day long. I'm not even kidding. No amount of earplugs and white noise can block this noise. I don't know if there's a point in spending 300 bucks on noise cancelling headphones.

So I'm basically once again left with 2-3 hours to sleep in a building with poor sound proofing. I have PTSD at this point from living with nocturnal drug addicts and every loud jarring noise at 3 AM causes me an unbelievable amount of stress. I've gotten progesterone cream to hopefully help me relax, and in combination with hydroxyzine this should be able to help.

The last thing I want is to mess up my hormones with progesterone but I'm desperate at this point. I'm concerned about becoming insulin resistant from the progesterone/antihistamine/anticholinergic combo because people seem to gain huge bellies on these two. Last night I took magnesium, glycine, melatonin, inositol and hydroxyzine and I was still too stressed and frustrated to fall asleep but when I did I finally managed to not wake up for 5 hours. I'm gonna have to reconsider spending my last year of education here or ever renting again. I have not met a single Scottish person who rents that isn't a drug addict who lives at night and has zero regard for other peoples sleep or peace.
hi,do you supplement calcium or eat calcium rich foods such as cheese recently?your flatmate is not willing to do less noise so you can sleep better doesnt matter how you ask him/order him?do you eat meat these last weeks/months?in my experience if you are noice sensitive even with earplugs ,wich i experienced in the past,the smallesst noises caused me negative feelings,its about your biological state,i experienced that more intensly in periods where i had poor energy poor digestion and i ate calcium rich foods or supplements such as cheese or bone powder,it made me sensitive to sounds and stopped me from sleeping well,lack of soluables vitamins and minerals from red meat can also cause noises sensitivity in my experience

Last edited:
OP
U

ursidae

hi,do you supplement calcium or eat calcium rich foods such as cheese recently?your flatmate is not willing to do less noise so you can sleep better doesnt matter how you ask him/order him?do you eat meat these last weeks/months?in my experience if you are noice sensitive even with earplugs ,wich i experienced in the past,the smallesst noises caused me negative feelings,its about your biological state,i experienced that more intensly in periods where i had poor energy poor digestion and i ate calcium rich foods or supplements such as cheese or bone powder,it made me sensitive to sounds and stopped me from sleeping well,lack of soluables vitamins and minerals from red meat can also cause noises sensitivity in my experience
I have gone on and off calcium with barely any difference. I have also gone weeks eating plenty of red meat with also no difference

Just had a convo with my flatmate asking him to at least limit the noise past 1:30 AM. He told me to **** off lol

Nomane Euger

I have gone on and off calcium with barely any difference. I have also gone weeks eating plenty of red meat with also no difference

Just had a convo with my flatmate asking him to at least limit the noise past 1:30 AM. He told me to **** off lol
yea you said you have suboptimal digestion so its likely to make the redmeat have very little influence,do you eat grass fedd grass finished liver sometimes?where do you live so i can send someone to teach how to behave to your flatemate,if i know someone from your country,do you still eat pink/purples sweet potatos?

OP
U

ursidae

yea you said you have suboptimal digestion so its likely to make the redmeat have very little influence,do you eat grass fedd grass finished liver sometimes?where do you live so i can send someone to teach how to behave to your flatemate,if i know someone from your country,do you still eat pink/purples sweet potatos?
I think my digestion is quite a bit better after starting ivermectin, at least the pains seem to be gone but it's still not optimal probably and there's no way to know if the stomach pH is low enough to digest the red meat. I can sleep somewhat okay when there's no noise though so I can tell there's an anxiety issue here because I know some people who get woken up by noise but they're not anxious about it and they fall right back to sleep immediately. Unlike them, I get greater stress from it and form PTSD easily, so it must be some kind of imbalance making me vulnerable to this. I don't eat grass fed liver, can't buy grass fed beef right now as it's expensive. Out of the fat solubles, I supplement everything except Vitamin A. So maybe vitamin A deficiency could be the culprit. I eat only white flesh sweet potatoes

OP
U

ursidae

Hydroxyzine works well enough for sleep that i don't need progesterone. I don't want to take an antihistamine every night to put myself to sleep so I tried progesterone for two days after ovulation instead and it caused painful cystic acne. Last time I tried haidut's progesterone the same thing happened- sore acne cysts on my lower face. Will be staying far away from hormones.

OP
U

ursidae

3 days into the the luteal phase of my cycle during which I become vulnerable to debilitating 48 hour long headaches. Melatonin, sleep deprivation, niacin, calcium are headache triggers. Someone on the forum hypothesised that his weekly headaches were due to toxoplasma infection. I have toxoplasmosis and am treating it with ivermectin and hydroxyzine, will note whether any premenstrual headaches occur. So far since I started up on the anti toxoplasma meds I haven't had a single one during the follicular phase.

OP
U

ursidae

I've developed a resistance to hydroxyzine. Doesn't make me nearly as drowsy anymore, can't sleep through my flatmates noise at 3 AM, wears off fast, doesn't really put me
to sleep. I need twice the dose to get half of the previous effect. I've been missing a lot of sleep and I'm starting to get sick as a result.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’m sorry, I haven’t read the whole thread but is there any way at all you can change your living situation? I’m not sure how much headway you can make living with that amount of stress and the resulting lack of sleep.

OP
U

ursidae

I’m sorry, I haven’t read the whole thread but is there any way at all you can change your living situation? I’m not sure how much headway you can make living with that amount of stress and the resulting lack of sleep.
I'm going back to my homeland on the 1st of May after exams pass. Have one more year of education left. I will be thinking long and hard how to prevent this from happening again in my 4th year of renting.

Nomane Euger

I'm going back to my homeland on the 1st of May after exams pass. Have one more year of education left. I will be thinking long and hard how to prevent this from happening again in my 4th year of renting.
hi,why dont you threaten him of calling the police,and to call them if he doesnt care about your menace?

OP
U

ursidae

hi,why dont you threaten him of calling the police,and to call them if he doesnt care about your menace?
I have not escalated matters to the point of calling police but at the last place I rented with the same type of nocturnal drug addicts I requested a noise ordinance from the landlord (past 23:30). The result was brutal social ostracism (everyone stopped acknowledging my existence for weeks and believe me this is ******* stressful) and two days later someone put a thumbtack between my bedsheets. Oh and they didn't even comply with it. I moved out.

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

I have not escalated matters to the point of calling police but at the last place I rented with the same type of nocturnal drug addicts I requested a noise ordinance from the landlord (past 23:30). The result was brutal social ostracism (everyone stopped acknowledging my existence for weeks and believe me this is ******* stressful) and two days later someone put a thumbtack between my bedsheets.
Dont you have any man friend that can give a lesson to these peasants flatmates?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Sounds like a good plan! Best wishes.

Amazoniac

I skimmed through the thread. If you want to avoid conflict, the alternative is to attempt to negotiate, someone that lacks empathy should be offered a benefit for a deal. It can be something like taking care of Don, the turtle; going for walks with Max, the dog; buying his favorite drug*; hooking him up with your 'friend' Crystal, to lead him on until you move out; and so on.

*Since you're in Scotlandia, I would be careful with these drugged flatmates because they may all be undercover detectives monitoring your behavior, be wary of the bait.

Stilgar

got some ivermectin and hydroxyzine to treat my toxoplasma.

I've found myself in the same living situation as before: my flatmate is a (literal) crackhead and alcoholic that stays up until 2-3 AM and the boisterous extrovert living upstairs right above my room breaks into a loud song at 5-6 AM while his newly moved in kids start their buffalo stampede over my head which can last until 8AM and on weekends it lasts all day long. I'm not even kidding. No amount of earplugs and white noise can block this noise. I don't know if there's a point in spending 300 bucks on noise cancelling headphones.

So I'm basically once again left with 2-3 hours to sleep in a building with poor sound proofing. I have PTSD at this point from living with nocturnal drug addicts and every loud jarring noise at 3 AM causes me an unbelievable amount of stress. I've gotten progesterone cream to hopefully help me relax, and in combination with hydroxyzine this should be able to help.

The last thing I want is to mess up my hormones with progesterone but I'm desperate at this point. I'm concerned about becoming insulin resistant from the progesterone/antihistamine/anticholinergic combo because people seem to gain huge bellies on these two. Last night I took magnesium, glycine, melatonin, inositol and hydroxyzine and I was still too stressed and frustrated to fall asleep but when I did I finally managed to not wake up for 5 hours. I'm gonna have to reconsider spending my last year of education here or ever renting again. I have not met a single Scottish person who rents that isn't a drug addict who lives at night and has zero regard for other peoples sleep or peace.

Whereabouts do you rent? I'm in Glasgow, and have lived in about 10 different flats with different noise levels. There are definitely quiet and peaceful parts of Glasgow and Ediburgh, if that's where you are based.

OP
U

ursidae

I skimmed through the thread. If you want to avoid conflict, the alternative is to attempt to negotiate, someone that lacks empathy should be offered a benefit for a deal. It can be something like taking care of Don, the turtle; going for walks with Max, the dog; buying his favorite drug*; hooking him up with your 'friend' Crystal, to lead him on until you move out; and so on.

*Since you're in Scotlandia, I would be careful with these drugged flatmates because they may all be undercover detectives monitoring your behavior, be wary of the bait.
I have 8 more days to go so not much left, but this is useful life advice in general, thanks. Pretty sure my flatmate has already hooked up with my friend Crystal Meeth so I think I'm gonna introduce him to the casein powder poppy seed seitan muffins recipe

Last edited:
OP
U

ursidae

Whereabouts do you rent? I'm in Glasgow, and have lived in about 10 different flats with different noise levels. There are definitely quiet and peaceful parts of Glasgow and Ediburgh, if that's where you are based.
Neither of those cities

My dream residence is a retirement home where life is lived at a a slow, peaceful pace, hobbies include gardening in the afternoons and mahjong on fridays. Average age of the inhabitants is >70 and everyone is in bed by 8:30. And no squeaky mattress sex noises please

jokes aside, I'm just gonna have to look into a higher price range and rent single flats in higher quality buildings. + invest in noise cancelling headphones. Last flat was overcrowded and this one is in a cheap council building with poor soundproofing. Price was somewhat low for both

Last edited:

Amazoniac

I have 8 more days to go so not much left, but this is useful life advice in general, thanks. Pretty sure my flatmate has already hooked up with my friend Crystal Meeth so I think I'm gonna introduce him to the casein powder poppy seed seitan muffins recipe
Well, if the importunation continues and you're about to leave, it's a nice chance for you to put your negotiation skills to test.

In the future, it's preferable to set a pact on something that you can break at any time without guilt. If the sense of responsibility is higher on your side (a factor that's usually ignored), on habit, there's risk that the person perceives the consequences of infringing as favorable for him/her and will lapse. For example, in the case of taking care of an animal, there can be negligence and you might end up adopting it.

OP
U

ursidae

sleep hasn't been the best the past few days. Still noise sensitive and again in a household where a night owl cohabits with an early bird (quiet hours are 1 AM to 6AM) although they're not as noisy and any normal person would sleep through this so I think this is my insomnia at play here.

I decided to stop hydroxyzine altogether as it causes me flat affect, anhedonia, constipation, poor protein digestion (has a mild antisecretory effect). Last time I used it I woke up with pretty bad eye floaters which still haven't cleared and dull liver pain. Since I got off it I've been relying on magnesium glycinate, inositol and a bit of melatonin to fall asleep and have been getting around three to four hours of sleep and feeling pretty wrecked. Only thing that helped a bit is not eating meat before bed.

Takes about two hours to fall asleep regardless of how utterly exhausted and sleep deprived I am and I wake up three hours later and either can't get back to sleep or it takes a few more hours to fall asleep again. Eating carbohydrates when i wake up used to work; but not anymore. When I wake up at 5, 6 or 7 AM, its the hardest to fall back to sleep. So it takes about 10 hours to get 5 hours of sleep.

Yesterday I decided to take some inositol, taurine, Magnesium which increase GABA and herbs that inhibit GABA-T or modulate GABA-A receptors and see if that's my issue since no point in supplemental GABA as it does not cross the BBB. Progesterone at high doses works well for this but I can't take it as it causes me cystic acne.

I took lemon balm tea, then chamomile peppermint and fennel tea, then a valerian root, mint, hawthorn tincture and was able to fall asleep faster. Woke up 3 hours later and it took me an hour to fall back to sleep. Took more of the valerian tincture and woke up 3 hours later at 7 AM. Then it took me 3 more hours to fall back to sleep and I woke up at 1PM. All in all it took me 13 hours to get about 8 hours of sleep lol. But at least I feel rested today.

I also seem to develop an internal alarm clock of some kind where if I get woken up by a noise at the same hour a couple of times, even when the noise is removed my body will keep waking up at that hour for weeks on end. Perhaps this is happening because I got woken up by my flatmates roughly every 3 hours for 5 months and my body has adopted that rhythm. I also have anxiety about ending up in he same situation as back then and about my health suffering from sleep deprivation. The more time passes that I am restless in bed, then more anxious I get about the detrimental effect on my health.

Perhaps I also need to increase my Calcium intake as it's needed to produce melatonin from tryptophan, however I am yet to find a form that my gut tolerates. Will be trying to increase my sunlight exposure at noon and better sleep hygiene but sometimes I have a lot of things to do and it's not possible. I think besides the GABA issue I possibly have histamine intolerance due to DAO deficiency that I caused by supplementing too much zinc and having a much higher intake of the other B vitamins than riboflavin which could've impacted my B2 status. I've bought a copper supplement and took it twice. Second time caused pretty bad nausea, which might indicate insufficient stomach acid. The next day I woke up with a blue tongue coating so I got a bit scared. Haven't taken it since, just been avoiding my main trigger which is ground beef.

Planning on cycling those GABA herbs for now until I figure this out and will add chinese skullcap to the mix as it also has the added anti toxoplasma effect

I suspect the main issues to work on here are

- low GABA, need it for the anxiolytic effect
- hepatic insulin resistance, low liver glycogen causing the interrupted sleep and too high adrenaline at night and high cortisol in the early morning. Perhaps I should take more choline
- lifelong melatonin deficiency due to insufficient sun exposure at sunrise and noon and impaired function of the pineal gland due to fluoride overdose (I'm still being very cautious and taking it slow with the iodine supplementation)
-not enough calcium and perhaps protein digestion is so poor that I'm not getting enough tryptophan either. Ive been quite skinny for two years now (sarcopenia?)
-high levels of histamine keeping me too alert at the wrong times

Last edited:

Max23

I wanted to ask whether you had noise sensitivity before the tetanus vaccine? I could sleep through anything before my tetanus vaccine, but gradually developed a noise sensitivity along with tinnitus after it.
Also bile dumping could cause sleep problems. Something I did for the liver helped my sleep a lot, whether it was TUDCA, drinking hot water or something else.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals