Digestion, Hormonal balance, Sleep and Skin

aniciete

I'd suggest K2 as K1 isn't used well by humans. A k2 Mk4 and mk7 blend would probably be best. For food sources, high vitamin butter oil, fermented kale, emu oil, natto, ghee, and duck fat. With the digestive issues you've listed, I bet you're not properly absorbing fat soluble vitamins including vitamin k. Plus most diets just lack in them nowadays, so a supplement would probably be smart. Whenever you supplement with D you need adequate K to balance it as they work together
Ironically I get stomach issues when I take fat soluble supplements that go away when I stop.

OP
U

ursidae

i stopped taking calcium and the headaches went away. something i noticed is in the couple of days i took it more white fluorosis type spots started appearing on my teeth
I've also been taking small doses of potassium iodide

Teeth are bad quality as a result of my low calcium high oxalate diet for years now and my strong liking for acidic foods like citrus, tomatoes and vinegar (i've discontinued). They used to be a lot more transparent but slowly remineralised. I already had some old white spots from being dosed with huge amounts of fluoride for years in my early childhood. The spot on the maxillary right lateral incisor is something that appeared now, after taking calcium and I also experienced sharp pain in that part of my tooth when it appeared .

EA6C5142-2DD3-4DD9-AECA-1FA8A070AB29.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
U

ursidae

Will be trying calcium citrate next when I have the money to. The Thorne one was just another pointless and high expense

So far I've tried

calcium phosphate
calcium chloride
calcium sulphate
calcium hydroxyapatite (MHCA) from the bones of young pasture-fed cattle
calcium derived from red algae
calcium carbonate derived from egg shells (I made it myself)
calcium malate
dairy

Nomane Euger

Will be trying calcium citrate next when I have the money to. The Thorne one was just another pointless and high expense

So far I've tried

calcium phosphate
calcium chloride
calcium sulphate
calcium hydroxyapatite (MHCA) from the bones of young pasture-fed cattle
calcium derived from red algae
calcium carbonate derived from egg shells (I made it myself)
calcium malate
dairy
hi, how much coconut water do you drink can you afford,do you notice diffferences?is it in package or still in the coconut?

OP
U

ursidae

hi, how much coconut water do you drink can you afford,do you notice diffferences?is it in package or still in the coconut?
I would drink 1-2 litres a day. It made me feel good, I can drink litres of it unlike plain water which does not appeal to me but I became paranoid about the aluminium lining of the carton and It's also expensive. Drinking straight from a coconut would be outrageously expensive here. They also stopped delivery of Murasaki sweet potatoes for a few days now, so this throws a wrench in my whole strict diet

OccamzRazer

Hi Ursidae!

Wishing you all the best in this log - we've had our differences, sure, but at least we both have improved health as a goal.

Anyways, your 'safe' foods list sounds pretty good to me. Can you maybe add some homemade bone broth to your list? Personally I wouldn't worry about just eating those foods for a long time, maybe even indefinitely. Others on this forum have pointed out that many long-lived people eat simple, repetitive diets.

Oh and about teeth. Have you tried calcium hydroxyapatite? Another thing that's helped mine is swishing with coconut oil and K2 right before bed, after brushing/drinking/whatever. That way the K2 sits on your teeth for a while.

OP
U

ursidae

Hi Ursidae!

Wishing you all the best in this log - we've had our differences, sure, but at least we both have improved health as a goal.

Anyways, your 'safe' foods list sounds pretty good to me. Can you maybe add some homemade bone broth to your list? Personally I wouldn't worry about just eating those foods for a long time, maybe even indefinitely. Others on this forum have pointed out that many long-lived people eat simple, repetitive diets.

Oh and about teeth. Have you tried calcium hydroxyapatite? Another thing that's helped mine is swishing with coconut oil and K2 right before bed, after brushing/drinking/whatever. That way the K2 sits on your teeth for a while.
I experimented a lot with homemade bone broth in 2020-21, didn't notice a boost, had a concern about toxicity as bones accumulate heavy metals/prolonged boiling leaches metals and the taste was off putting, nowadays I get glycine from my magnesium supplement. What benefits are you noticing?
I've actually made changes to my diet as some of the goods have been unavailable or have been consistently low quality/spoiled, there's shortages, inflation (price of cod has increased). I assume they're going to use the events in Eastern Europe as a scapegoat for the impoverishment thats to come.

I've taken calcium hydroxyapatite internally (had an adverse reaction) and I also have a paste that I can apply to my teeth, however I decided against using it as I found it contains titanium dioxide. Oil pulling with coconut oil, xylitol and a few drops of peppermint oil used to be part of my routine actually, I need to start up on that again

OP
U

ursidae

flatmate caught covid and I think I might have caught it too. Kept testing negative but got a severe headache all day long yesterday. Also had a stuffy nose and inflamed throat. I gargled some diluted Lugol's and put some of it in my nose, it helped a bit. Gonna load up on zinc, vitamin D. Dont think I can get ivermectin here. I'm a bit concerned

OccamzRazer

I experimented a lot with homemade bone broth in 2020-21, didn't notice a boost, had a concern about toxicity as bones accumulate heavy metals/prolonged boiling leaches metals and the taste was off putting, nowadays I get glycine from my magnesium supplement. What benefits are you noticing?
I've actually made changes to my diet as some of the goods have been unavailable or have been consistently low quality/spoiled, there's shortages, inflation (price of cod has increased). I assume they're going to use the events in Eastern Europe as a scapegoat for the impoverishment thats to come.

I've taken calcium hydroxyapatite internally (had an adverse reaction) and I also have a paste that I can apply to my teeth, however I decided against using it as I found it contains titanium dioxide. Oil pulling with coconut oil, xylitol and a few drops of peppermint oil used to be part of my routine actually, I need to start up on that again
Ah, I heard somewhere here that lower-temp cooking does not release as much heavy metals from bones, not sure if that's true tho.

The benefits I've noticed include deeper breathing, more relaxation, clearer skin, lower inflammation, etc.

The broth tastes better if you add a little bit of seaweed and lots of salt.

You are probably right that inflation will get worse. Time to buy some farm animals or something lol.

Yeah I think one of the keys to oil pulling is to do it right before you go to bed. That way a small amount of coconut oil sits on your teeth for awhile.

OP
U

ursidae

been having to self isolate. Got a horrible flare up yesterday cause I had been eating mostly oatmeal and lentils until I could finally book a delivery slot. Just got delivered rock hard underripe fruit, so underripe that the tangerines are bitter (never tasted a bitter tangerine in my life) and a bunch of rancid meat with a use by date of today. I tried a bit of the meat after baking it at 250 and now I'm nauseous. Lol. **** my life. Got a few more days to go. Can't even get some ******* food to eat

Korven

Sorry to hear you are sick and not able to get good food :(

Maybe you could convince your vegan flatmate to go buy some meat for you? lol

OP
U

ursidae

Sorry to hear you are sick and not able to get good food :(

Maybe you could convince your vegan flatmate to go buy some meat for you? lol
not sick anymore thankfully but still gotta self isolate until I test negative. just realised I've got some cash on me at least so maybe can ask a neighbour

Last edited:
OP
U

ursidae

I'm finally free and there's even less meat on the shelves than before i self isolated

OP
U

ursidae

got some ivermectin and hydroxyzine to treat my toxoplasma.

I've found myself in the same living situation as before: my flatmate is a (literal) crackhead and alcoholic that stays up until 2-3 AM and the boisterous extrovert living upstairs right above my room breaks into a loud song at 5-6 AM while his newly moved in kids start their buffalo stampede over my head which can last until 8AM and on weekends it lasts all day long. I'm not even kidding. No amount of earplugs and white noise can block this noise. I don't know if there's a point in spending 300 bucks on noise cancelling headphones.

So I'm basically once again left with 2-3 hours to sleep in a building with poor sound proofing. I have PTSD at this point from living with nocturnal drug addicts and every loud jarring noise at 3 AM causes me an unbelievable amount of stress. I've gotten progesterone cream to hopefully help me relax, and in combination with hydroxyzine this should be able to help.

The last thing I want is to mess up my hormones with progesterone but I'm desperate at this point. I'm concerned about becoming insulin resistant from the progesterone/antihistamine/anticholinergic combo because people seem to gain huge bellies on these two. Last night I took magnesium, glycine, melatonin, inositol and hydroxyzine and I was still too stressed and frustrated to fall asleep but when I did I finally managed to not wake up for 5 hours. I'm gonna have to reconsider spending my last year of education here or ever renting again. I have not met a single Scottish person who rents that isn't a drug addict who lives at night and has zero regard for other peoples sleep or peace.

Last edited: