Different Sources Of Gelatine

hoppimike

What is the difference?

Like, here in the UK I buy this stuff:

It's quite cheap and stuff.

What is potentially wrong with it, and what should we be looking for?

Thanks dudes :)

Hoppi

cliff

I use knox gelatin(which is probably similar to the stuff you get) personally, I asked ray about the quality and he said he was unsure as he hasn't used it in many years but I seem to do fine with it.

hoppimike

cliff said:
I use knox gelatin(which is probably similar to the stuff you get) personally, I asked ray about the quality and he said he was unsure as he hasn't used it in many years but I seem to do fine with it.

ah I see. Yeah I've heard warnings against certain types of gelatine, etc.

Clearly it isn't too clear cut anyway! :)

narouz

I also heard that if you eat undissolved gelatin
it can cause gas, bloating, digestive travails....

Not from Peat.
Just in commentary from others who'd tried it that way.

I took some Bernard Jenson brand capsules a long time ago.
I didn't notice anything weird.

J

j.

This is from the man himself:

Pigs' and chickens' feet are good sources of gelatin; pigs' ears and snouts are often used for food, too. Puffed pork skin, chicharron, is a tasty way to get it. Ox-tail soup is another food with a high gelatin content.

ken

I get Now beef gelatin from amazon.com. About eight dollars a pound. I generally steam it with espresso machine in milk with sugar cocoa and salt.

Jenn

eVitamin sells Now brand for less than amazon at this point in time. Azure Standard sells beef gelatin in bulk. Dutch valley carries gelatin. www.Bulkfoods .com sells it too. Knox is pork gelatin, has a slightly different smell. It's also about $22/lb if purchased in the little packets. I go through 5 lbs in a month sometimes...it pays to shop around. ;)

CoolTweetPete

Great Lakes collagen is fairly well priced, and comes from grass-fed cows according to their site. Other than that I sometimes switch it up with Now Foods gelatin mentioned above.

Something about blooming the gelatin and the gelatinous consistency (obviously) it takes on seems like it would be more beneficial than the plain mixable collagen powder for some reason.

Blossom

Anybody use Great Lakes gelatin? Or is it not good quality or too expensive
I like Great Lakes both the red and green cans. I might try the HealthNatura collagen next though because I like ordering from as few places as possible due to convenience and shipping cost. It's actually pretty awesome lately because a peatarian can get just about anything one might need supplement wise between IdeaLabs and HealthNatura. I remember the Dark Ages where I had to order things from 10 different places and search online (prior to toxinless) for hours.

DaveFoster

Has anyone tried Azure's beef gelatin product, mentioned by Jenn?

Velve921

I have a friend in Russia who has not found access to gelatin there. Does anyone know a gelatin source he can have shipped to Russia?

Hazarlar

I have a friend in Russia who has not found access to gelatin there. Does anyone know a gelatin source he can have shipped to Russia?

You mean access to bulk gelatin? If just some gelatin, then looking to the supermarket would help.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
ScurveDream Should friendship be forced? How exactly does "friendship" or "having friends" work across different parameters? Ask For Help or Advice 13
R 2 different Idealabs sites? IdeaLabs 5
Inaut Something Different For The Forum Miscellaneous 5
noqcks Two Different Blood Tests Blood Work, Labs 6
wealthofwisdom No Fap Advice For Female With Different (But Similar) Issue? Male Issues 9
TheBeard "We Are All Different" BS Rationale Animals 26
meatbag German Military And Government Receive Different Vaccine Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 2
LLight Association Of Long-term Consumption Of Repeatedly Heated Mix Vegetable Oils In Different Doses And Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 6
Vinny Are Ultrasound And FibroScan Completely Different Tests (regarding Liver)? Ask For Help or Advice 3
L Different Colored Fats From Oxtail - Why? Broth, Stocks 0
Amazoniac Heat Loss From Different Body Parts Metabolism 0
Peatogenic Does Anyone Get The Sense That Grain Carbs Provide A Different Kind Of Energy? Diet 34
Vinny Different Temp Results From Various Thermometers Ask For Help or Advice 8
yerrag Different Forms Of Arterial Plaque Cholesterol 79
Lokzo Alopecia Areata Different View; Heavy Metals Scientific Studies 0
ecstatichamster Nootropics - Trying Different Ones Experiments 47
L The Anabolic Potencies Of Different Androgen Hormones? Thyroid and Hormones 3
M Different Nitric Oxide Ask For Help or Advice 5
W Mechanistic Parallels Between Different Colors Of Chemicals? Experiments 3
rawmeat Temps Different Under Armpits. Anyone Else? Metabolism 2
T When Western Medicine Isn’t Working—Different Insights From A Leader In Health Dr. Ray Peat Ph.D Written Interviews 5
Aleeri Infrared Thermometer, Different Readings Forehead To Armpit Metabolism 0
yerrag Different Forms Of Magnesium For Different Folks Magnesium 6
N Has Anyone Getting Different Effects From Topical Progesterone, Depending On Where You Apply? Progesterone 13
Luckytype 5 Days 5 Different Results - Why? Metabolism 75
L Where Can I See The Solubility Of Different Compounds In DMSO? Ask For Help or Advice 3
P Different Effect Of MUFA Vs SFA On Tissues PUFA Content Articles & Scientific Studies 3
J Pufa In Different Foods Diet 3
D Different Ethnicities And Male Pattern Baldness? Male Issues 39
L Effects Of Different Amino Acids On Biofilm Growth Scientific Studies 6
Dan Wich HDL Composition And Its Connections To Different Disease States Scientific Studies 6
lvysaur Milks Of Different Mammals Milk 2
Ashoka Autoimmune Disease, Hypothyroidism, And Food Allergies: Different Approaches? Ask For Help or Advice 2
Drareg Mice And 25 Different Diets,which One Increases Lifespan The Most? Scientific Studies 7
Koveras The Effects Of Different Aerobic Exercise Intensities On Serum Serotonin Concentrations Scientific Studies 7
E ABG Help (two Different Values Given) Blood Work, Labs 7
Amazoniac Bile Acid Binding Capacity Of Different Vegetables Articles & Scientific Studies 1
Ahanu Empathy Is Killed By Popular Painkiller Found In 600 Different Drugs Scientific Studies 4
P Micronutrient Intakes Of Wild Primates: Are Humans Different? Articles & Scientific Studies 2
Ulla Blood Results From 3 Different Takes In 6 Months - Comparison Blood Work, Labs 13
K Applying Different Products At The Same Time (topically) IdeaLabs 3
scarlettsmum Reviews Of Different Rp Inspired Books/programs Resources 2
Parsifal Do Those Of You Peating Since 4 Years Feel Different Than When They Started It? Health 8
N Different Brain Regions Are Infected With Fungi In Alzheimer’s Disease Scientific Studies 8
dd99 Old before your time? People age at wildly different rates, study confirms Miscellaneous Health Discussions 2
W Skin tone is completely different after adding dairy Diet 3
Amazoniac GI Of White Rice In Different Ways Of Eating Scientific Studies 2
T Progest-E Tastes Different Progesterone 105
Peata histamine at 3 different times Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 32
W Cancer Prevention By Different Forms Of Tocopherols Cancer 0