Differences In Incandescent Lights

narouz

j. said:
narouz said:
One angle I've been thinking about is
what is the optimal time to run the lights
considering energy consumption and cost.

If I'm using a total of 900watts, that is a lot of money on the ole electric bill.

Peat has said that short periods of intense exposure may be better than long periods of low-wattage exposure.

He has also said something to the effect that most of the benefits occur in under an hour.

I'm wondering whether--especially on a budget--one could do pretty well
dosing oneself intensely for, let's say, 3 or 4 x 1/2hour exposures...?

I recall Peat saying brief exposures of high intensity every hour is good.

Well, that would be one cost-cutting approach.
I don't think I've seen him say "every hour" though.
He might've!
I just don't think I've seen that.
Just something more vague like
"brief intense exposure may be more beneficial than constant exposure of a low-watt bulb."

narouz

j. said:
narouz said:
He has also said something to the effect that most of the benefits occur in under an hour.

I think he was saying that exposing oneself to red light up to one hour after exposing oneself to radiation is more helpful than waiting more than an hour after being irradiated to expose yourself to red light.

It's possible I am mis-remembering the context.
Just recently I thought I read something from him saying that
in the context of red light therapy in general (not just to ameliorate radiation)
most of the benefits occur in, like, the first half hour.
I'll see if I can find the comment I'm thinking of.

narouz

narouz said:
j. said:
narouz said:

I think he was saying that exposing oneself to red light up to one hour after exposing oneself to radiation is more helpful than waiting more than an hour after being irradiated to expose yourself to red light.

It's possible I am mis-remembering the context.
Just recently I thought I read something from him saying that
in the context of red light therapy in general (not just to ameliorate radiation)
most of the benefits occur in, like, the first half hour.
I'll see if I can find the comment I'm thinking of.

Yes, I did get the context wrong.
Actually, it was this quote from Peat you contributed, j.:

Q: Does red light repair damage done just by U.V. light, or maybe also by X-rays?

Ray Peat wrote:
By any irradiation, but it's most effective within the first hour.

ddjd

You want a clear bulb so all the light gets through. The soft white are probably painted.
What type of lights are these? Also a form of incandescent??
9ef12735_153818.jpg

ddjd

We need the info that goes with the photo please.
I think I've worked out that it's a quartz heater (probably a form of halogen).

I've read that there's different forms of these types of heater lamps- quartz, carbon or halogen.

I still don't completely understand it but I've noticed such profound positive effects.

Birdie

I think I've worked out that it's a quartz heater (probably a form of halogen).

I've read that there's different forms of these types of heater lamps- quartz, carbon or halogen.

I still don't completely understand it but I've noticed such profound positive effects.
I've been looking at this quartz heater on amazon:

Dr Infrared Heater HeatStyle 2-Way Wall Mount or Portable Space Heater, Energy Saving Dual-Heat System, Child and Pet Safe, Powerful 1500 Watt Space Heater​

I don't know how to post from amazon without including my personal info that shows at the top.

Birdie

I have a lot of incandescent bulbs in boxes in the garage. I think most have the white coating. Too bad. I have one of those in a lamp by my chair. I haven't thought about all this in a long time.

ddjd

I have a lot of incandescent bulbs in boxes in the garage. I think most have the white coating. Too bad. I have one of those in a lamp by my chair. I haven't thought about all this in a long time.
Yeah clear bulb would be a lot better it's true.

Check out the infrared heater. I think they're incredible. Just as good as my old incandescent clear bulb set up

Birdie

Yeah clear bulb would be a lot better it's true.

Check out the infrared heater. I think they're incredible. Just as good as my old incandescent clear bulb set up
Thank you ddjd.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals