Differences In Incandescent Lights

OP
J

j.

Charlie said:
Sit under some heat lamps and feel the stress hormones melt away. Especially when directed at your face.

To be quite frank, I felt good at the beginning, then I felt stressed and had to turn it off. That's why I was having all sort of doubts regarding whether I bought the right thing. I wonder if I'm just having increased sensitivity to adrenaline due to better thyroid function due to the light. I never took a thyroid supplement.

I just put it up there as a regular light to use with another 100W bulb for a total of 300W.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I dunno man.

narouz

j. said:
This is what it looks like:

light_Bulb_by_VVolny.jpg

j.-
Cool.
Are you gonna get a an external fixture/reflector for it?

OP
J

j.

narouz said:
Cool.
Are you gonna get a an external fixture/reflector for it?

Not for the moment. I just have it as a regular light up there.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Maybe it boosted metabolism so much, and ate up your glucose reserves.....?

Speculating here.

narouz

j. said:
Charlie said:
Sit under some heat lamps and feel the stress hormones melt away. Especially when directed at your face.

To be quite frank, I felt good at the beginning, then I felt stressed and had to turn it off. That's why I was having all sort of doubts regarding whether I bought the right thing. I wonder if I'm just having increased sensitivity to adrenaline due to better thyroid function due to the light. I never took a thyroid supplement.

I just put it up there as a regular light to use with another 100W bulb for a total of 300W.

j.-
You're saying you tried heat lamps on your face
and they made you feel, after a while, hyper?

OP
J

j.

The light hit my face but from a distance of like 2 meters, I didn't put it close. Yes, I felt good at the beginning and then stressed, and decided to take a break from them all day today and try again tomorrow.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
When I use the light on my face, I feel my stress hormones absolutely crash down. Makes me tired, but a good tired I would say. So, I always have light at my back, but the one light pointing towards my face I turn it off and on.

narouz

Giant amounts of red light bombarding you intensely can have effects!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Oh yes, quite a huge effect indeed.

Wilfrid

Here in France, I can't get any of the incandescent bulb...
A f***n' law prohibits it!! :nono
I'm screwed.... :holysheep

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wilfrid. :(

OP
J

j.

Authoritarians telling people what's best for them...

Lucy

Wilfrid, I'm also from an EU country where incandescent bulbs are prohibited to sell. And normally you can't find any in shops, but I could find a 500w incandescent bulb in a technical shop very close to where I live, and it was cheap even, about 15 eur. So maybe you could try asking in such shops too? Otherwise you can make a trip to Croatia or some other non-EU country (not sure about Switzerland) and buy the bulbs there. Or I guess I could even send you one... :)

OP
J

j.

I think I'm going to buy a bunch before they make it illegal. Not that I heard there are any plans so far.

Wilfrid

Lucy said:
Wilfrid, I'm also from an EU country where incandescent bulbs are prohibited to sell. And normally you can't find any in shops, but I could find a 500w incandescent bulb in a technical shop very close to where I live, and it was cheap even, about 15 eur. So maybe you could try asking in such shops too? Otherwise you can make a trip to Croatia or some other non-EU country (not sure about Switzerland) and buy the bulbs there. Or I guess I could even send you one... :)

Thank you very much for the info, Lucy.
I'm gonna try to find such shop in my city. I live in Cannes and I'm really close to Italy but even there I couldn't find any bulb at the regular shop.....
And I do appreciate your offer but I don't trust the french postal service to handle the bulb with care.....
Plus, you know, and as a french I hate to say that, they are often on strike here.... :mrgreen:

Wilfrid

Lucy, I just realize that, like you said, Italy is also an EU country and that's why I didn't find any bulbs there.... :oops:

Does anyone here have a job for me (and my wife) in the US? :roll:

OP
J

j.

So the whole European Union banned incandescent lights? What a bunch of busybodies.