Differences in COD LIVER OIL? Were the vikings stupid?

recodetosource

Hi guys I wanted to talk about is their a difference in CLO brands?

Doing some reasearch I came across the history of CLO and it seems its a very traditional food supplement used by the vikings thousands of years ago. Although they used different methods of extraction than 99% of brands out there. Were the vikings plain stupid consuming such a high pufa food? Would they have been even a stronger and more robust nation if not for this horrible pufa ridden oxidized food they were consuming in large amounts?

Let me show you some pictures of a pamphlet of a brand that uses the same methods as the vikings. What are your thoughts? Does anyone have experience with dropi? Thanks

Attachments

• E028648D-ABBD-4FA9-BE25-BEE357ACD852.jpeg
    E028648D-ABBD-4FA9-BE25-BEE357ACD852.jpeg
    412.3 KB · Views: 32
  • E7F458DD-057B-40C0-A37E-608B82DB0E50.jpeg
    E7F458DD-057B-40C0-A37E-608B82DB0E50.jpeg
    465.9 KB · Views: 29
  • B6B0461C-95D0-4322-83E1-3207BEB8E1CC.jpeg
    B6B0461C-95D0-4322-83E1-3207BEB8E1CC.jpeg
    508 KB · Views: 29

animalcule

I don’t know about the Viking/cod liver oil/pufa question, but I did find this article regarding Dropi:

Basically, the author of the article couldn’t get some straight answers from the company, and is skeptical due to their lack of transparency. In the comment section, she later said she heard from a former employee a year later, who was fired and not paid what he was owed (though to the reader, no way of confirming if it’s true, or if it means they are similarly unethical with regards to their cod oil production, so who knows). She recommends Rosita brand, which seems to have the similar production claims to Dropi (though they don’t winterize the oil bc they say this reduces nutrients) but are much more transparent.

I am wary of CLO in general after learning of what happened to many people in the Weston Price circle who were big proponents of Green Pastures Fermented CLO, and who died relatively young, including Rami Nagel. Apparently, while Green Pastures claimed that they were traditionally fermenting this oil like people had done in more primitive times, they were actually producing essentially rancid cod liver oil. Rancid oil —> bad for health, obviously. Sally Fallon, head of Weston A. Price Foundation, apparently refused to acknowledge that ingesting large amounts of rancid oil daily, for years, could have led to the health issues and eventual demise of a number of people in the community. I’ll see if I can find a link to that whole debacle. Obviously in this instance the oil in question was fermented/rancid, but it did give me pause regarding any processed product that claims to be natural/produced with ancestral methods. It’s hard to trust these claims, and it’s hard to judge the quality of the product.

Anyway, idk about Dropi, or why Vikings thrived while ingesting a PUFA rich oil (it is high in many other nutrients though), but I’d do some more research on manufacturers if you want to try it out.

cats

At that time and place it would have been one of the only good ways to get enough vitamin A and D