Differences between begging and working -- a comprehensive outlook of livelihood.

I've heard that you should find a job so you don't fall in to the ranks of begging. After all, begging is just something asking for money and does not make any themselves, right? I wonder what percent of people would want or expect something from someone else who has to give it to them, ignoring the reasoning why?

Kind of like when you ask your boss for a raise -- you're getting more money by asking (begging?) another person to give you more. What's worse is that your boss can always hard cap how much you make, whereas a beggar (in theory) can make any amount that no single employer, supervisor or etc. will likely ever give someone.

I've come to the idea that working and begging have one key difference -- the inclusion of where one wears their pride. When you beg for something or give someone the option of giving money to you (for no specific exchange of services or agreement, contract or otherwise) you are saying, "I will take something for something, maybe." Not exactly, but something like that is feasible. Now when you work for money you beg a different way -- you are essentially saying, "I will do things and adhere to the job for something, for sure, so long as you let me." As you can see the canonical, simplified understanding behind attaining a mere job is not all that different from begging, other than maybe the beggar being less specific. Whether you are agreeing to do yard work for the Pope or letting your neighbor know you can wash their card the precedent is not all that different; the difference is where ego resides on some level, at least sometimes.

When you get a "real job" with it comes status, which helps sustain the ego, pride, and framework of a functional approach to living and lifestyle. You don't merely beg for money a different way -- you solidify this with job securities (which can go as easily as the job sometimes), social relationships/hierarchies/molding, possible cultural adoptions/shifts, environmental changes and of course the adaptation to your "workstyle" as a regimen itself, physiologically to even spiritually. If what you do (or don't do) shapes you, what does that say about what you do up to 40+ hours every single week? Obviously if you can imagine some pieces of grapefruit making you moodier, or too much salad causing endotoxemia-like symptoms, what's surprising to think that a routine job which one of many do for dozens of hours a week isn't changing one too?

You see that the line can be drawn on or off wherever conveniently, but ultimately it is the "all" that affects us I think. The job's dedication is like any dedication -- you must change yourself in some various ways to get it, learn it, maintain it, etc. In fact to deny it might be a big coping mechanism as many would say a generic lifestyle affects plenty, but disregard how a work-life system in a certain light can do the same. Of course there're sayings maybe that work is only "work" (negative emphasis) if it weighs on you or wears you -- the problem may be that you're so sucked in to something for so long that your awareness of such may be hindered. Do you feel as cold in the cold 5 minutes as 40? Or are you so distracted that you stop thinking about the cold's effects to escape, try to maintain heat, or otherwise deal with it? Maladaptation is spoken of, but I can't say much there unfortunately. I suppose lack of work can be just as bad as overworking, but I can't really find a perfect line in the middle as everything in life seems to be a fine balancing act that is tough to see a "perfect" in (if not impossible).

Some things can appear good and bad -- for example a fine relationship with someone while being subjected to mate guarding behavior, a potential stressor and invigorative set of behaviors in certain circumstances. Ultimately you can beg for money or ask for money, but in today's age the difference is hardly justifiable especially. The real issue may be that we see begging as so negative and working as so positive when in deeper understanding you must always be relying on someone giving you something, regardless of what your definition of "working for it" entails. If such a difference between "begging for money" and "working for money" exists it must not be that large of a gap anyways, as ultimately we all rely on two sides of the same coin (the "wanting" side and the "getting" side -- the details surrounding each "end" are what people may draw the line of). If you go out and ask (beg) for money for doing some work, and the power rests on the shoulders of those you propose work to, the concept of begging and job hunting are not all that different (one may just seem fancier than the other). See, when you obtain more than just an exchange of goods or service for money on some agreement or contract it is easier to sell the job as something greater than just merely requesting something either empty-handed or as part of some agreement.

A plain old "beggar" may consider asking for money to be the same as working in the same light that they do work that is largely unrewarding to them (artists are the common example, where they may spend many hours of their life creating things for others, and gaining little or nothing for it financially). After all, again, if what you earn depends on who is willing to pay you and at what convenience or circumstance, how can we easily cast a shadow of doubt on those asking for something vs. appropriately (beneficially is more fitting here possibly) asking for it and getting it? If you "make yourself employable" you are making yourself suited for a very particular standard of lifestyle, structure or regimen whereas someone may expect money for what they contribute to the world even if it lacks immediate, monetizable value economically (I can stack 50 bricks in 50 minutes or less, but who wants to pay me for it when you have employed construction workers?)

If you want to pay what someone is worth, begging is possibly the best tool conceived since it gives you the option to spare anything of value you possess to another on the front of them being another being like you. If you think someone is worth something you may be inclined to give them something of yours, be it financially or not (i.e., opportunities). So begging is just a test in a sense -- a way of seeing what anyone finds valuable in you. No, I do not want to just pay everything I find value in because it's not feasible, but the concept is still there economically for the most part. After all you will pay one person thousands of bucks to do something I could also do, but choose to pay me nothing for it. Solid, objective value, right? So maybe we should not complain about those who shamelessly beg, and focus more on what really sets aside the optimal scenario where one takes a specific path and why another doesn't.

tankasnowgod

(I can stack 50 bricks in 50 minutes or less, but who wants to pay me for it when you have employed construction workers?)

50 bricks in 50 minutes? I would think anyone could do that in about 10, maybe 5. Construction workers do a lot more than just stack them, though. They build them into walls or patios or what have you.

I would think the main reason no one would pay you to stack 50 bricks in 50 minutes is probably because they just don't need random brick piles, and if they did, almost anyone else could do such stacking much, much quicker. Unless we are talking about some ridiculously large and heavy bricks here.

After all you will pay one person thousands of bucks to do something I could also do, but choose to pay me nothing for it. Solid, objective value, right?

Got anything specific in mind for this one? Like, Open Heart Surgery? I'm guessing if someone's getting paid a thousand bucks for something, they are more better at it than you, especially if you get zero for it.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals