Diets, habits, behaviors and wisdom of indigenous people and ancient civilizations

BearWithMe

I would like to learn how people lived before the industrialization and "westernization" of our world.

I'm curious how they ate, slept, socialized, breathed, how their families and relationships looked like, how their music sounded like, what they were doing in their free time, how they treated their ailments and diseases...

Are there any good sources on this?

I'm.No.One

I would like to learn how people lived before the industrialization and "westernization" of our world.

I'm curious how they ate, slept, socialized, breathed, how their families and relationships looked like, how their music sounded like, what they were doing in their free time, how they treated their ailments and diseases...

Are there any good sources on this?
Beyond Weston price you'll actually just need to study a partial culture you're interested in.

I suggest starting with your own culture.

I

i_nomad

I suggest starting with your own culture.
Agreed. We are undoubtedly connected to our ancestors through genetics a good deal more than we think. We are far more likely to find balance in our lives if we stick closer to the choices of our lineage. For example, we are far more likely to thrive off of the diet that came from our specific origins, than a drastically differing approach to feed some desire to feel “global”.

LucyL

Medieval English Gardens is a fantastic read on the pre-industrial European lifestyle. Spoiler alert - they ate a lot of fish, beans and cabbage.

1648395108593.png

GTW

Ayurveda is little changed after hundreds/thousands of years. Same for TCM food and diet principles.