Dietary Stearic Acid Reduces Visceral Fat By 70% And Increases Lean Mass

tara

wonder what Ray would think of that, eating 100% stearic acid flakes.
He says people shouldn't think of isolated amino acids as food, and that whole proteins are safer.
In the same vein, maybe our digestive systems aren't built to assimilate a pure fatty acid.
Just speculating here, I have no idea. But I think eating cocoa butter until we know more is safer to get Stearic Acid.
I've come across one or two vague, unreferenced reports about possible problems with straight stearic acid (eg causing cancer). And speculation that one reason might be that stearic acid is often manufactured by saturating some part of cotton seed oil, and that since cotton is typically very highly treated with insecticides, that might be the source of the harm. I don't know if that's true.

At any rate, Peat has expressed concern about contamination from manufacturing processes of isolated chemicals, and maybe it would be wise to investigate whether there is cause for concern about this one if one were considering consuming large amounts of it?

raypeatclips

I've come across one or two vague, unreferenced reports about possible problems with straight stearic acid (eg causing cancer). And speculation that one reason might be that stearic acid is often manufactured by saturating some part of cotton seed oil, and that since cotton is typically very highly treated with insecticides, that might be the source of the harm. I don't know if that's true.

At any rate, Peat has expressed concern about contamination from manufacturing processes of isolated chemicals, and maybe it would be wise to investigate whether there is cause for concern about this one if one were considering consuming large amounts of it?

More and more I see issues or a shortsightedness with isolated aspects of beneficial things. E.g caffeine compared to coffee, specific vitamins instead of nutritious foods, mct instead of coconut oil. Now there seems to be a lot of hype around stearic acid your post does not surprise me whatsoever. I will be experimenting with cocoa butter, chocolate, cocoa powder instead of straight stearic acid.

Vinero

More and more I see issues or a shortsightedness with isolated aspects of beneficial things. E.g caffeine compared to coffee, specific vitamins instead of nutritious foods, mct instead of coconut oil. Now there seems to be a lot of hype around stearic acid your post does not surprise me whatsoever. I will be experimenting with cocoa butter, chocolate, cocoa powder instead of straight stearic acid.
You have a good point. Whole foods are safer to get the nutrients.
However, the natural foods all contain small amounts of toxins or impurities.
For example eggs contain more PUFA than is optimal, Liver contains too much iron, Cocoa butter still has 3 % PUFA etc.
We want the vitamins and other good stuff but not the trace amounts of toxins/metabolic poisons.
The question is: Can a healthy metabolism eliminate PUFAs and Iron faster than we ingest them?
The building up of these metabolic poisons in the body drives the aging process itself.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I wonder what Ray would think of that, eating 100% stearic acid flakes.
He says people shouldn't think of isolated amino acids as food, and that whole proteins are safer.
In the same vein, maybe our digestive systems aren't built to assimilate a pure fatty acid.
Just speculating here, I have no idea. But I think eating cocoa butter until we know more is safer to get Stearic Acid.

I asked him in the past about palmitic acid and he said it would be good as supplement if the product is clean from contaminants.

Travis

Good point. As I said on another post I will mix with Cocoa butter and heat up and do trans dermally. Per @Travis it will not convert to oleic acid if done this way plus I get a nice calm feeling from it. Like I could care less about things.
It can still convert, although it might take longer. There is an enzyme called steroyl–CoA desaturate on the endoplasmic reticulum of many cells, and especially cancer cells (this enzyme is highly correlated with cancer). What it is there for is to turn the stearic acid produced in the cell from glucose-derived two-carbon units into oleoyl–CoA, or oleic acid attached to coenzyme A. The diving cell does this because it needs to double the volume of the cell membrane, which is composed of lipids. This extra double bond also creates a kink in the fatty acid thereby increasing its volume and fluidity relative to stearic acid—perhaps why increases in membrane fluidity had historically been observed with mitotic cells. This lipogenic machinery is upregualted by steroid regulatory element binding proteins (SREBP), which can in turn be released or transcribed by various cellular growth factors including (but not limited to): prolactin, insulin, insulin-like growth factor, leucine, and androgens. This process of increased lipogenenesis to prepare for mitosis is downregualted by triiodothyronine and vitamin D: perhaps two more anticancer agents. Polyamines help to double the nucleus with each cell division, but it takes lipogenesis to duplicate the membrane. The Warburg Effect can perhaps be seen as a way of conserving two-carbon units (acetyl–CoA) that would normally be lost as CO₂ through the uncoupling of mitochondria. What isn't used for energy is turned into fat—not to store as adipose tissue in the case of cancer, but as an obligatory synthetic step in cell membrane duplication. Thus: both leucine and methionine can perhaps be rightly regarded the two most anabolic amino acids (tryptophan №3), a suspicion which gains support through their wide use in bodybuilding communities and rat studies. When a cell is in a state of hyper-proliferation, I would expect that limiting these two amino acids would have the most effect.

Last edited:

aarfai

Wait did I miss something? Should the cocoa butter be applied transdermally instead of as eaten orally?

Ron J

I'm not sure if it's been answered already, but does anyone know the percentage of ingested stearic acid that converts into oleic acid?

Wagner83

Well we better ask for the fatty-acid profile of the Kokum butter before buying it, this is in French but they tested 2 different batches, one had 47% stearic acid 7% palmitic acid, the other had 37% stearic acid and 20 % palmitic acid. So, we need to find a good source and a good batch.
Beurre végétal de Kokum (sauvage) - Aroma-Zone

BibleBeliever

Bought 5 lbs of shea butter due to all the recent threads about stearic acid, 10 dollars a lb, which isn't too bad. Tastes alright too.

BibleBeliever

So its safe to eat butters designed for topical use? Assuming its a single-ingredient product?
Pure shea butter is safe. It sometimes is used in chocolates.

Shea butter - Wikipedia

"Shea butter is edible and is used in food preparation in some African countries"
Doesn't seem commonly eaten though. The woman at the store and others I asked thought it was strange to eat it. They insisted it was only for topical use, but from what I can see that is simply because of learned traditional behaviour of what they are exposed to.
I notice good energy from it so far. Will keep experimenting by eating it and applying topically to see.

I also put some in my nose, in place of ghee.
Last winter my nose became very dry, that it lacked mucus. I tried coconut oil and it made it worse. Ghee helped significantly, without application I found very allergenic effects to many substances.
Presumably this shea butter will have an even better effect.
I am not sure of the mechanism of reaction via the nose; in one thread a poster talks about the nose having relation to intestinal endotoxin.
Otherwise I am trying it on the thyroid region, the liver region, top of head, under eyes, etc. Very curious to analyze possible effects.

Trying to find beef tallow too, but having difficulties; to use more so than butter for a period to see if there is improvement. At work one employee always cuts the fats off his meats; that white marbled fat and gives them to me. Every time I eat them I feel great, muscle pump, voice deepening and all the rest. Beef tallow has 4% more stearic acid than butter.

ddjd

I asked him in the past about palmitic acid and he said it would be good as supplement if the product is clean from contaminants.
@Vinero my stearic acid powder arrived today. its a clumpy powder rather than flakes, i hope its the right thing. company says its for use in face creams etc. but it is apparantly from organic palm oil and is EP and BP quality- whatever that means.

ive dosed about 5g in two seperate doses and it seems to have same cortisol lowering effect, but no cognitive benefits like cacao butter

Vinero

@Vinero my stearic acid powder arrived today. its a clumpy powder rather than flakes, i hope its the right thing. company says its for use in face creams etc. but it is apparantly from organic palm oil and is EP and BP quality- whatever that means.

ive dosed about 5g in two seperate doses and it seems to have same cortisol lowering effect, but no cognitive benefits like cacao butter
I've ordered it too, and have bought cocoa butter as well. Keep us updated for good or bad effects.

ddjd

Pure shea butter is safe. It sometimes is used in chocolates.

Shea butter - Wikipedia

"Shea butter is edible and is used in food preparation in some African countries"
Doesn't seem commonly eaten though. The woman at the store and others I asked thought it was strange to eat it. They insisted it was only for topical use, but from what I can see that is simply because of learned traditional behaviour of what they are exposed to.
I notice good energy from it so far. Will keep experimenting by eating it and applying topically to see.

I also put some in my nose, in place of ghee.
Last winter my nose became very dry, that it lacked mucus. I tried coconut oil and it made it worse. Ghee helped significantly, without application I found very allergenic effects to many substances.
Presumably this shea butter will have an even better effect.
I am not sure of the mechanism of reaction via the nose; in one thread a poster talks about the nose having relation to intestinal endotoxin.
Otherwise I am trying it on the thyroid region, the liver region, top of head, under eyes, etc. Very curious to analyze possible effects.

Trying to find beef tallow too, but having difficulties; to use more so than butter for a period to see if there is improvement. At work one employee always cuts the fats off his meats; that white marbled fat and gives them to me. Every time I eat them I feel great, muscle pump, voice deepening and all the rest. Beef tallow has 4% more stearic acid than butter.
does shea butter have better stearic acid ratio than cacao butter though?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals