Dietary Stearic Acid Reduces Visceral Fat By 70% And Increases Lean Mass

Wagner83

The point is that it seems to act exactly like thyroid, at least for me. I have not used it consistently to see if it leads to weight loss but then again I do not really want to lose weight. I feel fine as is.
Do you get any mental and physical effects besides those you mentioned?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you get any mental and physical effects besides those you mentioned?

Physical - yes. It gives me a ton of energy and I get the urge to run :): Not so much mental, but mood improves when you feel so energetic.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What made you choose stearyl alcohol over stearic acid?

Stearic acid is very hard at room temp and thus...very hard to properly dose and/or measure and/or ingest. The flakes are easy as you can use a spoon and they seem to go down rather easy with some yogurt or even liquid.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Travis

Nice. Perhaps we out to inform @Obi-wan (Kenobi) of this magical butter?

YourUniverse

If kokum butter is the sole ingredient in a product, but its listed use is as a moisturizer, is there harm in ingestion? Could kokum butter replace milk butter or coconut oil for cooking in this scenario?

YourUniverse

From the link @Wagner83 provided (Fatty Acid Composition Of Some Major Oils), kokum butter is 52-56.4% stearic acid, and 39.4-41.5 oleic acid, which is a PUFA. Ray had this to say on oleic acid: "The amide of oleic acid is a sleep promoter, with apparent antiserotonin activity (Yang, et al., 2003), and since oleic acid tends to be displaced by diets high in PUFA, this suggests another way in which the highly unsaturated fatty acids could promote serotonin's effects." (Unsaturated fatty acids: Nutritionally essential, or toxic?)

Ray's quote leads one to believe oleic acid is beneficial, like SFA, making kokum an interesting oil to consider - thoughts?

Wagner83

I don't know where he stands on mufas, I think there isn't much against them, Tyw has interesting posts on how most SFA interfere with glucose use except maybe medium/ short-chained ones like Co, while mufa isn't an issue (doesn't mean to bathe in it).

Vinero

From the link @Wagner83 provided (Fatty Acid Composition Of Some Major Oils), kokum butter is 52-56.4% stearic acid, and 39.4-41.5 oleic acid, which is a PUFA. Ray had this to say on oleic acid: "The amide of oleic acid is a sleep promoter, with apparent antiserotonin activity (Yang, et al., 2003), and since oleic acid tends to be displaced by diets high in PUFA, this suggests another way in which the highly unsaturated fatty acids could promote serotonin's effects." (Unsaturated fatty acids: Nutritionally essential, or toxic?)

Ray's quote leads one to believe oleic acid is beneficial, like SFA, making kokum an interesting oil to consider - thoughts?
That means Ray finds Cocoa butter good too. Besides Stearic acid, Oleic acid is the most abundant Fatty acid.
Cocoa butter is 34,5 % Stearic acid, 34,5 % Oleic acid, and 26 % Palmitic Acid.
This means at least 95 % of dietary fat in Cocoa Butter is beneficial.

Kokum Butter beats Cocoa Butter though, looking at Stearic acid.
Oleic acid is a MUFA, which can be eaten without fear.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

I bet this is why cocoa butter and shea butter are so popular for skin and hair creams.

Vinero

I wonder what Ray would think of that, eating 100% stearic acid flakes.
He says people shouldn't think of isolated amino acids as food, and that whole proteins are safer.
In the same vein, maybe our digestive systems aren't built to assimilate a pure fatty acid.
Just speculating here, I have no idea. But I think eating cocoa butter until we know more is safer to get Stearic Acid.

dfspcc20

I wonder what Ray would think of that, eating 100% stearic acid flakes.
He says people shouldn't think of isolated amino acids as food, and that whole proteins are safer.
In the same vein, maybe our digestive systems aren't built to assimilate a pure fatty acid.
Just speculating here, I have no idea. But I think eating cocoa butter until we know more is safer to get Stearic Acid.

In general, Peat seems to be against manufactured foods and supplements unless he understands the process and feels confident that the final product is safe. He has endorsed fully hydrogenated coconut oil, which is manufactured, so I'm curious how he feels about this as well.

Obi-wan

Good point. As I said on another post I will mix with Cocoa butter and heat up and do trans dermally. Per @Travis it will not convert to oleic acid if done this way plus I get a nice calm feeling from it. Like I could care less about things.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals