Dietary Stearic Acid Reduces Visceral Fat By 70% And Increases Lean Mass

Wagner83

Did you try something like lindt 70% ? No milk, no lecithin, just a bit of vanilla and cacao.

Wagner83

It's precisely not written on the European package, it's written on all the other chocolate from Lindt I have seen.

managing

So the thing that still seems inconclusive is whether it is advisable to supplement with stearic acid or not. Opinions? unresolved issues?

Tarmander

So the thing that still seems inconclusive is whether it is advisable to supplement with stearic acid or not. Opinions? unresolved issues?
I’m testing it. I will put in my results tomorrow or this weekend

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I was explaining as a supplement it doesnt have much use. In food as compared to other fatty acids it compares in a similar way.
Which Is why I quoted that snippet.

Stearic acid seems absorbed well-enough in humans to be used as treatment of alcoholic cirrhosis. Peat wrote about the studies by Nanji and I posted a few others as well.
PUFA and Liver Toxicity; Protection by Saturated Fats – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

Many of the older Indian studies on cirrhosis used beef tallow, which is very high in stearic acid. You are right, we don't know yet if it will have anti-obesity effects in humans but it does absorb and does have good effects on other organs.

Wagner83

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Wagner83

What about ghee? Isn't that higher in stearic acid.

Palmitic acid appears to dominate the game:
Physical and chemical characteristics of ghee and butter from goat's and sheep's milk - ScienceDirect

Abstract
The physical and chemical characteristics of the butter and ghee of goat's and sheep's milk were studied. The saponification numbers of both butter and ghee samples prepared from goat's and sheep's milk were slightly high but showed low iodine and Reichert-Meissl values. Fatty acid composition revealed a relatively high degree of saturation (63·6–74·1%) with C16:0 (27·6–30·5%) and C18:1 (19·6–30·1%) being the predominant saturated and unsaturated fatty acids, respectively. The effect of heat on butter during its processing into ghee was minimal with no major differences being observed in the chemical and physical characteristics of either butter or ghee samples prepared from it.
All sources say the fatty acid profile of the milk and the type of animal producing has an influence on the resulting ghee (you don't say). Apparently the fatty acid profile of buffalo and cow ghee was published here but I can't find the paper: Ramamurthy MK, Narayanan KM. Fatty acid composition of buffalo and cow milk fats by gas-liquid chromatography (GLC)

While researching I stumbled on a few things which may or may not interest you:

Docosahexaenoic acid content is significantly higher in ghrita prepared by traditional Ayurvedic method

CONCLUSION
The findings suggested that ghrita prepared by traditional ayurvedic method contains higher amount of DHA with beneficial effects on human health.​

Something else:
Milk fat from pasture fed cows seems to be higher in linolenic acid than milk fat from cows receiving preserved grass or maize, but the magnitude of this difference is limited. Indirect comparisons show that milk fat from maize silage diets is richer in short-chain FA and linoleic acid when compared to grass silage diets. Compared to fresh grass, grass silage favours myristic and palmitic acids at the expense of mono- and polyunsaturated FA, including CLA. Protected tallow allows for a large increase in milk fat yield, and in the percentage of milk stearic and oleic acids, at the expense of medium chain FA. Non-protected tallow has a similar effect on medium chain FA without increasing so much C18 FA yield, which explains that it does not increase milk fat yield.

Last edited:

Wagner83

Last edited:

Tarmander

So I bought this stuff and gave it a try for about a week:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050LKJ6Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did 1 teaspoon with each meal, giving me around 7.5 grams a day, for 3-4 days. The last few days I did 2 teaspoons with each meal, or around 15g a day.

I noticed some masculinization at the 1 teaspoon per meal. My voice was deeper and my "junk" fuller. I get these same effects from Coconut oil.

I think coconut oil is a good comparison for this stuff actually.

All in all, it seems coconut oil gives you more "effects" then this stearic acid. I did not lose any weight. I did not feel as heavy as I do when taking tablespoons of coconut oil, so that is a perk. It seems like coconut oil can take 24 hours+ to really get through your system, where as this stuff was dealt with quicker.

Stearic also wreaked havoc with my blood sugars(just like high dose coconut oil), and caused insulin resistance. At first it was alright, but when I went up to 2 teaspoons with each meal, I was on a roller coaster. Stearic acid does the same annoying thing as coconut oil in that it makes me very hungry about an hour after ingestion. So I would take this with a meal, and then an hour later be ravenous and eat something else. I do not deny my body when it is hungry. This puts me in the awkward position of having rising blood sugar from a meal, and then also being hungry and eating food on top of that. I would then need to take lots more insulin, eventually crashing...hence rollercoaster.

All in all, not amazing or anything. Maybe if I used it for longer. I would say that doing a teaspoon or two a day is probably the sweet spot for me. When I got up to 6 teapsoons, the insulin resistance was too much. I also noticed I seemed less caring at that high dosage...kind of a low undercurrent of frustration. Coconut at higher doses does that to me as well. Hope this helps anyone. I will probably do a teaspoon a day of this stuff for the foreseeable future, a I have 3 lbs of it and there are some nice effects similar to coconut oil.

Wagner83

@Tarmander what is your fat intake? Don't you get energy issues with very low fat while eating starch? When you say CO and stearic acid makes you insulin resistant, what is your definition (in terms of symptoms) for that?
As for "fuller penis" and deeper voice, so far my experience points to butter working well for that while CO does the opposite. More testing needed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals