Dietary Sources Of Vitamin E?

olive

Do you think it's important to separate vitamin e and k intake within the day because they share same absorbtion mechanism? Could both be eaten with low fat meals or is fat important for absorbtion of vitamin k?
I get so much vitamin E that I’m not too worried about maximising it’s absorption. Vitamin K is more difficult for me to acquire (without eating more greens than I would like) so I aim to maximise its absorption by always consuming alongside fats and away from competing vitamins.

LUH 3417

It’s the same as any other day. Purple sweet potato, coconut water, tomato, kiwi fruit/berries in the day. Lean fish/shellfish, coconut oil, spinach, dark chocolate at night. Glycine and coffee all day.

On days I’m more active I’ll add cranberry juice and pineapple/papaya.

On days I don’t have time to cook dinner I’ll do pea protein with almond/maca milk and dark chocolate.
Do you make your own almond/maca milk?

ebs

Does vitamin E get deposited in your body fat? How long would I need to supplement 400iu (for example) to store enough vitamin E?

Nemo

I have come to realize I am likely deficient in vitamin E.
Many sources of vitamin E are high in PUFA. Where should I get my vitamin E from?

Dr. Peat said vitamin E is stored in the liver, so he recommended beef liver for vitamin E as well as B vitamins. He also recommended fish eggs for vitamin E. I've never been able to find a source for how much E you get from these.

Masterjohn recommends Jarrow Toco-Sorb,1 pill/day for your first few years off PUFAs. 13 mg.

Korven

For the past year or so I've been chronically low in vitamin E (about 10-20% RDI) and I'd like to fix that because I have been seeing new age spots/lipofuscin form on my arms, probably not a good sign of internal health.

I've been racking my brain lately trying to find a good food source of vitamin E that's also low in PUFA. Seems like the best option is just eating lots of vegetables?

For example 500 g of broccoli has 10 mg vitamin E, that would be a convenient and tasty way to get a good amount of vitamin E along with other nutrients minus the PUFA.

Vinny

I love tomatoes, but I think I might be sensitive to nightshades :(
My Italian ancestors are frowning upon me.
lol
Nice thread, btw

Vinny

Check out fresh prickly pear ;)
It grows here. I can get tons of them for pennies, but while investigating its nutritional content in the past, couldn`t find anything special. It was low in everything. What do you know about it?

Kingpinguin

I believe Peat has said if you regularly take Coconut oil you don't need Vitamin E. But yes that has always seemed something of a Peatarian paradox for me. So Vitamin E is anti-estrogen etc yet it's predominantly found (and sourced) from PUFA oils (Soy and Wheatgerm). What the role of Vitamin E plays in the plants themselves seems a bit of a mystery. Olive oil has a tiny amount as well, I understand.

But yeah, for the amount needed to have an effect I agree supplementation is best.

Its not a mystery. Grass contains vitamin E to protect itself from ultraviolet light. And if I remember correctly PUFA oxidizes faster from ultraviolet light so thus plants with higher PUFA content needs more Vitamin E. Also vitamin E helps plant tolerate cold weather better aswell but the mechanism there is unclear for me. Seen articles about it on google and on wikipedia it mentions that plants need vitamin E to protect from the ultraviolet damage

Kingpinguin

I believe Peat has said if you regularly take Coconut oil you don't need Vitamin E.

Hi I’m very curious to this. Is it any possibilty you can find this for me. I don’t tolerate vitamin E but I can tolerate coconut oil. So I’m curious if its valid and maybe a reason as to why?
Thanks in advance

olive

For the past year or so I've been chronically low in vitamin E (about 10-20% RDI) and I'd like to fix that because I have been seeing new age spots/lipofuscin form on my arms, probably not a good sign of internal health.

I've been racking my brain lately trying to find a good food source of vitamin E that's also low in PUFA. Seems like the best option is just eating lots of vegetables?

For example 500 g of broccoli has 10 mg vitamin E, that would be a convenient and tasty way to get a good amount of vitamin E along with other nutrients minus the PUFA.
Tomato paste.

I try and get some every day in small amounts, as opposed to Peat's view on "loading" of it in the body once per week or such.

I'd say supplement all the way. I get it from this often because it's so inexpensive/cheap, although I don't exactly agree with all of the ingredients:

100% RDA per bottle likely means 15 mg or 22.4 IUs.

Vinny

@Vinny Chronometer tells prickly pear are very rich in vitamin E and vitamin K..
I didn`t know back then about Chronometer and I`m not signed up. Can you drop here the table? I couldn`t find any other source, mentioning high K and E, EXCEPT the oil from the seeds of the pulp, but that`s not the same as eating the fruit.... Thank you

Adrienlcrx

No problem @Vinny
It is a screenshot for 500gr prickly pear

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190928-191106.jpg
    Screenshot_20190928-191106.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 103

Vinny

No problem @Vinny
It is a screenshot for 500gr prickly pear
Unbelievable.... It seems I`ve been a silly goose for 11 years residing in Cyprus. I can literally go out of my house for a walk and be back in an hour with a bucket of this stuff. Damn, who would`ve guessed....
So, this shows the content in the pulp, you think?

Adrienlcrx

Yes I think it is the content of the whole fruit (pulp and seeds include maybe)
Honestly I think a really good sensation when I eat them
Easy to digest and taste pretty good (not too sweet perfect for me)

olive

How much? Chronometer shows you need like half pound of it to get 10mg of Vit E, supplementation seems more convenient.
Yeah. I eat a 500g jar most days. Cheap, tasty, no preparation necessary, nutritious.

Vinny

Yes I think it is the content of the whole fruit (pulp and seeds include maybe)
Honestly I think a really good sensation when I eat them
Easy to digest and taste pretty good (not too sweet perfect for me)
Welcome in Cyprus!
Fresh vitamins E and K behind every corner (literally)
IMG_20191108_080057.jpg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals