Dietary Salt Promotes Cognitive Impairment Through Tau Phosphorylation

Isn`t this activation of the immunesystem? In this society there are allergens everywhere. Lowered salt is depressing immunesystem like Omega 3?

Yes,it is.And the Immune System is killing people,the so-called Autoimmune-Diseases.

Most people dont have too low immunity,but a too high one, because of undue ionic singnalling mediated via excess Sodium which enables immunity going from idling to active engagement,thats why people get superficial relieve
from their condition by low-immunity,low-inflammation mimics like stims such as caffeine or amphetamine,
or Cortisol,which is for a lot of people highly normalizing,but already in the short-term destructive.
You do want low reactivity of your immunity to allergens,not high reactivity.Self-Tolerance.

Anders86

Yes,it is.And the Immune System is killing people,the so-called Autoimmune-Diseases.

Most people dont have too low immunity,but a too high one, because of undue ionic singnalling mediated via excess Sodium which enables immunity going from idling to active engagement,thats why people get superficial relieve
from their condition by low-immunity,low-inflammation mimics like stims such as caffeine or amphetamine,
or Cortisol,which is for a lot of people highly normalizing,but already in the short-term destructive.
You do want low reactivity of your immunity to allergens,not high reactivity.Self-Tolerance.

With that attitude it would be dangerous to take a bath in the sea and other mineral rich water sources?

burtlancast

One fact backed up by epidemiological studies is that essential hypertension is unknown in countries restraining from adding any salt to their food supply.

LucyL

Children will get severely disordered if you give them
what they crave,and it will be Junk-Food a lot of the time,There is no machinery for advanced analysis of foodstuff in us,a lot of people operating under this implicit notion.

"Salt they ate only occasionally, often spluttering, choking or even crying bitterly after getting it in the mouth but never trying to spit it out and frequently going back for more, with a repetition of the same spluttering, etc."

Account of infants who freely chose independently among (almost completely) salt-free foods to satisfy their nutritional/hunger needs and also had salt separately available for free choice. From a food study conducted with infants in the early 20th century.

High_Prob

"Salt they ate only occasionally, often spluttering, choking or even crying bitterly after getting it in the mouth but never trying to spit it out and frequently going back for more, with a repetition of the same spluttering, etc."

Account of infants who freely chose independently among (almost completely) salt-free foods to satisfy their nutritional/hunger needs and also had salt separately available for free choice. From a food study conducted with infants in the early 20th century.

Can you post the link to the full study?

It doesnt even matter.
Human development is one of a kind,and having residual sublimated instinct is of not much importance.

Also,the wisdom of the Animal-World:Rats love to push down a lever for a serving of Cocaine,and love it so much,
that they push down on it over and over and over again,till death.
Even Animals eat salted Junkfood if its proposed often enough.

My cat liked to lick vanilla ice cream,there was a News-story on with a cat that suffocated under his own mega-weight,
dutifully gained&maintained on a zone-diet comprising Hot-Dogs and Beer.
Animals eat healthy just because the intelligence is not there to engineer Fake-Food.

Sugar and Butterfat, if fed Ad-Libitum is eaten till obesity in mice.

They also like the taste of salted food and water more,and can get pathological Hypertension through comfort eating
just like we do!

LucyL

It doesnt even matter.

Would Charlie ban me if I said "OK Boomer"? o_O Better just to quote Peat -

"For physiology, the equivalent of medicine’s “first do no harm” would be “first, don’t believe unfounded doctrines.” Accepting that principle puts a person into a critical attitude, and experiments can become actually “empirical,” an extension of experience that allows you to perceive new things, rather than “testing hypotheses.” Unless a hypothesis is a generalization from real experience, rather than a deduction from a doctrine, progress is likely to be very slow. A first step in developing a critical attitude is to identify the idols that stand in the way of real understanding."

"For physiology, the equivalent of medicine’s “first do no harm” would be “first, don’t believe unfounded doctrines.” Accepting that principle puts a person into a critical attitude, and experiments can become actually “empirical,” an extension of experience that allows you to perceive new things, rather than “testing hypotheses.” Unless a hypothesis is a generalization from real experience, rather than a deduction from a doctrine, progress is likely to be very slow. A first step in developing a critical attitude is to identify the idols that stand in the way of real understanding."

Haha,You are allowed to call me that,im ok,but im not Boomer-age,but maybe im boomer-aligned,or boomer-deranged?

PS:He is somewhat right in that regard,and my examples were touching upon this notion.
The cocaine-rats and the hotdog-cats dont know what they are doing,have no-clued in wisdom,and killing themselves through bad life-choices,that is my generalization from real experience.

Last edited:

Anders86

Lol

LucyL

From the previous study: Self Selection of Diet By Newly Weaned Infants
"In this connection it should be remembered that on account of his rickets Earl H. had cod liver oil and a milk (S.M.A.) containing cod liver oil served on his tray during the first months of the experiment and that he took voluntarily 47^ drachms (178 cc.) of the pure cod liver oil and 21^ drachms (80 cc.) of cod liver oil incorporated in S.M.A., a total of 68% drachms (258 cc.) in 101 days. About the time the blood calcium and phosphorus reached normal and the roentgenogram showed the rickets to be healed, he ceased to take any pure cod liver oil and after it had been left untouched on the tray for more than two weeks both it and the S.M.A. were no longer served."

Caffeine, a Vitamin Like Nutrient or Adaptogen:
Women spontaneously drink more coffee premenstrually, and since caffeine is known to increase the concentration of progesterone in the blood and in the brain, this is obviously a spontaneous and rational form of self-medication

Salt, Energy, Metabolic Rate and Longevity
Many young women periodically crave salt and sugar, especially around ovulation and premenstrually, when estrogen is high. Physiologically, this is similar to the food cravings of pregnancy.

Other protective effects of increased sodium are that it improves immunity (Junger, et al., 1994), reduces vascular leakiness, and alleviates inflammation (Cara, et al., 1988). All of these effects would tend to protect against the degenerative diseases, including tumors, atherosclerosis, and Alzheimer’s disease. The RAA system appears to be crucially involved in all kinds of sickness and degeneration, but the protective effects of sodium are more basic than just helping to prevent activation of that system.

When mice are chilled, they spontaneously prefer slightly salty water, rather than fresh, and it increases their heat production (Dejima, et al., 1996).

Now that inflammation is recognized as having a central role in the degenerative diseases, the fact that renin, angiotensin, and aldosterone all contribute to inflammation and are increased by a sodium deficiency, should arouse interest in exploring the therapeutic uses of sodium supplementation, and the integrated use of all of the factors that normally support respiratory energy production, especially thyroid and progesterone.

From the previous study: Self Selection of Diet By Newly Weaned Infants
"In this connection it should be remembered that on account of his rickets Earl H. had cod liver oil and a milk (S.M.A.) containing cod liver oil served on his tray during the first months of the experiment and that he took voluntarily 47^ drachms (178 cc.) of the pure cod liver oil and 21^ drachms (80 cc.) of cod liver oil incorporated in S.M.A., a total of 68% drachms (258 cc.) in 101 days. About the time the blood calcium and phosphorus reached normal and the roentgenogram showed the rickets to be healed, he ceased to take any pure cod liver oil and after it had been left untouched on the tray for more than two weeks both it and the S.M.A. were no longer served."

Caffeine, a Vitamin Like Nutrient or Adaptogen:
Women spontaneously drink more coffee premenstrually, and since caffeine is known to increase the concentration of progesterone in the blood and in the brain, this is obviously a spontaneous and rational form of self-medication

Salt, Energy, Metabolic Rate and Longevity
Many young women periodically crave salt and sugar, especially around ovulation and premenstrually, when estrogen is high. Physiologically, this is similar to the food cravings of pregnancy.

Other protective effects of increased sodium are that it improves immunity (Junger, et al., 1994), reduces vascular leakiness, and alleviates inflammation (Cara, et al., 1988). All of these effects would tend to protect against the degenerative diseases, including tumors, atherosclerosis, and Alzheimer’s disease. The RAA system appears to be crucially involved in all kinds of sickness and degeneration, but the protective effects of sodium are more basic than just helping to prevent activation of that system.

When mice are chilled, they spontaneously prefer slightly salty water, rather than fresh, and it increases their heat production (Dejima, et al., 1996).

Now that inflammation is recognized as having a central role in the degenerative diseases, the fact that renin, angiotensin, and aldosterone all contribute to inflammation and are increased by a sodium deficiency, should arouse interest in exploring the therapeutic uses of sodium supplementation, and the integrated use of all of the factors that normally support respiratory energy production, especially thyroid and progesterone.

The first thing,the child, you tell desperate hair-pulling parents,to calm them,there is no guiding instinct,
i do believe that this is made-up,well-meaning pedagogy.
Same for Peat,you see the desperate,and if you are a man of goodwill,like Peat,you give
tendency for guidance of the desperate.
In other countries,they are using cocaine to feel better.

SaltGirl

The problem with this anti-salt rhetoric is that it completely ignores France, South-Korea and Japan that have higher sodium intakes yet do not suffer healthwise in comparison to other countries with lower consumption. It also ignores studies on CFS subjects who were either given more salt or drugs increasing salt-retention and it abated their CFS symptoms. Most interesting study I saw some time ago was that increased sodium consumption reduced caries incident in rats, but I'll admit that it might have been a fluke.

Comparing Cocaine and Sodium is a very faulty comparison and has no bearing on the issue at hand.

Now, salt is complicated and we probably do not have the full picture. We do, however, know that the war on salt has not fixed any of the diseases associated with sodium and even if sodium consumption has remained level for the last 50 years these same diseases have been going up. This is all old data and I am quite honestly perplexed to see someone ignore the existing data to keep on vilifying a complex compound absolutely that obviously has therapeutic and important physiological effects. It might very well be bad in certain contexts.

In the end we the only option is to try out stuff for yourself and see how you do. Increased sodium intake for me and others have helped physiologically a lot. Then again I have also known of people whose increased salt intake did not help.

***t is complicated.

"Same for Peat,you see the desperate,and if you are a man of goodwill,like Peat,you give tendency for guidance of the desperate."

I hope you realize that you are no different except in the tone and approach?

The problem with this anti-salt rhetoric is that it completely ignores France, South-Korea and Japan that have higher sodium intakes yet do not suffer healthwise in comparison to other countries with lower consumption. It also ignores studies on CFS subjects who were either given more salt or drugs increasing salt-retention and it abated their CFS symptoms. Most interesting study I saw some time ago was that increased sodium consumption reduced caries incident in rats, but I'll admit that it might have been a fluke.

Comparing Cocaine and Sodium is a very faulty comparison and has no bearing on the issue at hand.

Now, salt is complicated and we probably do not have the full picture. We do, however, know that the war on salt has not fixed any of the diseases associated with sodium and even if sodium consumption has remained level for the last 50 years these same diseases have been going up. This is all old data and I am quite honestly perplexed to see someone ignore the existing data to keep on vilifying a complex compound absolutely that obviously has therapeutic and important physiological effects. It might very well be bad in certain contexts.

In the end we the only option is to try out stuff for yourself and see how you do. Increased sodium intake for me and others have helped physiologically a lot. Then again I have also known of people whose increased salt intake did not help.

***t is complicated.

"Same for Peat,you see the desperate,and if you are a man of goodwill,like Peat,you give tendency for guidance of the desperate."

I hope you realize that you are no different except in the tone and approach?

We dont know how these countries would fare with a physiologic Salt-intake.
The rates of inflammatory diseases in
industrialized Nations was approximated as something like 10 to 20 percent of the populace,that is an enormous amount of suffering,millions of people cared for by careless and blood-thirsty "providers".

All Salt-Apologets have nothing to show for,except i feel better after a salty meal,which is based on the other nutrition-components,and comfort eating,and free access to a salt-dispenser,dispensing poorly understood metal-salt-supplement.

Salt Loading is at best a Placebo-effect;probably no one has sodium deficiency,except for medication-interactions,and the seemingly low Sodium concentrations inferred from lazy bloodwork-guessing,are debunked and unreliable.

Tissue-Loading up to 30fold of normal values are the proven reality,by means of on-line radioactive-labeled Na-
Tracers.
Sodium excess is the old and the new Paradigm.

LucyL

The first thing,the child, you tell desperate hair-pulling parents,to calm them,there is no guiding instinct,
i do believe that this is made-up,well-meaning pedagogy.
Same for Peat,you see the desperate,and if you are a man of goodwill,like Peat,you give
tendency for guidance of the desperate.
In other countries,they are using cocaine to feel better.

That's not an interesting argument.

Headlines that i agree with:

Inflammation, CRP, calcium overload and a high calcium–phosphate product: a 'liaison dangereuse'
^^^INFLAM=Milk,bacterial contamination from it,endotoxin and true infection,CRP=Same,CALC OVERDOSE=Milk-Calcium amount and possible too high availability,HI-CALC TO PHOS RATIO=The milk,the reduction of muscle meat.

High sodium intake adversely affects oxidative-inflammatory response, cardiac remodelling and mortality after myocardial infarction
^^^ 50 percent reduction of lipid peroxidation was found after engagement of Lo Salt Diet LSD,
which is excellent.If someone is doing very high dose Vitamin E,3200 IU a day,after months of intake
his lipid peroxidation goes down a only a respectable 25 percent.

High-sodium intake aggravates myocardial injuries induced by aldosterone via oxidative stress in Sprague-Dawley rats

Low-sodium DASH reduces oxidative stress and improves vascular function in salt-sensitive humans
^^^ thirty percent of the populace are Salt-Sensitives,very good at retaining Sodium.

Salt-induced nephropathy in obese spontaneously hypertensive rats via paradoxical activation of the mineralocorticoid receptor: role of oxidative stress
^^^ Paradoxical activation of the MR.Sodium does not protecc against aldosterone-action,it enhances it,
despite lowered readings.HI Salt Diet HSD activates the true Aldosterone-damage target MR powerfully
without the need of Aldosterone itself.Hence,Lowered Aldosterone doesnt equal lowered Aldosterone action,
because Aldosterone acts via the MR,which gets agonized more potently than baseline by "Normal" and
high salt intakes.

Relative deficiency of nitric oxide-dependent vasodilation in salt-hypertensive Dahl rats: the possible role of superoxide anions
^^^ 30 percent of the populace of western societies are just like those Dahl rats,Salt-Senstive.

High-salt diet enhances hippocampal oxidative stress and cognitive impairment in mice

High salt induced hypertension leads to cognitive defect

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5707060/pdf/oncotarget-08-95780.pdf

SALT LOADING.JPG

SALT LOADING.JPG

I believe we do not have a salt appetite,we have appetite for a range of Foods that have Umami - Metal-like taste.

The elephant in the room is: WHY?Why at all? Why Salt loading,the true needed amount is 500mg to 1500mg a day,
yet people consume at least 5x to 10x to 15x the amount.

If you look at the evidence,you find there is nothing,
and Peat is just mistaken and fell for "when low Sodium in Blood,then low Sodium in Body",which is just not true,
and he just doesnt know about "Osmotically neutral Sodium Retention" and that people are already salted to their gills.

Also metabolic Acidosis through Bicarbonate wasting,which then gets juggled with sodium bicarbonate like goofy in
those cartoons.

Potassium intake and perspiration levels are important considerations. Many here eat the bulk of their calories from fruit, tubers, and dairy. For example, I hit double the potassium RDA from potatoes and kwark alone on training days. Speaking of training, if you've ever achieved even modest strength feats such as a half bodyweight single dumbbell overhead press for reps or a double bodyweight snatch grip Romanian deadlift for reps, you would know that 500mg of sodium does not cut the mustard.

Potassium intake and perspiration levels are important considerations. Many here eat the bulk of their calories from fruit, tubers, and dairy. For example, I hit double the potassium RDA from potatoes and kwark alone on training days. Speaking of training, if you've ever achieved even modest strength feats such as a half bodyweight single dumbbell overhead press for reps or a double bodyweight snatch grip Romanian deadlift for reps, you would know that 500mg of sodium does not cut the mustard.

I thought that way too.
But seemingly high Potassium is the true normal,
and seemingly low Sodium is true normal.
500mg Sodium is indeed the lowest End,but still
the very low renal physiologic amount that is needed to achieve steady-state
between intake and elimination.If the regulatory processes involved
in maintaining said steady-state are truly toxic or just indicating
normalization of the need for higher Potassium and Magnesium,that im not sure of any longer.

But what if the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone hierarchy is based
on false assumptions?Researchers normalized NaCl intake around the notion of
a salt-dispenser in their Cafeteria-Diet.
Very high Potassium and very Low Sodium is the true normal,and we have to find
the true Na-K-Balance and their regulatory Hormone-networks.

Sodium-induced low-Aldosterone enhances Aldosterone-Damage,by circumventing
Aldosterone-action and going for the mineralocorticoidreceptor MR more indirectly.

Also High Salt Diet HSD and Tau,Amyloid Beta,Hypertension,reduced dendritic connection,
increased lipid peroxidation,Muscle wasting,Potassium-Dumping,and possible induction
and maintenance of autoimmune-type inflammation via SGK1 IL23 TH17 IL17 pathing.
The Cl also induces metabolic acidosis via renal-physiologic Bicarbonate-Dumping.

Last edited:
"A longitudinal study from 4-year assessment found that the risk of cognitive impairment was increased 2.8 times in persons with hypertension [8]. In persons with hypertension, treatment with antihypertensive drug therapy had a 30% lower incidence of dementia than persons with hypertension not treated with antihypertensive drug therapy [9]."

High salt induced hypertension leads to cognitive defect

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals