Diet Sub-Forums

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
To make the information more organized we are going to create sub-forums. This will help a lot but it will take a while to implement, so it will not be an overnight thing and will be a work in progress. :P

What should the Diet sub-forum sections be called?

-coconut oil
-fruits
-meat
-milk
-starches
-weight loss

*I will update this post with the sub forum names and will start adding them as I can.

4peatssake

What if we did Fat, Carbs and Protein and a separate subforum also for Dairy with sub categories under each?

Coconut oil is the predominant saturated fat recommended but butter and olive oil have their place as well. The only way to prepare seared scallops imo is in a mixture of butter and olive oil. ;)

So something like:

FAT'
a. Coconut Oil
b. Butter
c. Olive oil

CARBS
a. Fruit
b. Juice
c. Honey
d. Sugar
e. Starches (potatoes, oats, rice,)
f. Vegetables

Protein
a. Meat
b. Fish
c. Eggs
d. Gelatin

Dairy
a. Milk
b. Cheese
c. Greek Yogurt
d. Ice Cream

I think weight loss and exercise both need a home too - but not in diet. My sense is we'd run the risk of falling into mainstream dogma if we put weight loss in the "diet" section. Perhaps they can be placed in a Lifestyles sub forum or ?

kiran

We can make lots of subforums, but I think the important thing is that they should all see some activity. Otherwise there's really no point in having a really quiet sub forum that everyone ignores and potentially some posts will get missed.

Just a thought.

4peatssake

kiran said:
We can make lots of subforums, but I think the important thing is that they should all see some activity. Otherwise there's really no point in having a really quiet sub forum that everyone ignores and potentially some posts will get missed.
Good point.

But we have so many threads on the same subject or the same questions being asked and answered. It would be helpful I think to have some of the vast wealth of information on the forum organized to some degree, to both avoid extensive duplication and make it less likely to miss important posts.

I know we've talked about this before - more than once ;) - and it's a lot of work.

A team of volunteers to take this on would be very helpful. :D

This of course is not designed to affect discussion on anything, but rather to organize the wealth of wisdom the forum has already amassed in its relatively short life.

At least that's my understanding of its purpose.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The purpose is exactly what 4ps is saying. Basically its better organizing the information we have. I have seen it said that if a forum is set up correctly, search function isn't needed nearly as much.

tara

Also keep a more general diet sub-forum for all those threads that are more about overview, or relate lots of different factors? Eg the What does your diet look like thread, and such-like.

kiran

Charlie, if you're having trouble with the search function, perhaps issues with server load, I think adding a google site search might be useful and take some of that load off.

Philomath

Don't forget a coffee sub and coke under carbs ;-)
I'd be willing to help organize.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals