diet soda

mamaherrera

Is diet soda really bad?? Not that I dont want regular soda, but I've always had this addiction to diet soda. especially when really stressed or really happy.

Mittir

Here is a news article on a study showing higher rate of type 2
diabetes for diet soda compared to regular soda.
Françoise Clavel-Chapelon (Director of Research at INSERM-University of Paris-Sud 11, at the Institut Gustave Roussy), and Guy Fagherazzi were interested in a connection between the consumption of ‘diet’ or ‘light’ soft drinks and the risk of Type II diabetes. The analysis performed on 66,188 women in the E3N cohort confirms a link between sweet soft drinks and type II diabetes and reveals for the first time in France that, contrary to received wisdom, there is a higher risk of diabetes from so-called ‘diet’ or ‘light’ drinks than from ‘normal’ sweetened soft drinks. Additional studies on the effects of ‘light’ sweetened soft drinks are needed to corroborate the result.
source : http://english.inserm.fr/press-area/die ... i-diabetes
Full Text : http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early ... l.pdf+html

RP also mentioned how sweet taste increases sugar metabolism and when there is no
sugar in the drinks, it can lead to increase in stress hormones.

OP
M

mamaherrera

then I guess I need to leave the diet soda, I don't need anymore stress hormones in me. Thanks

mamaherrera said:
then I guess I need to leave the diet soda, I don't need anymore stress hormones in me. Thanks

A wise choice mamaherrera...Dr. Russell Blaylock is a retired neurosurgeon who says aspartame/NutraSweet etc. are excitotoxins that cause brain lesions. He wrote a book about it: Excitotoxins: The Taste that Kills...if you are interested. He also has some YouTube vids.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals