Diet Full Of Chocolate

Sven90

Hello dear friends!

Disclaimer: The following sounds "crazy", so please be nice ;-)

Inspired by this thread:
PROGRESS REPORT FASTEST FAT LOSS EVER THANKS TO RAYYY
Amazing "Croissant Diet" Experiment Results (Stearic Acid/Saturated Fat)

I weigh 80 kilos, 182 cm tall and I train three times a week. (Bodybuilding)

So far I have been on a "low"-fat diet.
(Lots of fruit (dates, Honey, OJ), cottage cheese, cheese, eggs, tuna etc.) I can't handle starches very well.
Approximately: 120 gr. protein / 50 to 60 grams fat / ... carbohydrates. About 2300 cal´s

Diet was okay. Two things bothered me:
1. I was often hungry
2. I had a huge craving for chocolate. Even small amounts did not work to handle this.
3. Lately I could hardly lose any further weight

This week I've been on the following diet:

110 - 140 gr fat, 160 gr carbohydrates, 120 gr protein
About 2300 calories.

On these days I ate 3 bars of chocolate (300 gr. in total per day) + lean protein sources and carrots

Result:
  • I was always satisfied. Often did not feel like eating.
  • I had constant energy. The energy feels different. Not overexcited (unfortunately), but constant energy.
  • I lost 5 pounds.

I took extra magnesium, calcium and potassium :):

I realize that this can't really be healthy, but I feel really good. I will continue to report :):

Do you think that there are too few carbohydrates to prevent the metabolism of protein? (gluconeogenesis)

OP
S

Sven90

Why should I? I use a lot of essential Amino Acids. I think this should be enough

You are undereating and get these hungerflashes, like a pregnant woman or such.

OP
S

Sven90

Okay. I think its quite normal to be hungry on a weight loss diet. If I increase protein, I need to increase carbs as well to have at least a 2:1 carb/ protein ratio. But than its not a weight loss diet anymore :D

J

james2388

bodybuilding and can't handle white rice or potatoes?? Definitely under eating.

OP
S

Sven90

Starches wont work for me. At least not if I want to loose weight, no chance

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
Okay. I think its quite normal to be hungry on a weight loss diet. If I increase protein, I need to increase carbs as well to have at least a 2:1 carb/ protein ratio. But than its not a weight loss diet anymore :D

Being hungry is one thing, specific cravings usually correspond to specific deficiencies as evidenced by... you feeling better without changing your calories

OP
S

Sven90

Yes. And I had a craving for chocolate. Not Beef, chicken, milk or anything else with protein

Do not overthink it. Most studies point to an even further increase in need of protein during restrictive regimens, up to 2.5g of protein per kilogram of bodyweight/d; cravings do not work very well, instinctive eating is unsupported.

OP
S

Sven90

Yes thank you. And lots of „studies“ point of that you Substitute protein with Essential amino acids. I do take a lot of Eaas on top of the protein

Yes thank you. And lots of „studies“ point of that you Substitute protein with Essential amino acids. I do take a lot of Eaas on top of the protein

..But we need also the non essential AAs, they are so important indeed, that they are not essential, but have redundant operation via endogenous synthesis; you also need micros along the protein intake, which EAA - blends lack. Further, too fast uptake of free form AAs increases whole body protein catabolism via skewing of sensing thresholds of total AA - pool availability.

kreeese

thank you for the Inspiration! it goes both ways! Hows it going?? every time I stumble....I go back to my higher fat chocolate diet!!
Krees Nyc

OP
S

Sven90

Hey :):

Its more than good!! Runing this kind of diet almost for a year right now. Had two blood test with more than 30 markers in between. All blood work is very good!!!

Disclaimer: I have a strange & busy job, that is why my diet is super stupid. Consistency is key for me!

My staple diet:

Meal 1
1 Bar Chocolate (100 gr)
1 Lean source of protein (Tuna, Beef, Cottage Cheese)
1 Fruit (Apple, Banana, Orange)
Carrots

Meal 2
1 "Full Fat" Quark/ Cottage Cheese (sometimes: 5 Eggs scrambled)
Carrots

Meal 3
1 Bar Chocolate (100 gr)
Carrots

Meal 4 (before bed)

+ approx 30 grams of EAAs per day.

Thats approx 2200 to 2300 cal per day. With this I am losing weight. If I dont want to lose weight, I just drink more Coconut Water and Orange Juice throughout the day.

I switch between "normal Milk Chocolate" and "dark" Chocolate. If I use the dark one, I am more satisfied, but it does not taste that good....

Again two blood works in between and everything is more than great!!

Attachments

• IMG_8404.JPG
    IMG_8404.JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

kreeese

Hey :):

Its more than good!! Runing this kind of diet almost for a year right now. Had two blood test with more than 30 markers in between. All blood work is very good!!!

Disclaimer: I have a strange & busy job, that is why my diet is super stupid. Consistency is key for me!

My staple diet:

Meal 1
1 Bar Chocolate (100 gr)
Carrots

Meal 2
1 "Full Fat" Quark/ Cottage Cheese (sometimes: 5 Eggs scrambled)
Carrots

Meal 3
1 Bar Chocolate (100 gr)
Carrots

Meal 4 (before bed)

+ approx 30 grams of EAAs per day.

Thats approx 2200 to 2300 cal per day. With this I am losing weight. If I dont want to lose weight, I just drink more Coconut Water and Orange Juice throughout the day.

I switch between "normal Milk Chocolate" and "dark" Chocolate. If I use the dark one, I am more satisfied, but it does not taste that good....

Again two blood works in between and everything is more than great!!
FANTASTIC!! WHATS YOUR HEIGHT WEIGHT AND AGE! GREAT WORK!