Diet check

barbwirehouse

I adhere to this pretty closely with the exception of oysters, they're not everyday.

Are there any potential problems with this? I take gelatin with the muscle meat.

A2lzH6K.png

answersfound

Gelatin

nikotrope

I see lots of potential problems if I want to be strict. What do you want from your diet? If you want to lose weight, I would change a lot of things (low fat, low starch, high sugar, keeping proteins as they are). If you want your health to improve, you have to experiment on what food may potentially gives you problems.

OP
B

barbwirehouse

lookingforanswers said:

i take gelatin, cronometer doesnt have it in their database

nikotrope said:
I see lots of potential problems if I want to be strict. What do you want from your diet? If you want to lose weight, I would change a lot of things (low fat, low starch, high sugar, keeping proteins as they are). If you want your health to improve, you have to experiment on what food may potentially gives you problems.

I don't want to lose weight. I want to maintain or slightly gain as I'm lifting.

Like what problems?

nikotrope

2600kcal doesn't seem enough if you are lifting. I don't know your lean weight nor your height but I am small and don't have a lot of muscles and I needed more when I was lifting (either to gain or maintain, it is necessary to recover properly). And cronometer isn't really great at telling you how many calories you need.

Problems if they have additives: popcorn, jerky, ice cream, milk chocolate. I get that comfort foods are a delight, but if you search for potential problems then they are potential problems.

You eat too many PUFA.

I would avoid spinach and see if I feel fine without it.

OP
B

barbwirehouse

nikotrope said:
2600kcal doesn't seem enough if you are lifting. I don't know your lean weight nor your height but I am small and don't have a lot of muscles and I needed more when I was lifting (either to gain or maintain, it is necessary to recover properly). And cronometer isn't really great at telling you how many calories you need.

Problems if they have additives: popcorn, jerky, ice cream, milk chocolate. I get that comfort foods are a delight, but if you search for potential problems then they are potential problems.

You eat too many PUFA.

I would avoid spinach and see if I feel fine without it.

Ok, thanks for the advice. The spinach was for vit k. Ice cream has carrageen and milk chocolate has soya lethicin but I don't think they're that bad if it's just a bit. Popcorn has no additives as far as I can tell. Jerky does have some bad additives, haven't been eating it much lately.

paymanz

gelatin and where those 7 gram pufa come from?
try to keep that under 3-4 gram
also drinking tea for manganese , if you like tea.

tara

I can't remember if you are female or male. If you are male or lifting a lot this would probably be undereating.

I think the hard husks in popcorn may have the potential to by physically rough on the guts. I'm not recommending you avoid it unless you have reason to believe your digestive tract is struggling, just mention it since you ask for potential problems. Even without the husks, corn is hard on some people but in small quantities no big deal for many.

I'm pretty sure I found gelatin powder in cronometer?

OP
B

barbwirehouse

paymanz said:
gelatin and where those 7 gram pufa come from?
try to keep that under 3-4 gram
also drinking tea for manganese , if you like tea.

the pufa is from like, everything. everything just has a bit and it adds up.