Diet And Supplements To Help Heal Mercury Damaged Brain?

burtlancast

Andrew Cutler does not recommend ALA early, nor alone. Protocol is DMPS (ideally) or DMSA alone, for several months, then DMPS/DMSA + ALA, in the second stage, and each according to its half-life properties.

1.15: "And it turns out what you need to do is give ALA every 3 or 4 hours day and night for several days, skip, repeat a lot. You may choose to use DMPS or DMSA with it. That's optional. And you have to take some anti-oxidants."

Not only Cutler does advise to take ALA early, he mentions it as the first line of treatment, and advises DMSA or DMPS as a second line of chelators.

The same thing is written in his book pg 75.

Are you sure we're talking about the same Andrew Cutler ? ;)

Attachments

• Pages from Amalgam Illness, Diagnosis and Treatment Andrew Cutler .pdf
    949.7 KB · Views: 19

burtlancast

double post

Last edited:
OP
W

Whichway?

The Frequent Dose Chelation group which he used to moderate and post in recommended that for the first three months or more after removal of your amalgams to only take DMSA or DMPS only to help reduce the body burden of mercury. Then and only then after you had done several rounds with these were you supposed to add the ALA.

Andy was a divisive figure and seemed to engender cult like devotion in some people and disdain in others. He was very dismissive and churlish towards other people like Boyd Haley who is working on eramamide and Chris Shade who has liposomal supplements aimed at mercury removal, but this was the by-product of his firm belief that he had figured out the safest way of removing mercury, and didn’t want people experimenting on themselves and causing further harm.

It’s a very under researched area, and people are essentially groping in the dark on the best and least harmful way to remove the metal once it’s made it’s way into you, especially into your CNS.

burtlancast

The Frequent Dose Chelation group which he used to moderate and post in recommended that for the first three months or more after removal of your amalgams to only take DMSA or DMPS only to help reduce the body burden of mercury. Then and only then after you had done several rounds with these were you supposed to add the ALA.

I love it how people still attempt arguing the content of his protocol when the words coming out of his own mouth are crystal clear.

He said ALA right from the start of his protocol.
He printed it in his book pg 75.

What's there left to argue ?

Andy was a divisive figure and seemed to engender cult like devotion in some people and disdain in others.
this was the by-product of his firm belief that he had figured out the safest way of removing mercury, and didn’t want people experimenting on themselves and causing further harm.

Did people ever pause to ask themselves how he could be so sure to be right ?

He had absolutely no legal right to treat anyone and never did so.

He only treated one single patient in his life: himself.

Does that constitute sure proof relevant enough to contradict half a dozen licensed doctors who treated hundreds/thousands of mercury poisoned patients over entire decades ?

The guy was a straight lunatic/criminal who probably set backwards for 10 years in the minds of the public safe mercury chelation.

The medical cartel is endlessly putting out these infiltrators/frauds to decredibilise and confuse the less savvy public on important health topics.

Right now they are building up this Stephanie Seneff crazy woman to decredibilise MMS with her wild claims of chelating glyphosate out of the body.

Last edited:
OP
W

Whichway?

I love it how people still attempt arguing the content of his protocol when the words coming out of his own mouth are crystal clear.

He said ALA right from the start of his protocol.
He printed it in his book pg 75.

What's there left to argue ?

I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm quite open minded about the whole area. All I'm pointing out is that I own both of his books and yes you are correct in pointing out that on P75 in Amalgam Illness he said those things. The information on the Frequent Dose Chelation group which follows his protocol changed all his recommendations so that they DID NOT recommend ALA before doing several months of DMPS or DMSA alone. They also greatly reduced the dosages of chelators as Andy realised that the doses he had people starting out on produced too many symptoms and prevented people doing frequent and sufficient rounds. So the protocol and recommendations from Andy changed after he had written Amalgam Illness which you are quoting from.

Did people ever pause to ask themselves how he could be so sure to be right ?

He had absolutely no legal right to treat anyone and never did so.

He only treated one single patient in his life: himself.

Does that constitute sure proof relevant enough to contradict half a dozen licensed doctors who treated hundreds/thousands of mercury poisoned patients over entire decades ?

The guy was a straight lunatic/criminal who probably set backwards for 10 years in the minds of the public safe mercury chelation.

The medical cartel is endlessly putting out these infiltrators/frauds to decredibilise and confuse the less savvy public on important health topics.

Right now they are building up this Stephanie Seneff crazy woman to decredibilise MMS with her wild claims of chelating glyphosate out of the body.

As I said he was a polarising figure. Some bought into the legend. Many did not, but the groups that followed him didn't allow for a lot of questioning or deviation from his methods.

He died recently from a heart attack in his 60s, so either his supplement recommendations weren't thoroughly thought through, or he wasn't able to fully undo the damage mercury had done to his body. It does accumulate in the mitochondria of the heart so it can be very damaging to that tissue.

Do you have any ideas on which practitioners are good to follow in the area of heavy metals?
I don't like Mercola and Klinghardt's recommendations.
Dr Chris Shade I haven't been able to try his products due to the cost.
Boyd Haley's eramamide holds a lot of promise.
I am happy to read anything you suggest as my life has been significantly affected by mercury, and at 49 unless I can get it out of my CNS, so will the back end of whatever life I have remaining.

Last edited:

Peater Piper

There's no scientific studies backing up this claim, while there is articles proving it does not redistribute mercury to the brain in animals.
Does it necessarily need to redistribute to the brain to be dangerous? I can think of other places I wouldn't want mercury ending up.

I joined a Cutler Facebook group last year after a 20-year-old amalgam started to crack, and the dentist did an on the spot restoration (which meant drilling it out). I smelled and tasted metal for the next week and felt like I was dying. Once I started to feel better, I calmed down and thought better of doing anything drastic. Some of the things I read in the group are a little alarming. Even the tiniest speck of mercury supposedly sabotages the protocol. People not having success are told to get more x-rays to confirm there's no remaining specks. Hair tests are recommended, and every single test seemed to be positive, even when there was no source of mercury exposure, just symptoms. There's people who have been chelating for years and are still in bad shape. I also don't like Cutler's opinion on chronic Lyme, which he claims (or claimed, since he passed away) doesn't exist and that it's really just heavy metal toxicity. I take pause when a person tries to blame a majority of health conditions on one root cause. It's too much like searching for a magic bullet, which I don't believe exists.

burtlancast

The science behind chelation and mercury poisoning has been compiled and made easily understandable in a book written by a patient who came within inches of dying from her amalgam fillings but was fortunate to find the right scientist who saved her life.

Her name is Cambayrac: i've mentioned her in 5 separate threads: do a forum search.

Her book is available only in French or Spanish. But here's a rundown of the content: [Book] Truths about emerging diseases (heavy metals / mercury) - Françoise Cambayrac

As far as chelation itself, look for IBCMT or IAOMT organisations.

Or if you don't have the means, you can chelate yourself with oral DMPS capsules: i'm not sure right now about the dosages, but it's perfectly possible although a little longer than by IV.

burtlancast

I also don't like Cutler's opinion on chronic Lyme, which he claims (or claimed, since he passed away) doesn't exist and that it's really just heavy metal toxicity. I take pause when a person tries to blame a majority of health conditions on one root cause. It's too much like searching for a magic bullet, which I don't believe exists.

I came across Cutler sometimes around 2010: i looked for interviews to complement to his book, but there wasn't any at that time.

Then 4 years ago some YT videos started appearing: there's 6 of them right now with him in person talking.

And going through short extracts yesterday, it's very clear to me the guy was a straight crook from the very beginning: his arguments all fall in line with Quackwatch and mainstream medicine and attempt to minimize the deleterious effects of mercury.

A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

Last edited:

TeslaFan

In conclusion: sounds like DMPS is a good choice. We even have Andy Cutler and @burtlancast to not disagree on that point, which seems miraculous, after reading this thread :):

Anyways, I can attest from personal experience that oral DMPS felt safe and with minimal side effects. I did take it according to Cutler's protocol: a pill no more than 8 hours apart. After a completed weekly round, I did feel side effects of redistribution for a couple days, and the effects did start about 8 hour after the last pill. That made me concerned about DMPS injections. I can imagine how would that feel ~8 hours after. Anyways, never tried, and don't recommend that method of application.

burtlancast

In conclusion: sounds like DMPS is a good choice. We even have Andy Cutler and @burtlancast to not disagree on that point, which seems miraculous, after reading this thread :):

The rules of disinformation is 90% truth and 10% lies.

In this instance, the 10% lies can trigger degenerative illnesses or even send you 3 feet under.

I don't consider Cutler exactly as a friend, to say the least.

burtlancast

That made me concerned about DMPS injections. I can imagine how would that feel ~8 hours after. Anyways, never tried, and don't recommend that method of application.

A last thing.

Confronted with the video of Cutler himself, you have finally surrendered your claim of Cutler not advising ALA upfront: but you still cling to his other claim of DMPS injections being dangerous.

You might want to realize DMPS injections have been used for the last 60 years in Germany and other European countries as a safe and effective therapy for mercury poisoning, including IV provocation tests.

Notwithstanding what the FDA says in the USA.

(The same FDA allowing fluoride in the water supply and recombinant bovine growth hormones in the meat and milk of cows. Both forbidden by the EU.)

If as Cutler, FDA and Quackwatch all claim DMPS injections are dangerous, the scientific literature should be replete with reports of injuries and accidents, since this DMPS therapy has already been used extensively on thousands of patients.

There are none.

Feel free to point me to any such studies i would have missed.

Last edited:

TeslaFan

A last thing.

Confronted with the video of Cutler himself, you have finally surrendered your claim of Cutler not advising ALA upfront: but you still cling to his other claim of DMPS injections being dangerous.

You might want to realize DMPS injections have been used for the last 60 years in Germany and other European countries as a safe and effective therapy for mercury poisoning, including IV provocation tests.

Notwithstanding what the FDA says in the USA.

(The same FDA allowing fluoride in the water supply and recombinant bovine growth hormones in the meat and milk of cows. Both forbidden by the EU.)

If as Cutler, FDA and Quackwatch all claim DMPS injections are dangerous, the scientific literature should be replete with reports of injuries and accidents, since this DMPS therapy has already been used extensively on thousands of patients.

There are none.

Feel free to point me to any such studies i would have missed.

Were you in the business of DMPS injections, and it went down? I really don't care if you use DMPS injections and/or believe they are good. I shared my personal experience, and recommendations based upon, in hope it could be of use to this topic. I have no desire to convince you, or anyone else, of anything :):

burtlancast

I have no desire to convince you, or anyone else, of anything :):

Is that so ?

Thus, you're going to stop referencing Dmpsbackfire.com then ?

Good.

PhillipK

The best non-aggressive methods for cleaning heavy metals from the body are negative ions. Mercury is positively charged heavy metal so that negative ions bind them and slowly eject them from the body. Take a clay baths or swim in oceans or mountain rivers occasionally.

Positive experience:
My neighbor had a high level of mercury. After 2 weeks of swimming in the sea, his mercury level was reduced by about 11%. Further, he continued to take clay baths 2 - 3 times a week and drink liquid activated clay occasionally. After 3 months of using clay, his mercury level dropped 35% overall.

At home, it is best to take a clay baths and drink liquid activated clay. See instructions how to prepare clay bath or liquid activated clay on android app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ascom.as.glina
or
My Site
This application is specialized, I think it gives the most correct instruction for using clay.

Swim in unpolluted clean (mountain) rivers or oceans:
Why Negative Ions Have a Positive Effect on the Human Body - AirTamer
or
The Power of Negative Ions & the Beach

Also, my research on this topic says that coriander (Coriandrum sativum, cilantro) is one that successfully removes mercury from the body, with no negative effects, too.

I hope this experience will help someone.
Best Regards

P.S. Since I am new to this forum and this is my first post, I will ask the admin to let me know if I have made any omissions against the rules of this forum. My wish is to help anyone.

tommyg130

You're not screwed since obviously you still have all your faculties and you're not afflicted with a degenerative illness.

You'll slowly improve over time with the right treatment.

People who really get screwed are those genetically unable to excrete well mercury, and who attempt amalgam removal without prealable DMPS chelation, which can be life-threatening.
Hi, what is prelable DMPS chelation. I have about a dozen mercury fillings. A couple with more filling then tooth. scheduled to get them removed in a week. Is there something I should do prior to removal ? Or after removal as well .. thank you ?? . My symptoms are severe. Distorted reality , sensitivity to light , mood and emotions all over the place

burtlancast

Hi, what is prelable DMPS chelation. I have about a dozen mercury fillings. A couple with more filling then tooth. scheduled to get them removed in a week. Is there something I should do prior to removal ? Or after removal as well .. thank you ?? . My symptoms are severe. Distorted reality , sensitivity to light , mood and emotions all over the place
Firstly,
Be careful with what you replace the mercury amalgams with; composites will eventually kill the nerve if too close to the pulp and you'll then need a root canal procedure, which practically equals losing definitely the tooth down the road.
Use ceramics instead if you can afford it.

Secondly,
never remove more than 1 amalgam at a time and use protection if possible

thirdly,
try reading (or translating) the Cambayrac book i referenced here earlier; it's mandatory for people with a lot of amalgams

Lampshard

I think two very safe things to do would be finding a good ice cream brand without gums, carrageenan, and consuming large amounts of it daily (seems to help old people with Alzheimer which mirrors or often is caused by mercury exposure) and taking coconut oil as per Peat's recommendation, I've heard of a few stories of people who had problems related to mercury sharply improve after a few months of coconut oil. Good luck bro

Liam311

Make sure the removal procedure is done correctly with a drill that 'knocks' the amalgam out rather than drilling away, rubber dam, good suction etc.

I'd recommend Epsom salt baths before and after.

Do what you can to ensure detoxification pathways are good.

S.Holmes

More information about glutathione and mercury:

-Mercury lowers glutathione levels in the body:

As a result of the binding of mercury to glutathione and the subsequent elimination of intracellular glutathione, levels of reduced glutathione are lowered in several specific types of cells on exposure to all forms of mercury.
Glial cells,27 human erythrocytes,28 and mammalian renal tissue24 have all been found to have significantly lowered levels of reduced glutathione, a major source of oxidant protection.

Mercury, as well as cadmium, generates highly toxic hydroxyl radicals from the
breakdown of hydrogen peroxide, which further deplete glutathione stores.27

- Glutathione depletion leads to neurological damage:

There is evidence that glutathione depletion can lead to neurological damage; low levels of glutathione have been found in Parkinson’s disease and cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury.29

- Three roles of glutathione against mercury toxicity:

Glutathione, as both a carrier of mercury and an antioxidant, has three specific roles in protecting the body from mercury toxicity.

1. Inactivation by direct binding:
First, glutathione, specifically binding with methylmercury, forms a complex that prevents mercury from binding to cellular proteins and causing damage to both enzymes and tissue.30 Glutathione-mercury complexes also reduce intracellular damage by preventing mercury from entering tissue cells and becoming an intracellular toxin.

2. Elimination from the body:
Second, glutathione-mercury complexes have been found in the liver, kidney, and brain, and appear to be the primary form in which mercury is transported and eliminated from the body.24
The transport mechanism is unclear, but complexes of glutathione and mercury are the predominant form of mercury in both the bile and the urine.31

Glutathione and cysteine, acting as carriers of mercury, actually appear to control the rate of mercury efflux into bile; the rate of mercury secretion in bile appears to be independent of actual bile flow. When bile flow rate is increased or decreased, the content of mercury in the bile changes inversely so net mercury efflux from the liver remains unchanged.32
However, increasing bile levels of both glutathione and cysteine increases the biliary secretion of methylmercury in rats.13 Other studies have confirmed this data in animal models.33-35

Conversely, glutathione depletion inhibits biliary secretion of methylmercury in animal models and blocking glutathione production appears to shut down biliary release of mercury.35

Cells of the blood-brain barrier (brain capillary endothelial cells) release mercury in a glutathione complex. Inhibiting glutathione production in these cells inhibits their ability to release mercury. 23 Mercury accumulates in the central nervous system primarily in astrocytes, the cells that provide the first line of defense for the central nervous system against toxic compounds.36 Astrocytes are the first cells in brain tissue to encounter metals crossing the blood-brain barrier. They also contain high levels of metallothionein and glutathione, both carriers for heavy metals. It is hypothesized that astrocytes are the main depot of mercury in the brain.37
In studies with astrocytes, the addition of glutathione, glutathione stimulators, or glutathione precursors significantly enhances the release of mercury from these cells in a complex with glutathione. Fujiyama et al38 also suggest that conjugation with glutathione is the major pathway for mercury efflux from astrocytes.

Glutathione also increases mercury elimination from renal tissue. Studies in mammalian renal cells reveal glutathione is 50 percent as effective as the chelating agent DMSA (2,3-dimercaptosuccinic acid) in preventing inorganic mercury accumulation in renal cells.39

3. Direct protection against the toxic effects (oxidation) of mercury
Third, glutathione increases the antioxidant capacity of the cell, providing a defense against hydrogen peroxide, singlet oxygen, hydroxyl radicals, and lipid peroxides produced by mercury.30
The addition of glutathione to cell cultures exposed to methylmercury also prevented the reduction of cellular levels of glutathione peroxidase, a crucial antioxidant enzyme necessary for protection against the damaging effects of lipid peroxidation.30

As an antioxidant, glutathione appears to protect against renal damage resulting from inorganic mercury toxicity. The co-incubation of rat renal cells with glutathione and inorganic mercury was significantly more protective of renal cell injury when compared to inorganic mercury exposure alone.40

Antioxidant levels – specifically glutathione, vitamin E, and ascorbic acid – are depleted in renal tissue exposed to mercuric chloride (inorganic mercury), and the addition of glutathione increased levels of both vitamin E and ascorbic acid in renal cells exposed to mercuric chloride.24

And lastly:
Mammalian cell lines resistant to mercury toxicity have been cloned.41 They do not readily accumulate mercury and are resistant to the toxic effects of methylmercury or inorganic mercury.

An outstanding characteristic of this cell line is that glutathione levels are five times greater in these cells than the parent cells from which they originated.
The authors of this study conclude that the mechanisms of resistance were primarily due to glutathione’s ability to facilitate mercury efflux from cells and the protective binding of mercury by glutathione to prevent cellular damage.

So, if i had mercury toxicity like you, i would do everything to boost my endogenous glutathione levels with garlic and other supplements.

(as opposed to direct glutathione supplementation)
Would you be able to recommend a DMPS protocol? I've unsuccesfully scoured the internet for hours.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals