Diet and spirituality

cutthroatlew

I'm interested to hear about the way people's diet contributes to their spiritual worldview/practice. Many Peat-enthusiasts, of course, are drawn to William Blake.

I have always loved animals. I grew up in the countryside with one parent who was always busy, so I didn't have many opportunities to see friends. My dog was my best friend for most of my childhood, I spent every day wandering through the woods with him. Some of my earliest agnostic episodes came from doubting my faith as a young boy because my church taught that only humans had souls and I was blown away by the thought that my dog was anything less than myself. As I got older and started making my own decisions about my lifestyle, I was strict about only consuming animal products from animals who had lived healthy lives with good diets and space to move around and be happy. It feels like some sort of spiritual energy transfer to consume their flesh, and miserable, enslaved, caged animals pass on their anxieties, fear, etc.

Please do share your own thoughts!

Attachments

• 9367-flickr-faunggs-photos.jpg
    9367-flickr-faunggs-photos.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 14
I felt the same way about my furry little daughter. She was "Auntie Meme" to our grandson and was my son's little sister. She passed away at 13+ years, a couple of months ago, and it has been a deep loss to us. I have written about the same, eating meat how their energy transfers. Before meat markets, animals were hunted while the animal was happily eating grass, and eaten quickly. There is no telling the pshycological effects that eating, cheap meats especially, cause.

"In 1957 James McConnell discovered that when flatworms were fed other flatworms that had been trained, their performance was improved by 50%, compared with normal flatworms. Later, similar experiments were done with rats and fish, showing that tissue extracts from trained animals modified the behavior of the untrained animals so that it approximated that of the trained animals. Georges Ungar, who did many experiments with higher animals, demonstrated changes in brain RNA associated with learning, and he and McConnell believed that proteins and peptides were likely to be the type of substance that transmitted the learning." -Ray Peat

Donttreadonme

I felt fantastic when I was mostly a vegetarian.... But it was detrimental to muscle and I had to end that lifestyle.

I felt fantastic when I was mostly a vegetarian.... But it was detrimental to muscle and I had to end that lifestyle.

Me too! I never had cellulite until I went vegetarian. Fortunately "Peating" has remedied most of that. It was fun though eating all those grains, beans and pastas!

TheSir

"In 1957 James McConnell discovered that when flatworms were fed other flatworms that had been trained, their performance was improved by 50%, compared with normal flatworms. Later, similar experiments were done with rats and fish, showing that tissue extracts from trained animals modified the behavior of the untrained animals so that it approximated that of the trained animals. Georges Ungar, who did many experiments with higher animals, demonstrated changes in brain RNA associated with learning, and he and McConnell believed that proteins and peptides were likely to be the type of substance that transmitted the learning." -Ray Peat
Communists: we should eat the rich.
Peatarians: we should eat the fit.

B

BRBsavinWorld

I'm interested to hear about the way people's diet contributes to their spiritual worldview/practice. Many Peat-enthusiasts, of course, are drawn to William Blake.

I have always loved animals. I grew up in the countryside with one parent who was always busy, so I didn't have many opportunities to see friends. My dog was my best friend for most of my childhood, I spent every day wandering through the woods with him. Some of my earliest agnostic episodes came from doubting my faith as a young boy because my church taught that only humans had souls and I was blown away by the thought that my dog was anything less than myself. As I got older and started making my own decisions about my lifestyle, I was strict about only consuming animal products from animals who had lived healthy lives with good diets and space to move around and be happy. It feels like some sort of spiritual energy transfer to consume their flesh, and miserable, enslaved, caged animals pass on their anxieties, fear, etc.

Please do share your own thoughts!
FWIW, the prophets who I listen to (who hold standard beliefs of biblical doctrine), explain that an animal you loved or blessed (like a game kill you pray and give thanks for), will be part of your reward in Heaven, because God loves his children so much, He wants to show them the depths of His kindness and compassion. Before the fall, animals were friends; they spoke, and they were only lesser in the since that, they are not the same as humans (made in God's image).
God says He cares when a single sparrow dies; He also says that whatever we bind or loose on earth, is bound or loosed in heaven.
There is actually nothing biblically saying Our Animals can't be in Heaven with us!

How good, how deep, how wide, is His love for us, that He wouldn't also do something so much more insignificant than dying for us??? The bliss and delight of the Lord has, unfortunately, been missed by the church for the last few hundred years :(

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals