Diet advice for many calories for very active people that can’t eat a lot.

Motif

I started skating again pretty much daily and it’s so much fun, but in a few weeks I lost some weight and I’m super skinny anyway.

any advices for lots of calories preferably liquid or maybe mashed stuff?

Sefton10

Whole milk with honey or maple syrup. Ice cream. Milkshakes.

golder

Anyone know any high calories weight gaining food that isn't dairy? Cant currently digest it well due to poor metabolism. Thanks!

Sefton10

Anyone know any high calories weight gaining food that isn't dairy? Cant currently digest it well due to poor metabolism. Thanks!
Dates and other dried fruit, coconut milk/cream, fatty meat, chocolate, starch with fat.

OP
M

Motif

Most of that stuff is problematic for me unfortunately.

dried fruits - too much of it (which would be needed for calories ) and my skin flares up. Same for milk and chocolate. Coconut milk tastes disgusting. Maybe I should mix it with something ??‍♂️

Sefton10

Most of that stuff is problematic for me unfortunately.

dried fruits - too much of it (which would be needed for calories ) and my skin flares up. Same for milk and chocolate. Coconut milk tastes disgusting. Maybe I should mix it with something ??‍♂️
Goes well in a smoothie. Maybe cocoa butter instead of chocolate. Have you tried A2 dairy (goat milk, Jersey milk)?

Zoiros

For liquids, try mixing frozen concentrated juice with regular juice. It's more energizing than just adding sugar due to the extra micronutrients.

All cooking should be done with lard. Try raw milk too.

OP
M

Motif

Is it ok to drink up to two liters of juice while doing Sport and sweating, or is it an issue without protein ?

i really loss weight doing this unfortunately and I was too skinny before this too. Just don’t can eat much and my digestion sucks.
It’s a bit better with bitters, but still way too bad

OP
M

Motif

Crazy. I’m still getting too skinny and in my opinion I eat more than before.

Ben.

Motif,

have you tried testing your upper abdomen for painful spots? Do you have muscle tightness or muscle pain on the right side of your spine/shoulderblade? (rhomboid pain or issues with evator scapulae?)

I have chronic low copper too and many experiments allowed me to pinpoint it down to the galllbladder/liver (that doesnt have to mean you have the same issue)
Lost tons of weight when all of it started and i can't gain much weight either since then while simultanously being always close to malnutrition regardless of food quantity which is obviously a assimilation issue.

Lie down on your back, take some fingers and gently but with good pressure press them into your upper abdomen right underneath the right rips (parallel downwards to your right nipple).

If things are fine for you in general tho, i guess eating lots of white rice with ground beef like in the stefan eerdings vertical diet (or use potatoes). Other than that the usual fruit juice stuff and milk.

Personally i just came to the conclusion if the underlying issue is not resolved, eating tons of food for weight gain/size makes things just so much worse. had to learn that the hard way.

Last edited:

Ben.

Oxbile combined with enzymes for supplementation with each big meal should help you make use of the food and assimilate it (altough if this helps/works it would just again indicate some issue with the organs). Might want to try that for 2-3 weeks.

OP
M

Motif

@Ben.

i do have Gilbert syndrome , bad fat digestion and I guess low stomach acid (no idea how to be sure I have this though) and chronically tight muscles on my whole body.

@Ben. what have you tried and what worked and what not? What are you doing right now and were you able to get your copper levels up ? What are your symptoms?

Last edited:

Ben.

@Ben.

i do have Gilbert syndrome , bad fat digestion and I guess low stomach acid (no idea how to be sure I have this though) and chronically tight muscles on my whole body.

@Ben. what have you tried and what worked and what not? What are you doing right now and were you able to get your copper levels up ? What are your symptoms?

I do not have such a diagnosis myself and i stopped checking copper levels because no amount of liver and chocolate or supplementation brought it up. Its obvious to me that not the copper itself is the issue but something else. Most health issues very rarely lie in single nutrients.

I guess in the case of gilbert syndrome (altough i am no expert) fresh juices would be something i'd use in that case to increase calories. Obviously you need to judge on your own if its doing you any good, if not, discontinue/stop it.

But i have to insist you still check the area i mentioned above or someonwhere else in your abdomen wether it is painful or not so we can make better decisions for further endevours. Also try to see if muscles on your back or neck relax when you investigate your abdomen. Be mindfull and observative and take your time doing it. It might be a dead-end but i'd still explore this just for the sake of ruling it out and having tried everything we can think off.
All muscles being tight sounds like a serious nervous system issue that can stem from either a damaged organ, infection or a postural issue (impingement) if i were to guess.

I personally have tried so many things, supplemental, lifestyle, dietary. It would be to long to list. I just found certain things helping me out big time and causing big relief, atleast short term which all indicate and point towards that area of my body. At the moment im testing how the raw carrot salad with salt and olive oil, high vitamin c (food derived supplement) in combination with fruit juice (apple or orange) works for me along adjusting my atlas and axis a couple of times per day in combination with making my thoracis spine mobile again. Sounds very simplistic but it seems to do me well thus far. I#ve other stuff planned too like chanca piadra tea, d-limonene/peppermint oil in eteric coating or febendazole combined with vitamin E not sure entirely yet, im not completly done testing liver flushes/epsom salts.
BUT THIS IS ME, i am not saying you should do that too. You most likely should not do what i do but listen to what your intuition/gut tells you.
Thats why i want you to explore your abdomen my friend ...

OP
M

Motif

I do not have such a diagnosis myself and i stopped checking copper levels because no amount of liver and chocolate or supplementation brought it up. Its obvious to me that not the copper itself is the issue but something else. Most health issues very rarely lie in single nutrients.

I guess in the case of gilbert syndrome (altough i am no expert) fresh juices would be something i'd use in that case to increase calories. Obviously you need to judge on your own if its doing you any good, if not, discontinue/stop it.

But i have to insist you still check the area i mentioned above or someonwhere else in your abdomen wether it is painful or not so we can make better decisions for further endevours. Also try to see if muscles on your back or neck relax when you investigate your abdomen. Be mindfull and observative and take your time doing it. It might be a dead-end but i'd still explore this just for the sake of ruling it out and having tried everything we can think off.
All muscles being tight sounds like a serious nervous system issue that can stem from either a damaged organ, infection or a postural issue (impingement) if i were to guess.

I personally have tried so many things, supplemental, lifestyle, dietary. It would be to long to list. I just found certain things helping me out big time and causing big relief, atleast short term which all indicate and point towards that area of my body. At the moment im testing how the raw carrot salad with salt and olive oil, high vitamin c (food derived supplement) in combination with fruit juice (apple or orange) works for me along adjusting my atlas and axis a couple of times per day in combination with making my thoracis spine mobile again. Sounds very simplistic but it seems to do me well thus far. I#ve other stuff planned too like chanca piadra tea, d-limonene/peppermint oil in eteric coating or febendazole combined with vitamin E not sure entirely yet, im not completly done testing liver flushes/epsom salts.
BUT THIS IS ME, i am not saying you should do that too. You most likely should not do what i do but listen to what your intuition/gut tells you.
Thats why i want you to explore your abdomen my friend ...
I’ll check my upper abdominal. Not sure if doing right. What if there’s tense points?

Ben.

I’ll check my upper abdominal. Not sure if doing right. What if there’s tense points?

You stay on ur back, keep the pressure on that spot up so long until it relaxes. Try to breath while holding pressure and calm yourself. If doing this once a day for a week or two and the spots still remain then something is off and may indicate an issue with a organ or posture. Feel free to explore your entire belly, just dont push to hard into painful spots, it should be tolerable and mindful.

Try to gauge what happense when you press into them and breathing. Anything moving? Any pain or relaxation in your hips, legs or back? Try to feel how these spots are connected with the rest of your body, it may lead you to other parts in your body that you didn't even know had problems to begin with. It could be that your neck is cracking, your ears or feet get warm, legs contracting spontanously, the sternocleidomastoid muscle or some back muscles suddenly relax completely.

Maybe these videos are helpful in trying to explain better what i want to say (try to ignore the spiritualor dietary stuff in thoose vids if possible)

View: https://youtu.be/TNKrnw1KhQc?t=196

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzzTNlJqCW0

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

You stay on ur back, keep the pressure on that spot up so long until it relaxes. Try to breath while holding pressure and calm yourself. If doing this once a day for a week or two and the spots still remain then something is off and may indicate an issue with a organ or posture. Feel free to explore your entire belly, just dont push to hard into painful spots, it should be tolerable and mindful.

Try to gauge what happense when you press into them and breathing. Anything moving? Any pain or relaxation in your hips, legs or back? Try to feel how these spots are connected with the rest of your body, it may lead you to other parts in your body that you didn't even know had problems to begin with. It could be that your neck is cracking, your ears or feet get warm, legs contracting spontanously, the sternocleidomastoid muscle or some back muscles suddenly relax completely.

Maybe these videos are helpful in trying to explain better what i want to say (try to ignore the spiritualor dietary stuff in thoose vids if possible)

View: https://youtu.be/TNKrnw1KhQc?t=196

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzzTNlJqCW0

Thanks!

OP
M

Motif

Over the last days I get crazy restless sometimes.
I don’t really know if it’s connected to being that active. Maybe I need more minerals ? Maybe I’m hydradted slightly ?
what do you guys think could cause this ?