Did you noticed thyroid meds absorbtion problem taken with milk?

FitnessMike

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

mostlylurking

Yes. I had a big problem with milk blocking my thyroid medication during the time my thiamine function was blocked in 2021. I did not have a problem with milk blocking my thyroid med before I developed the crisis with blocked thiamine function via taking Bactrim antibiotic. I take Acella brand NP Thyroid, a natural desiccated thyroid prescription. I've taken this brand since February 2015. The milk/thyroid med issue started fall of 2021. I changed my routine and now drink milk at least 1 hour after taking the thyroid med.

I don't know why the blocked thiamine function messed with my thyroid med issues. The other thing that happened is that during this same time my T3 got alarmingly high while I experienced hypothyroid symptoms. The doctor lowered my thyroid med dose by about 25% and I increased my dose of thiamine hcl up to 2 grams/day and got straightened out after a few months.

I still avoid milk for an hour after taking my thyroid med. You can find information about milk blocking thyroid medications if you search for "milk and levothyroxine". Here's one:
Concurrent Milk Ingestion Decreases Absorption of Levothyroxine - PubMed I don't take the synthetic T4 product; I take natural desiccated thyroid and had the problem.

Lollipop2

No I haven’t noticed at all. Take Tyromax at breakfast and lunch with milk at both meals: breakfast in coffee and lunch I drink milk with lunch. Everything is steady.