Did You Gain Or Lose Weight After Converting To Peat?

Gained or Lost

• Gained: Mostly Fat

• Gained: Mostly Lean Mass

• Gained: Mostly Water

• No Change

• Lost: Mostly Fat

• Lost: Mostly Lean Mass

• Lost: Mostly Water

Results are only viewable after voting.

baccheion

I'm mainly wondering about those that didn't come from keto, paleo, low-carb, etc..

More details would help. How much did you gain? Where? Did it eventually go away? How long? What did/does you Peat diet look like? And anything else you think is relevant.

Mauritio

I gained weight . And I see that it's almost 100% correlated with what's going on in my gut and only Marginally with what I eat .
For example I loose weight on nystatin or certain probiotics .
But I gain weight if i eat pure sugar, possibly because it feeds the wrong bacteria in my gut .

OP
B

baccheion

Gained weight, about 30-40 lbs. Didn't go away until I stopped eating so many carbs and sugars.
Fat gain? What were your macros? Overall calories above maintenance? What sorts of food did you eat?

Last edited:

berk

weight....
what do you mean with weight?
Muscle? water? fat? poop? be specific!

Such_Umami

I gained about ten lbs in the first 6 months. Most of it was from water and muscle. Even though I ate enough carbs, I was on a very low salt diet. A lot of people have commented on my gain in a positive way, asking whether I goto the gym etc.

OP
B

baccheion

I gained about ten lbs in the first 6 months. Most of it was from water and muscle. Even though I ate enough carbs, I was on a very low salt diet. A lot of people have commented on my gain in a positive way, asking whether I goto the gym etc.
Any before/after pics?

lampofred

Gained at first because I used whole milk and flooded my food in butter but lost it all after using moderate amounts of coconut oil instead and 1% milk. I've been losing even more weight recently after starting to use vitamin D.

Such_Umami

Gained at first because I used whole milk and flooded my food in butter but lost it all after using moderate amounts of coconut oil instead and 1% milk.

I found too much fat turned to estrogen. Now I keep to about 25% of my calories from fat at most. I seemed to be a lot more emotional on a high fat diet, what were your experiences?

lampofred

How many calories?

I don't track but my appetite hasn't really changed over time. I don't eat a lot though (like 3500-4000 calories sometimes mentioned on here), the few times I tracked it was around 2000-2500.

OP
B

baccheion

I don't track but my appetite hasn't really changed over time. I don't eat a lot though (like 3500-4000 calories sometimes mentioned on here), the few times I tracked it was around 2000-2500.
Calories comprised of what? Are you sedentary, lightly active, very active? How many calories when you gained? What percent as fat? Any labs run?

lampofred

I found too much fat turned to estrogen. Now I keep to about 25% of my calories from fat at most. I seemed to be a lot more emotional on a high fat diet, what were your experiences?

Dairy fat is high in estrogen (even though it's high in progesterone too) and it had some weird effects on me sexually and in terms of cognitive function in the quantities that I was drinking it. I think the estrogen made me dumber but the progesterone made me want to be extremely honest.

I had to drink whole milk at first because my metabolism wasn't good enough initially to handle the higher calcium influx from low fat milk but it seems like I can handle the calcium now.

lampofred

Calories comprised of what? Are you sedentary, lightly active, very active? How many calories when you gained? What percent as fat? Any labs run?

Mostly juice, cheese, eggs, potatoes, milk, occasionally rice and oysters. Lightly active, I walk about 20-30 minutes a day but I don't lift. I ate the same things in the same quantities when I gained but just more calories from fat (whole milk instead of low fat milk, full fat cheese instead of low fat cheese, etc., lots of butter when cooking instead of small amounts of ghee and coconut oil). I used to eat out a bit more when I gained (now I usually just get coke or coffee whenever I'm out) but I pretty much always got food cooked with SFA or olive oil and not PUFA.

I do have labs but what metrics do you need?

OP
B

baccheion

Mostly juice, cheese, eggs, potatoes, milk, occasionally rice and oysters. Lightly active, I walk about 20-30 minutes a day but I don't lift. I ate the same things in the same quantities when I gained but just more calories from fat (whole milk instead of low fat milk, full fat cheese instead of low fat cheese, etc., lots of butter instead of small amounts of ghee and coconut oil). I used to eat out a bit more when I gained (now I usually just get coke or coffee whenever I'm out) but I pretty much always got food cooked with SFA or olive oil and not PUFA.

Labs for what metrics?
What's the before/after percent fat? How much protein? Labs measuring lipids, hormones, thyroid, cortisol, etc.

OP
B

baccheion

I only gain if I eat starch, I can eat sugar liberally and my body will burn through all of it.
Is it water, muscle, or fat gain? Is it due to issues processing starches? Any genetic testing? What would cause someone to have the opposite experience?

lampofred

What's the before/after percent fat? How much protein? Labs measuring lipids, hormones, thyroid, cortisol, etc.

I don't know % but I was 175 when eating high fat and I'm 155 now (pretty low for a male but I have a slender body type) and my muscle tone hasn't really changed. I did suddenly lose 10 pounds after I moved into a high radiation area but I gained it back after I acclimated to the radiation with methylene blue, coffee, anti-nitric oxide things, so I don't think that's the primary cause for my weight loss. Around 60-90 grams of protein. I have low hormones in general, low-normal cholesterol, low-normal test, low-normal TSH, low-normal T3/T4, never got cortisol tested but it's probably low since I have fatigue. None of these metrics really changed as I lost weight except my fasting blood glucose which dropped (probably because of regular coffee, aspirin, calcium, vitamin K intake, and it's probably lower now since starting vitamin D).

I started RP hoping to cure hair loss, which thankfully is cured and the mild loss I had is reversed, but I'm still hypo/low energy and just taking a thyroid supplement isn't fixing it. Interestingly being fat seems to have no negative effects on hair quality, when I was 175 and currently at 155 my hair quality is the same.

Last edited: