Did You Ever Resolve Balanitis

I have a relative with this problem. I don't know details but he's struggled with it for a few years.

A bunch of searching on the web reveals that some men just can't get rid of this thing.

Did you ever have this, resolve it, do you have any suggestions? Thanks

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Most likely, acidosis. Same thing that causes heartburn and vertigo.

I have a relative with this problem. I don't know details but he's struggled with it for a few years.

A bunch of searching on the web reveals that some men just can't get rid of this thing.

Did you ever have this, resolve it, do you have any suggestions? Thanks

I dont know anything,but i looked it up and it is associated with Th17-IL17 Pathology.
There is an understanding that an excess of salt which gets easily accrued by around 30% of the populace
polarizes "naive" Th-cells (T helper) to Th17 phenotype.A lot of mystery-diseases have Th17 pathology in common,
and around 10 to20% of the populace of advanced western societies have inflammatory conditions of unknown origin.
i would avoid NaCl to a dosage of no more than 2-3g a day from all sources.Good Luck.

Implications of Th1 and Th17 cells in pathogenesis of oral lichen planus

Expression of Foxp3 and interleukin-17 in lichen planus lesions with emphasis on difference in oral and cutaneous variants

Arch Dermatol Res. 2014 Jul;306(5):441-6. doi: 10.1007/s00403-013-1429-3. Epub 2013 Nov 29.
Expression of Foxp3 and interleukin-17 in lichen planus lesions with emphasis on difference in oral and cutaneous variants.
Shen Z1, Gao X, Ma L, Zhou Z, Shen X, Liu W.
Author information
Department of Dermatology, Ninth People's Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, 639 Zhizaoju Road, Shanghai, 200011, China.
Abstract
Foxp3 is a specific marker for regulatory T cells (Tregs), and interleukin (IL)-17 is the signature cytokine of T-helper (Th) 17 cells. Recent studies suggested that Foxp3+ Tregs and IL-17+ Th17 cells may be involved in pathogenesis of lichen planus (LP). The objectives of this study were to examine the immunoexpression of Foxp3 and IL-17 in archival paraffin-embedded biopsy specimens from 80 cases of LP (oral LP, n = 42; cutaneous LP, n = 38) and compare against normal control tissues (oral mucosa, n = 10; skin, n = 10). The results showed that the mean number of Foxp3 and IL-17 expression in LP was significantly higher compared to controls, respectively (both P < 0.001). A positive correlation between Foxp3 and IL-17 expression (r = 0.273; P = 0.014) was observed. Moreover, the mean number of Foxp3 expression in oral LP was significantly higher than cutaneous LP (P < 0.001). Collectively, our findings demonstrated the increased expression of Foxp3 and IL-17 in LP lesions including oral and cutaneous variants. Foxp3 expressing in oral LP was higher than cutaneous LP, which may be associated with the difference in clinical behaviour of the two variants of the disease. Further studies are required to investigate the immunopathologic mechanisms and therapeutic target of Foxp3+ Tregs and IL-17+ Th17 cells in LP.