Did you ever get an itchy scalp and subsequent gradual hair lose as a result of hypothyroidism?

FitnessMike

Over the past years, I have been having an itchy scalp in one area of my head (left temple) and slow but gradual hair loss in this area. It did get better with taurine and other stress-reducting components, but it never entirely went away (still sorting metabolism).

Any ideas on how to quench the itchiness?

Over the past years, I have been having an itchy scalp in one area of my head (left temple) and slow but gradual hair loss in this area. It did get better with taurine and other stress-reducting components, but it never entirely went away (still sorting metabolism).

Any ideas on how to quench the itchiness?
I have similar symptoms, but mine is more widespread-basically my hair comes out in clusters from areas the opposite of male pattern baldness.
I'm not sure if it is hypothyroid, as I haven't tested myself. I dont have the symptoms.
one thing that helped me for awhile was nizoral antifungal shampoo. leading me to think it may be a yeast problem (nizoral may also be an antiandrogen, which is concerning. I dont know if it is systemically absorbed). but that has stopped working more recently-maybe the bug had adapted.
one thing that looks promising is the usual suspects used to treat so called undermethylation. I started riboflavin, betaine hcl, and upped choline 2 days ago.

so, too early to tell if it cuts down shedding but I will say the itching is better.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

yea our cases seem to be different, peoples here suggest apple cider vinegar so ill try it before bed for a while and see if it helps, but I'm definitely sure it has to do something with hypothyroidism - in my case I mean.

L_C

Do you have itchy scalp/hair loss all the time or only after certain foods?

I experienced similar condition. In my case it was gut inflammation, especially after eating probiotic reach foods like yogurt.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Yes I did and so have many others on this forum.
did you find a solution? i mean bandaid for until metabolism is sorted

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Do you have itchy scalp/hair loss all the time or only after certain foods?

I experienced similar condition. In my case it was gut inflammation, especially after eating probiotic reach foods like yogurt.
i doubt its due to foods, i remember it started ever since i started being severely hypo

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals