Did raising metabolism make you more emotionally sensitive and aware of emotionally abusive people?

johnwester130

As I became healthier and more aware of myself and my body, I also became more aware of other people's behaviour and their emotional insecurities.

Just little things like detecting their anger, frustration and reading between the lines of what they were saying.

In my own life,
I am now aware when I cross someone's boundaries, maybe I smell bad, interrupt them, play music too loudly, upset them, do something wrong, frustrate them,
invade someone's space accidentally, then I become aware of the behaviour, and then I can adjust it.

Did raising my metabolism make me like this, or did I develop it naturally?

catharsis

I have noticed this too and I think it can be due to two reasons:

1. When your metabolism is higher, nerves conduct faster (higher NAD+) and thus allow you to think more quickly. You can come to conclusions faster or you can interpret more data at once. As a result, you are more perceptive of other people and yourself (metacognition). It's probably related to neurodevelopment and you can say that a higher metabolism puts you in a more differentiated or developed state.

2. When the ETC and the citric acid cycle are functioning very quickly, the EMF field generated by the mitochondria (and thus the body) becomes larger and stronger. This could extend your perceptive abilities and maybe your more intuitive, non-verbal intelligence. You can feel other people's EMF field more acutely (because of the contrast of your own?)

I wonder what other people have seen with their experience. I have definitely become more perceptive as I have worked on my health (often to my detriment).

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

I have noticed this too and I think it can be due to two reasons:

1. When your metabolism is higher, nerves conduct faster (higher NAD+) and thus allow you to think more quickly. You can come to conclusions faster or you can interpret more data at once. As a result, you are more perceptive of other people and yourself (metacognition). It's probably related to neurodevelopment and you can say that a higher metabolism puts you in a more differentiated or developed state.

2. When the ETC and the citric acid cycle are functioning very quickly, the EMF field generated by the mitochondria (and thus the body) becomes larger and stronger. This could extend your perceptive abilities and maybe your more intuitive, non-verbal intelligence. You can feel other people's EMF field more acutely (because of the contrast of your own?)

I wonder what other people have seen with their experience. I have definitely become more perceptive as I have worked on my health (often to my detriment).

thank you

liber1

As I became healthier and more aware of myself and my body, I also became more aware of other people's behaviour and their emotional insecurities.

Just little things like detecting their anger, frustration and reading between the lines of what they were saying.

In my own life,
I am now aware when I cross someone's boundaries, maybe I smell bad, interrupt them, play music too loudly, upset them, do something wrong, frustrate them,
invade someone's space accidentally, then I become aware of the behaviour, and then I can adjust it.

Did raising my metabolism make me like this, or did I develop it naturally?
I’ve also noticed this. I think I was always a reserved and perceptive youth. I preferred to sit back and feel the situation out. I think that improving metabolism might be improving everything about you, including any natural abilities you were born with. It’s definitely easier for me to be nicer to others and more forgiving to myself when I’m physically healthier.

artist

It probably depends on what direction you needed to go but in my case improving my health and raising my metabolism (measured, and symptomatically) has imo helped me be less hypersensitive, less prone to black and white thinking and a bit tougher. I was so sensitive and self-conscious I couldn’t function.