Did My Ice Cream Dessert Keep Me Up All Night?

Tourist

I was knee deep in some vanilla Hagen Daz with hot fudge and had two bowls--not big bowls either but heavy fudge Before bed

I was tossing and turning all night and my heart was strongly pounding all night.

Trying to figure out the connection and the only other changes are that I increased aspirin --2 Nd day increase yesterday afternoon --from 81 mg to 162mg.

Does this seem far off and should I be looking elsewhere ?

HDD

I was knee deep in some vanilla Hagen Daz with hot fudge and had two bowls--not big bowls either but heavy fudge Before bed

I was tossing and turning all night and my heart was strongly pounding all night.

Trying to figure out the connection and the only other changes are that I increased aspirin --2 Nd day increase yesterday afternoon --from 81 mg to 162mg.

Does this seem far off and should I be looking elsewhere ?

I have had trouble sleeping after eating some dark chocolate before bed. Some chocolate has caffeine and cocoa can cause low blood sugar. Did you make your fudge? If not, maybe the ingredients could be a problem?

Aspirin can increase metabolism and, if you're not used to it, taking it at bedtime might keep you awake at first. I often take 325-650 mg at bedtime and find it helps me to fall asleep. I recently took 325 mg when I woke up too early and I was able to fall back asleep for a few more hours.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Possibly something in the fudge.

L

lollipop

I often take 325-650 mg at bedtime and find it helps me to fall asleep. I recently took 325 mg when I woke up too early and I was able to fall back asleep for a few more hours.
Me too. Or if I lay down and cannot fall asleep after an hour, I take 650mg with cold milk and within 20 minor so - I fall easily asleep.

InChristAlone

Pounding heart can also mean dehydration. Also for me if I stay up past a certain hr I get it. Sometimes that hr can be pushed up if the day was really busy.

TubZy

I eat a pint of haagan dazs before bed almost every night. I find it helps me go to sleep. Also helps me sleep longer since the saturated fats and sugar help prevent any sudden blood sugar drop through out the night.

OP
Tourist

Tourist

The fugdge ingreadients: organic cane sugar, organic cream, organic tapioca syrup, organic butter, unsweetened chocolate, organic cocoa pwdr, cultured nonfat milk, salt.

I opened the jar to see how much I really ate... ugh, about 4 tablespoons (2tbls= 80 g fat and 1 g of protein)

I did have some oj to chug down a benadry and magnesium so not dehydrated. The asprirn was taken at lunch.

Back
Top Bottom