Did Gbolduev Have Any Evidence To Back Up His Claims About PH?

OP
AretnaP

AretnaP

This thread got intentionally sidetracked from talking about PH level, more specifically evidence that PH can be outside of normal range for long periods in people without extreme conditions, to talking about fasting.

If anybody ever posts in this thread ever again after this I would like to let it be know that there has been no actual evidence of anything so far, unless you count "if u read anesthesiology u will see that ph is what body is after first of all for some co2 is good for other it death LOL" as evidence.

cyclops

If anybody ever posts in this thread ever again after this I would like to let it be know that there has been no actual evidence of anything so far, unless you count "if u read anesthesiology u will see that ph is what body is after first of all for some co2 is good for other it death LOL" as evidence.

Personally, I don't count that as evidence.

opiath

Hey @AretnaP.
I have most of gbolduev's posts saved and he doesn't claim anywhere that PH goes out of reference range in non-extreme conditions.
When he mentions PH he is usually talking about the compensations the body has to make to keep the PH optimal.
Let's have a civilized discussion about this.
Do you have a more specific question?
If you have, than we can go on and look for studies and references for the claims he makes.

TubZy

This thread got intentionally sidetracked from talking about PH level, more specifically evidence that PH can be outside of normal range for long periods in people without extreme conditions, to talking about fasting.

In your original post, you directed this question to Gbol's followers. All of his followers know you constantly are making fun of his theories but then you keeping wanting answers later LOL. Why don't you just give it up, at least the RP people get the point it is not worth arguing or making threads over.

The only person that would know the answer you are looking for is Gbol himself, so again I have no idea what you are looking for when you create threads like these looking for a magical answer.

Regina

Hey @AretnaP.
I have most of gbolduev's posts saved and he doesn't claim anywhere that PH goes out of reference range in non-extreme conditions.
When he mentions PH he is usually talking about the compensations the body has to make to keep the PH optimal.
Let's have a civilized discussion about this.
Do you have a more specific question?
If you have, than we can go on and look for studies and references for the claims he makes.
"By increasing the production of lactic acid and the loss of carbon dioxide, exaggerated nervous stimulation (especially the excess of acetylcholine, histamine, and serotonin) can cause a variety of problems, including generalized vasoconstriction and systemic alkalosis, as well as increased intracellular alkalinity. This metabolic pattern is characteristic of many kinds of stress, including cancer. (Elsewhere, I have referred to this pattern as “relative hyperventilation.”) ..."
http://raypeat.com/articles/other/autonomic-systems.shtml

It is difficult to find a Peat article which does not mention 'PH' as a factor of dysregulation.

OP
AretnaP

AretnaP

Hey @AretnaP.
Yes he does.
Bicarbonate Vs. PaCO2 Blood Tests
Aspirin Decreases Cortisol And Increases Testosterone In Humans
If You Don't Want Low Testosterone DO NOT FAST
Gbolduev Q And A - Non Peat
Seriously Confused About CO2 After Reading Gbolduev's Thread
Man Goes Anti-Peat And Demonstrates Results From 20's To Mid 40

"that is why you see fat little kids , skinny little kids, red little kids ( acidosis) pale kids alkalosis. they are all different.

So the sooner a kid learns how to balance himself, the better."

How is this not saying PH goes out of reference range in extreme conditions? It is, there's no other way to look at it. Keep in mind not one single ******* study or reputable source of any kind was cited, ever.

My question was whether or not PH imbalance (actual PH imbalance outside of 7.35-7.45) contributes to non-life threatening conditions like he says they do.

Kartoffel

Yes he does.

"that is why you see fat little kids , skinny little kids, red little kids ( acidosis) pale kids alkalosis. they are all different.

So the sooner a kid learns how to balance himself, the better."

How is this not saying PH goes out of reference range in extreme conditions? It is, there's no other way to look at it. Keep in mind not one single ******* study or reputable source of any kind was cited, ever.

My question was whether or not PH imbalance (actual PH imbalance outside of 7.35-7.45) contributes to non-life threatening conditions like he says they do.

PH is so two months ago. Gbol's new theory is all about taking hidistine followed by basically every other amino acid in order to you know restart your detox system and nervous system, and something about zinc. Zinc is always important! But really it's all about histidine now! You might be suprised because he proclaimed months ago that his mineral protocoll was already perfect, but this time it's the real thing for sure!

Discussion of histidine and zinc finger involvement - Hack Stasis

TubZy

PH is so two months ago. Gbol's new theory is all about taking hidistine followed by basically every other amino acid in order to you know restart your detox system and nervous system, and something about zinc. Zinc is always important! But really it's all about histidine now! You might be suprised because he proclaimed months ago that his mineral protocoll was already perfect, but this time it's the real thing for sure!

someone got triggered again LOL

Travis

Someone should tell him that each zinc finger also needs two cysteines, in addition to the two histidines, to coordinate the zinc ion.

I don't think histidine is a limiting amino acid in many foods, and the proteins you'd be trying to increase consist only of 2.86% histidine total (on average; taking histone acetyltransferase p300 as example). So to make a zinc finger, you'd need a quite a bit more than histidine and zinc. Most likely histidine is not going to be the limiting amino acid for these, meaning that ingesting histidine alone could be expected to yield—roughly—zero percent (0%) new protein synthesis of zinc finger‐containing enzymes.

Taking zinc may be a good idea, but taking histidine—for that reason—sounds like pseudoscience or wishful thinking at best. I think there are much more important issues like avoiding aluminum, mycotoxins, linoleic acid, iron, methionine, and immunogenic food proteins. Talking about histidine just draws attention from the fact that most people probably don't get enough ascorbate, folate, potassium, magnesium, and such. Almost like a disinformation agent some people can send you down a rabbit‐hole—left pondering something unrealistic about something which can almost be said to nearly make sense.

Last edited:

Dhair

Almost like a disinformation agent some people can send you down a rabbit‐hole—left pondering something unrealistic about something which can almost be said to nearly make sense.
You are right, but you're still giving someone too much credit here...

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@AretnaP I have drawn and analyzed several hundred ABG's over the years but only in an acute care setting. I've rarely seen a person who could could function at all when their pH was outside the 7.35-7.45 range. The ones I've seen who could manage to answer basic questions had a chronic issue coupled with an acute change in their condition so they were somewhat adapted to operating in a less than optimal state already. My experience is limited to the hospital setting so I can't speak to the blood gasses of people walking around functioning in their communities like you and me but I was taught in school that too far outside of the normal range is not compatible with life. I wish I understood what gbolduev was getting at but I don't. I think I have the ability to understand it though if I were will to invest the time..
ETA: I don't know if I would agree but I'm sure I could understand.

opiath

Yes he does.

Ok, I just looked at all these and only in the first link he talks about PH going out of range without immediate compensation by the body.
Let's see what he says:

gbolduev said:
Panic attack is not from high CO2. Panic attack happens from alkalosis when you hyperventilate and your CO2 drops very low. But before you hyperventilated your CO2 was higher than norm, and that was compensated by bicarbonate. Then all of a sudden your breath out all of your CO2 but bicarb stays high, since it takes days to adjust. And thus you get into alkalosis.

Let's open an anesthesiology book on that one:

Hyperventilation (ie increased alveolar ventilation) is the mechanism responsible for the lowered arterial pCO2 in ALL cases of respiratory alkalosis.

This low arterial pCO2 will be sensed by the central and peripheral chemoreceptors and the hyperventilation will be inhibited unless the patients ventilation is controlled.

Causes of Respiratory Alkalosis
4. Iatrogenic (act directly on ventilation)

• Excessive controlled ventilation

The compensatory response is a fall in bicarbonate level.
As can be seen by inspection of the Henderson-Hasselbalch equation (below), a decreased [HCO3-] will counteract the effect of a decreased pCO2 on the pH.

Key points regarding compensation in respiratory alkalosis:
  • Physicochemical effect: Initially there is an immediate physicochemical change which lowers the bicarbonate slightly.
  • Role of Kidney: The effector organ for compensation is the kidney.
  • Slow Response: The renal response has a slow onset and the maximal response takes 2 to 3 days to be achieved.
  • Outcome: The drop in bicarbonate results in the extracellular pH returning only partiallytowards its normal value.

Now let's open up a study that connects panic attacs with respiratory alkalosis:

Respiratory manifestations of panic disorder: causes, consequences and therapeutic implications

Acute hyperventilation can produce anesthesia, paresthesia, ataxia, tremor, tinnitus, cold extremities, palmar hyperhidrosis, giddiness, loss of consciousness, visual disturbances, headache and chest pain.(10) There is therefore symptom overlap between panic disorder and hyperventilation syndrome, since panic attacks include most of these symptoms, together with others, such as breathlessness, feeling of choking, nausea, derealization (an alteration in the perception or experience of the external world that makes it seem strange or unreal), depersonalization (an alteration in the perception or experience that causes a feeling of detachment from the mental processes or the body), fear of dying and fear of losing control.(2)

The prevailing hypothesis to explain the symptom overlap between acute hyperventilation and panic disorder is that panic disorder patients suffer from chronic episodes of hyperventilation, in which they shift toward hypocapnic alkalosis as a consequence of stress-induced acute hyperventilation, generating panic attacks. There are three major experimental findings to support that idea. First, panic attacks and hyperventilation syndrome both feature dyspnea, palpitations, tremors, paresthesia and giddiness. Second, hyperventilation syndrome overlaps with panic disorder in approximately 40% of patients.(12) Finally, the acute hyperventilation challenge test, in which patients hyperventilate (30 breaths/min) for 4 min, reproduces panic-like symptoms in a significant proportion of panic disorder patients.(7)

a12fig01.gif

In the rest of your links he doesn't talk about a specific situation/context.

paymanz

That is why you never should not act like you know everything.

So you say basically that he changed his view?! Or upgraded it? He doesnt defend his stand on ph of 2 months ago?!

Amazoniac

ARL : Tissue Minerals and Associated Emotional States

"The importance of viewing emotional characteristics of minerals as the present response to stress is:
  • To avoid labeling a person. Labeling can do more harm than good. In no sense are these conditions fixed and they often change surprisingly fast when the proper combination of corrective measures is instituted."

Vicecaz

That's interesting about the high progesterone results. This might be a stupid question, but couldn't that be due to progestins, or pharmaceutical "progesterone?" Those are just as toxic as estrogens.
I should have mentioned I called my " condition " PFS; whereas in my case it is Post Accutane syndrome, I have the exact same symptoms of PFS but it was brought by an accurate course . That's his theory behind accutane cases:

Since accutane is the end product of the retinoic pathway, it depletes all the all the path co-factor requirements. Zn, Molybdenum, NAD, B6, etc... all get dumped. Retinoic acid is required along with cholesterol and thyroid(potassium) to get pregnenolone, then 3bHSD(zinc) makes progesterone. So accutane causes issues with progesterone sensitivity, most likely making potassium in cells sky high, body adjusts to this by increasing progesterone receptors. When you stop accutane, you do have zinc(but its bio-unavailable), progesterone is too sensitive and puts potassium sky high into the cell(hypothyroid). You also require cortisol, but cortisol is made from progesterone and your body cannot raise progesterone since cells are loaded with potassium. It like a catch-22.

Fin probably helps since it is a progestin and regulates potassium levels in the cell, but would provide a whole other set of problems, would not recommend. This is also why birth control(progestins) and Spironolactone are successful in treating acne in women, they both work on potassium.

Easiest fix seems to be water fast for days or weeks to dump potassium out of the cell, then take high dose Progesterone for 3-5 days during fast to reduce progesterone receptors. Then eating diet to retain Zn and co-factors, and probably somewhat low in Potassium for awhile.

Should have added since accutane is retinoic acid, it increases your progesterone levels greatly while taking it, so you get clear. But this increases the receptors, and causes the progesterone sensitivity issues post accutane, which locks potassium sky high in cells, then you have post accutane syndrome(issues with prog, cortisol, thyroid...).

I'm not sure what you exactly meant with progestin/pharmaceutical progesterone .. ?
I never touched any of those per se, unless you consider accutane as a progestin

TubZy

Someone should tell him that each zinc finger also needs two cysteines, in addition to the two histidines, to coordinate the zinc ion.

I don't think histidine is a limiting amino acid in many foods, and the proteins you'd be trying to increase consist only of 2.86% histidine total (on average; taking histone acetyltransferase p300 as example). So to make a zinc finger, you'd need a quite a bit more than histidine and zinc. Most likely histidine is not going to be the limiting amino acid for these, meaning that ingesting histidine alone could be expected to yield—roughly—zero percent (0%) new protein synthesis of zinc finger‐containing enzymes.

Taking zinc may be a good idea, but taking histidine—for that reason—sounds like pseudoscience or wishful thinking at best. I think there are much more important issues like avoiding aluminum, mycotoxins, linoleic acid, iron, methionine, and immunogenic food proteins. Talking about histidine just draws attention from the fact that most people probably don't get enough ascorbate, folate, potassium, magnesium, and such. Almost like a disinformation agent some people can send you down a rabbit‐hole—left pondering something unrealistic about something which can almost be said to nearly make sense.

Here is the full thread with the description as well. So the, theory just once step further up the chain, it's not really a new theory.

ZINC FINGER THEORY for HAIRLOSS AND PFS - Hack Stasis

This is basically the same protocol as I outlined originally for 2 cases, but with more details as to cortisol and progesterone receptors. And don't forget it is all theory for now. So we need to try 2 routes here, to upregulate zinc finger or downregulate it.

Kartoffel

That is why you never should not act like you know everything.

So you say basically that he changed his view?! Or upgraded it? He doesnt defend his stand on ph of 2 months ago?!

This is his new theory now:

"No histidine= ho histamine= zero arousal and libido= and ZERO STOMACH ACID, since histamine is needed for stomach acid.
And no histidine you get constant high cortisol, since zinc finger needs it. Zinc lowers histidine in the body. May be that is why zinc causes loss of libido." Gbol

He changes his views, theories, and protocols all the time. It's obvious that he is just making this stuff up as he goes along. You might argue in his favor that he is somwhat less insistent on his omnipotence and infallibility now. It has become too abvious that he doesn't really understand anything about biochemistry, and that his theories are incomprehensible, unscientific gibberish. That's why he is now pretending to create his theories together with his disciples on the forum. It will still take them a while to figure out that he is leading them nowhere (except to lots and lots of expensive supplements), but the Gbol-star is declining

TubZy

This is his new theory now:

"No histidine= ho histamine= zero arousal and libido= and ZERO STOMACH ACID, since histamine is needed for stomach acid.
And no histidine you get constant high cortisol, since zinc finger needs it. Zinc lowers histidine in the body. May be that is why zinc causes loss of libido." Gbol

He changes his views, theories, and protocols all the time. It's obvious that he is just making this stuff up as he goes along. You might argue in his favor that he is somwhat less insistent on his omnipotence and infallibility now. It has become too abvious that he doesn't really understand anything about biochemistry, and that his theories are incomprehensible, unscientific gibberish. That's why he is now pretending to create his theories together with his disciples on the forum. It will still take them a while to figure out that he is leading them nowhere (except to lots and lots of expensive supplements), but the Gbol-star is declining

That is why every other one of his theories (they are all one theory btw just different methods of addressing it) have been helping people, I already sent you multiple logs of it. The amino acid protocol he just mentioned a few days ago, no one has tried it yet. You can dismiss it all you want, but based on your other posts, I doubt you have the background or knowledge to even understand what a zinc finger is yet who has showed zero credibility to anything you post.

Kartoffel

That is why every other one of his theories (they are all one theory btw just different methods of addressing it) have been helping people, I already sent you multiple logs of it. The amino acid protocol he just mentioned a few days ago, no one has tried it yet. You can dismiss it all you want, but based on your other posts, I doubt you have the background or knowledge to even understand what a zinc finger is yet who have showed zero credibility to anything you post.

That's fine, unlike Gbol I don't feel the need to convince everyone on the internet that I am the smartest thing alive. It's impossible to make credible arguments against you people. I have already explained why. Almost nothing you say is based on evidence, and if someone presents evidence contradicting you, you respond by either saying that studies are useless, that this particulary study is useless, or that you need to go read an anesthesiology textbook. Many people have already explained why his PH theories are utter, confused nonsense. For example, see my recent comment on his reliance on the Bronsted-Lowry model, which makes him say things like carbon dioxide "causes" bicarbonate to go up or down, etc. Tell Gbol that CO2 is a Lewis acid, that a proton is a lewis acid. Maybe it will make his thingking a little clearer.
But that's not even neccessary because even the textbooks that he refers to (but apparently has never read) show that his arguments are just false. You just have too look at a Davenport diagram to see how nonsensical his high CO2 causes high bicarbonate, which in turn causes panic attacks-argument is. PCO2 changes much more quickly than bicarbonate, and bicarbonate is just a passive reflection of CO2 interactions with alkaline minerals. Has he answered any of the many people that asked him which textbooks exactely he refers to/gets his arguments from, you know when he says that "every anesthesiology textbook can tell you"?

Last edited:

Travis

I assume that this is @gbolduev quote:
Since accutane is the end product of the retinoic pathway,
Not entirely true. Accutane is 13‐cis‐retinoic acid, not all‐trans or 9cis‐retinoic acid. This stereochemsitry matters, especially to nuclear receptors; they're sensitive to changes in molecular geometry of their ligands.
Fin probably helps since it is a progestin and regulates potassium levels in the cell, but would provide a whole other set of problems, would not recommend. This is also why birth control(progestins) and Spironolactone are successful in treating acne in women, they both work on potassium.
This is somewhat true, as spironolactone was originally designed in the '70s as an antimineralocorticoid drug—where it works most powerfully. However, some steroids can bind multiple receptors (i.e. cortisol) and synthetic steroids are no exception. Spironolactone also antagonizes the androgen receptor, which would probably be why it reduces acne. Androgens on the skin have been experimentally proven to increase wax ester synthesis leading to sebum with higher melting points, higher viscosity, and thus higher pore‐clogging potential.
Should have added since accutane is retinoic acid, it increases your progesterone levels greatly while taking it, so you get clear. But this increases the receptors, and causes the progesterone sensitivity issues post accutane, which locks potassium sky high in cells, then you have post accutane syndrome(issues with prog, cortisol, thyroid...).
There are at least two nuclear retinoic acid receptors (RXR, RAR) which dimerize with others—such as PPAR(α–γ), LXR, and thyroid receptor—upon binding to ligand: retinoic acid, among others. This can probably be realistically said to increase a significant percentage of cellular transcription, since so many are transcription factors are activated. Indeed: you can see up to a threefold increase in skin turnover with topical retinoic acid, which could very well be why it works for acne. Retinoic acid increases so many transcriptional events that it can seem almost misleading to talk about only one, but what matters most from an acne perspective appears to be the sebum wax ester to fatty acid ratio. This has been experimentally found consistently elevated in cases of acne, and makes scientific and intuitive sense: With higher viscosity sebum, one could actually expect more clogged pores. I think progesterone can generally be seen as a plus, but in the case of acne I would think the transcription of the enzyme long‐chain‐alcohol O‐fatty‐acyltransferase should be the main focus for ascertaining biochemical plausibility.

Last edited: