Did Boron Really Help Somebody?

Frankdee20

I don’t think people eat that many raisins or dry fruits to even get the 2mg RDA

BigBrain

like i said i defenitly felt a significant increase in T(DHT) , but after 3 weeks no response anymore. I think its due that i maybe got the optimal balance of boron and anything more will increase E2.

Frankdee20

Has anyone stacked Boron with Creatine for DHT ?

Magdalena

I have been using borax (a good pinch) every morning in my coffee for 2 years now. If I do not take it I will get pain in my knee. It helps for my tooth decay too. I was wondering if it could help my grandma? She experiences lots of pain in her back and problems with walking. She is over 80 years old. I would really appreciate any comments regarding how to help her to cope with pain? Thanks

Charger

Boron definitely increases my libido, and I think I have what are symptoms of low E2 after using it consistently. It definitely does something.

Pistachio

I have been using borax (a good pinch) every morning in my coffee for 2 years now. If I do not take it I will get pain in my knee. It helps for my tooth decay too. I was wondering if it could help my grandma? She experiences lots of pain in her back and problems with walking. She is over 80 years old. I would really appreciate any comments regarding how to help her to cope with pain? Thanks

Borax is a cleaning detergent; whereas, boron is a bone-mineralizing element. Although related, they are not the same thing.

OP
M

Motif

Helps my dermatitis like probably all trace minerals.

Jessie

Yeah, Borax (Boron) lowers cortisol and parathyroid hormone (PTH). I even cited a reference for this about a year ago. Here it is: Boron supplementation in peripartum Murrah buffaloes: The effect on calcium homeostasis, bone metabolism, endocrine and antioxidant status - PubMed

"Boron supplementation at 200 and 400 ppm increased (p < 0.05) plasma Ca, Mg and osteocalcin (OCN) concentration during postpartum stage. Higher (p < 0.05) levels of plasma 25-hydroxy vitamin D3 were observed in both B supplemented groups as compared to B unsupplemented group irrespective of physiological stages. Plasma parathyroid hormone (PTH) and cortisol levels were lower (p < 0.05) in both B supplemented groups than B unsupplemented group, especially during postpartum stage. Whereas, plasma ferric reducing total antioxidant power (FRAP) activity was found to be higher (p < 0.05) in B supplemented groups as compared to B unsupplemented group. Furthermore, antioxidant enzymes (erythrocytic superoxide dismutase; SOD, catalase, glutathione peroxidase; GPx), plasma level of total immunoglobulins (TIg), bone specific alkaline phosphatase (BALP) and tartrate resistant acid phosphatase (TRAP) remained unaffected by dietary B supplementation. Overall, it can be concluded that supplementation of B at 200 ppm in the diet of peripartum Murrah buffaloes helped to induce metabolic adaptations for improving Ca homeostasis, bone metabolism and antioxidant status without much additional benefits at higher level used in the present study."

Boron is good s**t. At the very least, something you don't want to be deficient in.

OP
M

Motif

Yeah, Borax (Boron) lowers cortisol and parathyroid hormone (PTH). I even cited a reference for this about a year ago. Here it is: Boron supplementation in peripartum Murrah buffaloes: The effect on calcium homeostasis, bone metabolism, endocrine and antioxidant status - PubMed

"Boron supplementation at 200 and 400 ppm increased (p < 0.05) plasma Ca, Mg and osteocalcin (OCN) concentration during postpartum stage. Higher (p < 0.05) levels of plasma 25-hydroxy vitamin D3 were observed in both B supplemented groups as compared to B unsupplemented group irrespective of physiological stages. Plasma parathyroid hormone (PTH) and cortisol levels were lower (p < 0.05) in both B supplemented groups than B unsupplemented group, especially during postpartum stage. Whereas, plasma ferric reducing total antioxidant power (FRAP) activity was found to be higher (p < 0.05) in B supplemented groups as compared to B unsupplemented group. Furthermore, antioxidant enzymes (erythrocytic superoxide dismutase; SOD, catalase, glutathione peroxidase; GPx), plasma level of total immunoglobulins (TIg), bone specific alkaline phosphatase (BALP) and tartrate resistant acid phosphatase (TRAP) remained unaffected by dietary B supplementation. Overall, it can be concluded that supplementation of B at 200 ppm in the diet of peripartum Murrah buffaloes helped to induce metabolic adaptations for improving Ca homeostasis, bone metabolism and antioxidant status without much additional benefits at higher level used in the present study."

Boron is good s**t. At the very least, something you don't want to be deficient in.
How long would it take to solve a boron deficiency ?

Jam

Borax is a cleaning detergent; whereas, boron is a bone-mineralizing element. Although related, they are not the same thing.
For all intents and purposes, yes they are.

Boron is a metalloid that is not found chemically uncombined in nature.

Borax (sodium tetraborate) is one of the naturally occurring borate minerals which contain boron.

Borax is first and foremost a naturally occurring mineral, which can also be used as a detergent.

Jessie

How long would it take to solve a boron deficiency ?
It's a trace mineral, so you don't need that much of it. There's several different boron supplements, but for borax a 1/4 tsp once weekly is enough.

Pistachio

For all intents and purposes, yes they are.

Boron is a metalloid that is not found chemically uncombined in nature.

Borax (sodium tetraborate) is one of the naturally occurring borate minerals which contain boron.

Borax is first and foremost a naturally occurring mineral, which can also be used as a detergent.
For all intents and purposes, you want to be supplementing with boron rather than borax. ;)

Jam

For all intents and purposes, you want to be supplementing with boron rather than borax. ;)
"You want to be supplementing with magnesium rather than magnesium citrate"...

TomS

It is not widely known boron depletes vit B2. In Germany we may sell only 3 mg boron products.
Last time I ordered Boron caps from Swanson, however, they add to every product nasty ingredient(s).
Swanson Bororganic Glycine: Rice flour, gelatin, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin
Now I see Life Extension Boron at iherb site. Each cap contains 3 mg boron and 25 mg riboflavin.
Ordered via handy/tablet one may use their coupon code, provides 20% discount. 100 tablets 3,02 Euro + 9% VAT, since Hermes operates under Dutch VAT low. I take and sell 99,9% clean borax powder, as well, however, buying that person needs professional paper in EU.

Jessie

I think the biggest advantage to borax is that it's mostly a pure product. Whereas boron supplements designed for "human consumption" are ironically much less pure.

In either case, this is a trace mineral, so it's not likely that you'll need that much of it.