Did Anything Relieve Your Shaky Hands (especially One Sided Shakiness)

My wife has this. She went off all raw veggies as a test, but it didn't help.

She takes progesterone and a little DHEA and pregnenolone.

Have you had success with reducing shakiness? Like shaking left hand?

Orion

RP talks of lots of energy needed to keep muscles in relaxed state(opposite of tremors), with good balance of sodium/potassium/magnesium/calcium.

Consuming sufficient calories with all the salts, calcium and maybe K2?

dfspcc20

Do the tremors happen at rest or when doing specific movements? I've been trying to figure out mine (which are the latter, aka essential and/or intention tremors).

OP
ecstatichamster
Do the tremors happen at rest or when doing specific movements? I've been trying to figure out mine (which are the latter, aka essential and/or intention tremors).

Not sure there is a pattern. This is for my wife

dfspcc20

Not sure there is a pattern. This is for my wife

Do you know if the shakiness has gotten progressively worse for her?

You might try looking in YouTube for "Essential Tremors", "Intention Tremors", "Cerebellar Examination", and see if anything looks similar to your wife's symptoms.

It could be some sort of dysfunction or degeneration involving the cerebellum. Possibly gluten ataxia (if she's eating gluten). Ataxia - Wikipedia

Or some sort of deficiency- a recent Ray Peat quote to a question I asked him: "Several of my close male relatives developed tremors in middle age, and I was getting shakier in my thirties, but when I started supplementing thyroid, the tremor disappeared and hasn’t returned. Nutritional deficiencies and toxins affect different parts of the brain differently, but glucose metabolism is protective everywhere."

I don't have much shakiness in my hands, but mostly in my trunk when doing certain movements and exercises, which isn't getting better with doing the exercises frequently and strengthening the muscles. I'm experimenting with more thyroid to see if that helps.

OP
ecstatichamster
Experimenting with K2 D and A at the moment. The tremors have gotten worse over the years.

OP
ecstatichamster
Do you know if the shakiness has gotten progressively worse for her?

You might try looking in YouTube for "Essential Tremors", "Intention Tremors", "Cerebellar Examination", and see if anything looks similar to your wife's symptoms.

It could be some sort of dysfunction or degeneration involving the cerebellum. Possibly gluten ataxia (if she's eating gluten). Ataxia - Wikipedia

Or some sort of deficiency- a recent Ray Peat quote to a question I asked him: "Several of my close male relatives developed tremors in middle age, and I was getting shakier in my thirties, but when I started supplementing thyroid, the tremor disappeared and hasn’t returned. Nutritional deficiencies and toxins affect different parts of the brain differently, but glucose metabolism is protective everywhere."

I don't have much shakiness in my hands, but mostly in my trunk when doing certain movements and exercises, which isn't getting better with doing the exercises frequently and strengthening the muscles. I'm experimenting with more thyroid to see if that helps.

Did it help @dfspcc20

dfspcc20

I think staying away from caffeine helped. I experimented with T3 as well; I don't think it made it worse like caffeine did, but I can't say for sure if it helped.

Also I think getting more movement (both local to the affected areas and in general) is beneficial. The muscle shakiness for me I'm hoping is just a case of sensory-motor amnesia.

OP
ecstatichamster
still working on this. Dr. Peat had written this...

Endotoxin can produce those effects. Keeping the digestive system free of inflammation often helps, and a daily raw carrot is sometimes enough, sometimes a supplement of thyroid or progesterone helps. The endogenous opioids can have one-sided effects, and they are increased by endotoxin. Having well cooked mushrooms every day, and avoiding green salads, unsaturated fats, grains and beans are other helpful things. A supplement of niacinamide and other B vitamins sometimes helps.​

Stopping salads didn't help noticeably. It's worse lately. May the stress of Winter. She is taking NDT and maybe that's made it worse.

I'm going to see about getting her to take the mushrooms every day, and maybe 50mg of an antibiotic and see if we can see any improvements.

I ordered Naltrexone to see if that would help.

Arctic Fire

I had mildly shaky hands on and off until I found RP. Stress & inadequate fuel were the triggers. Not sure what aspects of Peating fixed the problem, but I'd guess thyroid, more carbs, and better glucose metabolism.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals