Did anyone noticed that Thyroid meds work better with coffee/caffeine?

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

what kinda coffee mate
im thinking of adding some in, mixed with milk/cream/sugar it tastes great...
baking soda enemas? what do you mean by flushes
i buy organic coffee off of Morrisons, normal black roasted coffee, i go milk and sugar.

I haven't got bowel movements so i take 1-3 teaspoons of baking soda to the mouth and wash with water, it causes bowel movements in 10-30 min depending on how empty stomach you did this.

Also the dopamine effect from coffee is like whoah, first time in a long time i can think and cloud is off of my head .

TobyBjorn

I love caffeine with thyroid, but then I have never taken thyroid while not also using caffeine. I've been on 900-1500mg caffeine daily since around 2006 with nothing but good results so far.

Dr. B

I love caffeine with thyroid, but then I have never taken thyroid while not also using caffeine. I've been on 900-1500mg caffeine daily since around 2006 with nothing but good results so far.
do you split apart the dosages

TobyBjorn

do you split apart the dosages
yeah, i've never done more than 400mg in a 20 minute period, and I usually do about 70mg/hour or 200mg doses every 3 hours, etc.
edit: oh and thyroid, yes I did NDT breakfast&lunch dosing for many years and in the last two or three I added t3 just before bed. So now I do about 50mcg t4 / 12.5mcg t3 upon waking and again at 4pm, then 5-7mcg t3 before bed.

Dr. B

yeah, i've never done more than 400mg in a 20 minute period, and I usually do about 70mg/hour or 200mg doses every 3 hours, etc.
edit: oh and thyroid, yes I did NDT breakfast&lunch dosing for many years and in the last two or three I added t3 just before bed. So now I do about 50mcg t4 / 12.5mcg t3 upon waking and again at 4pm, then 5-7mcg t3 before bed.
what kind of results did you get from those things? what is your health/metabolism like when using those. you dont get cortisol increases from the T3 and caffeine?

TobyBjorn

what kind of results did you get from those things? what is your health/metabolism like when using those. you dont get cortisol increases from the T3 and caffeine?
All my (traditional western mainstream) health markers are excellent, for what thats worth. Of course my TSH is quite low from that perspective. Subjectively I feel great and look healthy. The effects of both drugs are pleiotropic, and they are not the only interventions I do daily, so parsing specifics is a big messy soup. But my dentist-cardiologist-doctor friends and girl friends all seem to think I'm clean as a whistle.

LadyRae

Just go easy with the caffeine. Too much can raise cortisol, which can feel like increased thyroid sometimes..
Yes, this. If I take my drop of Tyronene even with creamer in my coffee, I can get some adrenaline- like symptoms which some people might think is thyroid. But I really think it's better to take it with a full meal in your stomach.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals