Did anyone noticed that Thyroid meds work better with coffee/caffeine?

FitnessMike

E

eat my peat

what do you mean exactly?

when you drink coffee while taking the meds?

or drinking more coffee throughout the day in general?

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

what do you mean exactly?

when you drink coffee while taking the meds?

or drinking more coffee throughout the day in general?
just in general, but now i realised it might be a tricky question as the coffee itself speed up metabolism, i need to check my blood results and see changes in ft3 for my self, im a tricky case where high rt3 was preventing my body to utilize accumulated ft3 from supplementation months ago, i think coffee help my body use it up but its speculation for now.

I wonder if coffee could help somehow with high rt3.

docall18

just in general, but now i realised it might be a tricky question as the coffee itself speed up metabolism, i need to check my blood results and see changes in ft3 for my self, im a tricky case where high rt3 was preventing my body to utilize accumulated ft3 from supplementation months ago, i think coffee help my body use it up but its speculation for now.

Yes, caffeine is touted to aid entry of thyroid to bodies cells/tissues. It also supposedly increases t4 conversion to t3.

I find coffee makes thyroid supps work much better.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Yes, caffeine is touted to aid entry of thyroid to bodies cells/tissues. It also supposedly increases t4 conversion to t3.

I find coffee makes thyroid supps work much better.
got bless you kind man, maybe now i will be able to utilize and supplement thyroid meds.

no. i just notice that coffee for me IS my thyroid medication. i cant take meds - and i have tried them all , even idea labs. if i stay gluten free and drink a butt ton of coffee , i stay happy -

haidut

Forum Supporter

This "enhancement" effects of caffeine is indeed real and applies to many other substances, especially other steroids, when taken together with caffeine. Aspirin is another nutrient whose effect is greatly enhanced by caffeine. It is common in some countries for people who want to use anabolic steroids but can't afford the higher doses to combine lower doses with caffeine as it enhances the effects. Caffeine also has a direct stimulating effects on the thyroid, so that also helps increase the effects when taking thyroid.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

no. i just notice that coffee for me IS my thyroid medication. i cant take meds - and i have tried them all , even idea labs. if i stay gluten free and drink a butt ton of coffee , i stay happy -
this is fantastic news, I just restarted coffee and i do not have any stress response, sometimes i can feel tiny low blood sugar symptoms but i react quick then, i have such a high hopes with coffee :)

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

This "enhancement" effects of caffeine is indeed real and applies to many other substances, especially other steroids, when taken together with caffeine. Aspirin is another nutrient whose effect is greatly enhanced by caffeine. It is common in some countries for people who want to use anabolic steroids but can't afford the higher doses to combine lower doses with caffeine as it enhances the effects. Caffeine also has a direct stimulating effects on the thyroid, so that also helps increase the effects when taking thyroid.
This is FANTASTIC news, hopefully, coffee and its all health benefits will now allow me to tolerate small quants of thyroid meds.

this is fantastic news, I just restarted coffee and i do not have any stress response, sometimes i can feel tiny low blood sugar symptoms but i react quick then, i have such a high hopes with coffee :)
Yes, after struggling with drip coffee for so long ( it hurt my stomach ) now I have a multi-layered coffee protocol lol - I do lungo Nespresso shots 3 with sugar and cream in the am, drink iced cold brew and Starbucks green coffee refreshers while I work at home, and at night lots of times, I will get a big fat frappuccino delivered and make a meal of it. YUM. The trick for me is making espresso and cold brew my main sources. I am Scandinavian and Austrian and come from some major major coffee drinkers too :) I am a recovered Vegan and dieter.

Dr. B

good stuff, do you think 200mg a day is a good amount, cant the higher doses like 400mg+ raise cortisol too?
im concerned about aspirin due to the blood thinning, filler ingredients in the capsule, and concern over its anti lipolysis effects and possibly increasing ulcer risk/leaky gut... doesnt coffee/caffeine boost both sugar oxidation and fat oxidation... and wouldnt caffeine alongside vitamin E just be ideal, so you dont need to worry about limiting lipolysis, can just let the body burn what it wants, but the vitamin E will negate any pufas being burned.
Id rather not use vitamin K1/K2 daily, they may stress the glutathione system, and I do seem to get that effect of hair shedding if I dose vitamin K2 too high or frequently so i currently limit K intake to 1mg k1/1.5mg MK4 and 300mcg MK7 once a week. the aspirin seems to require either vitamin K1, or ephedrine.

not sure if youve talked about this but a popular cutting stack on bodybuilding forums is the "ECA" stack. its ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin. now, many bodybuilders usually havent done research extensively into these things. from what I remember, the ECA stack was used on many bodybuilding forums for cutting purposes. I think the ephedrine is hard to get but can be bought over the counter in the US, just you have to be over 18 and sign something for it since some people died from overdosing it before?
Anyway, what i remember on reddit/bodybuilding forums, bodybuilders used ephedrine and caffeine due to the pro metabolic/pro fat loss benefits of both of those, being stimulants. the aspirin was only included in the mix because the ephedrine was a strong blood thickener and aspirin was needed to prevent blood clots from ephedrine. there was no mention on the bodybuilding forums of the steroid enhancing effect of caffeine, or pro muscle growth effect of aspirin... the purposes of caffeine just seemed to be for fat loss, and aspirin for a safe blood thinner with minimal side effects, and ephedrine for its stimulant effects. I never heard of caffeine and aspirin boosting muscle growth/enhancing steroid effects until I read Peats stuff and things on here.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Mr, do you think that coffee can actually lower total stress, probably by sorting out the liver and subsequently uncovering pain in the knee and/or lower back masked before by high cortisol? Im almost sure that this is happening to me, my knee is messed up probably due to deterioration of the cartilage and low back started aching me sin since yesterday.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Mr, do you think that coffee can actually lower total stress, probably by sorting out the liver and subsequently uncovering pain in the knee and/or lower back masked before by high cortisol? Im almost sure that this is happening to me, my knee is messed up probably due to deterioration of the cartilage and low back started aching me sin since yesterday.

Caffeine does help the liver regenerate and if used in lower doses (<200mg per dose) several times daily it should not cause a stress reaction and boost cortisol. Thus, over time, as liver function improves due to the caffeine and improved thyroid/metabolism, cortisol levels may decline.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Caffeine does help the liver regenerate and if used in lower doses (<200mg per dose) several times daily it should not cause a stress reaction and boost cortisol. Thus, over time, as liver function improves due to the caffeine and improved thyroid/metabolism, cortisol levels may decline.
i have no stress response whatsoever, I feel my stress lowered only in just a week of abusing my coffee :)

GOD bless coffee

Dr. B

are caffeine pills good, and even better than coffee due to the pesticides issue and possible anti nutrients. coffee blocks iron but besides that are USP caffeine pills superior

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

are caffeine pills good, and even better than coffee due to the pesticides issue and possible anti nutrients. coffee blocks iron but besides that are USP caffeine pills superior
coffee has probably multiple benefits innit, like stimulating gut peristalsis, also bile acids? for the first time in long time, my poop is brown but that could be due to increased metabolism.

Dr. B

coffee has probably multiple benefits innit, like stimulating gut peristalsis, also bile acids? for the first time in long time, my poop is brown but that could be due to increased metabolism.
what color was it before didnt know its linked to metabolism

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

what color was it before didnt know its linked to metabolism
well pale and you could see undigested food in it, when i started recently taurine (stopped now due to worsening my sleep ) it would go more on the yellow side due to increase of bile production, now later in the day when i go for nr2 after all this coffee im having during the day its brown like it suppose to be, sometimes very brown.

Still have no bowel movements and coffee does help with gut movement to some point but its still a long road for me, i have to do baking soda flushes, im cringing on the thought of baking soda water.

Dr. B

well pale and you could see undigested food in it, when i started recently taurine (stopped now due to worsening my sleep ) it would go more on the yellow side due to increase of bile production, now later in the day when i go for nr2 after all this coffee im having during the day its brown like it suppose to be, sometimes very brown.

Still have no bowel movements and coffee does help with gut movement to some point but its still a long road for me, i have to do baking soda flushes, im cringing on the thought of baking soda water.
what kinda coffee mate
im thinking of adding some in, mixed with milk/cream/sugar it tastes great...
baking soda enemas? what do you mean by flushes

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals