Did A Cold Turkey From Benzos Now Reinstated And Drugs Are Less Effective Please Help

TreasureVibe

Hey all, so I did a cold turkey from 17 mg of valium (1 Ativan equivalent of 10 mg of valium and 7 mg of valium) for 4 days and now the drugs are less effective as I reinstated.

How come this happens and what can I do to fix this? What is the mechanism behind it? Normally when I take ativan at 9 am I can stick it out easily till 5 pm when my next dosage is, but now I get withdrawal symptoms at around 1 pm. Also the Ativan would make me very sleepy and sedated, now it doesn't.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Uselis

You can microdose up by say 0.2mg (using syringe and titrating method) and see if symptoms ease up but likely you'll have to ride it out since jumping from 17mg cold turkey is almost guaranteed to cause withdrawals.

Go to Survivingantidepressants.com page and create thread there. Admins saw multiple cases as yours and underwent their own withdrawals. They'll be able to guide you.

In the meantime try some bag breathing to calm yourself as much as possible.

milkboi

Why cold turkey in the first place? Doesn‘t seem to be a good idea with Benzos. And if you decided to go cold turkey you surely expected withdrawal symptoms? Not trying to be a downer, but want to offer some realism.

Edit: But to be fair I didn’t understand 100% how you‘re dosing right now, so maybe clarify that a bit?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Why cold turkey in the first place? Doesn‘t seem to be a good idea with Benzos. And if you decided to go cold turkey you surely expected withdrawal symptoms? Not trying to be a downer, but want to offer some realism.

Edit: But to be fair I didn’t understand 100% how you‘re dosing right now, so maybe clarify that a bit?
I was desperate in quitting them that's why I did a cold turkey. I'm now taking 1 Ativan in the morning at 9 am and 7 mg of valium in the midday at 5 pm.

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

You can microdose up by say 0.2mg (using syringe and titrating method) and see if symptoms ease up but likely you'll have to ride it out since jumping from 17mg cold turkey is almost guaranteed to cause withdrawals.

Go to Survivingantidepressants.com page and create thread there. Admins saw multiple cases as yours and underwent their own withdrawals. They'll be able to guide you.

In the meantime try some bag breathing to calm yourself as much as possible.
I don't have a syringe to do that unfortunately.. I'll post a topic on there.

CoconutEffect

People are getting off benzodiazepines by microdosing Amanita Muscaria mushroom,

see Amanita Dreamer on YouTube and her forum

johnwester130

Lifestyle is important too

living in the mountains or by a beach is hugely important

get out of the cities

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Lifestyle is important too

living in the mountains or by a beach is hugely important

get out of the cities
Why does the Ativan work less effectively after my cold turkey? The niacinamide gave me weird brain effects and stopped working after an hour, giving me tensions..

johnwester130

Why does the Ativan work less effectively after my cold turkey? The niacinamide gave me weird brain effects and stopped working after an hour, giving me tensions..

because the "receptors" build up tolerance . so you need more and more to make the drug effective following your cold turkey.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

because the "receptors" build up tolerance . so you need more and more to make the drug effective following your cold turkey.
Why did the cold turkey cause the receptors to build up tolerance? Shouldn't they be sensitized to the benzo after cold turkeying?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

dont forget to eat carbs with niacinamide
I'm taking an antipsychotic and I think the niacinamide detoxifies it out of the cells through the cyp450 enzyme causing the weird feeling in the brain.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Is there any way to resensitize the gaba receptors for the drugs to work? To reverse the tolerance?