Wagner83

Usually, you can get the same androgenic effects from a weaker substance by simply increasing the dose. The older studies that compared androsterone to T and DHT found that it can fully match the effects of T/DHT but with a dose 5-7 times higher. So, if adamantane allows less androsterone to produce the same effects with a lower dose you can probably match the androgenic effects of T/DHT with a "regular" dose androsterone (5mg) and combining with Diamant. I don't know how admantane + androsterone compared to DMSO + androsterone as fewer studies on steroids have been done with adamantane. But it is known to enhance the effects and reduce the effective dose of every chemical it was tried with so far, so at the very least we can say it is an option for people who do not want to use DMSO but still want some form of potentiation.
Ok so when you say it should be as androgenic, would that mean that whatever the substance used (androsterone, dht, T) , muscles should feel harder and be stronger, water retention should be less, voice deeper, depression reduced, anogenital distance maxxed out ? I have a hard time understanding how a different substance would yield the same results; my question is: by which reliable and measurable markers is "androgenic" defined?
I'll be curious to hear about your results if you try to compare adamantane vs dmso combination.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ok so when you say it should be as androgenic, would that mean that whatever the substance used (androsterone, dht, T) , muscles should feel harder and be stronger, water retention should be less, voice deeper, depression reduced, anogenital distance maxxed out ? I have a hard time understanding how a different substance would yield the same results; my question is: by which reliable and measurable markers is "androgenic" defined?
I'll be curious to hear about your results if you try to compare adamantane vs dmso combination.

Androgenic is defined by increase in weight of prostate and seminal vesicles in rats and comb in roosters. Those measures are pretty objective as far as androgenicity goes, and by those measures a higher dose androsterone can fully match the effects of T or even DHT. The adamantane and DMSO comparisons would not be easy or fair because DMSO excels topically while adamantane orally. It will have to be an injection study so that both formulations have access to the cells and blood directly. I don't have the setup to do it in the USA so I will try to do it in Europe when I visit this summer.

denise

Some thoughts about Diamant sleep (for me):
- Diamant has no effects that I can tell, either for/against; if I'm going to have insomnia, I'm going to have it, whether i use Diamant or not.
- It has no discernable effect on dreaming (@Vinero expressed this concern earlier) - although of course I can't definitively say that it has no effect on REM, it hasn't changed my dreaming in any noticeable way.
- A few times in the last week I've woken up feeling incredibly groggy, and I couldn't figure out why. Finally last night (as I got up to get some doxy because I had insomnia again), I realized that I'd been using my usual amount of doxy for insomnia (half a pill, whatever that works out to) at the same time I was using about 10 mg Diamant before bed. The Diamant was definitely turbocharging it. Fortunately, I realized this before last night's dose, so I took only 1/4 pill, and it worked great, and I didn't wake up as stupefied. (Now that I think about it, the doxy has been kicking in more quickly over the last week too--it definitely worked faster than expected last night.)

katiekeen

Diamant is great stuff, awesome mood, heaps of motivation, greatly anti-serotonin.
Strange side effect: sneezing fits, blocked stuffy nose. It feels like histamine? Could this be "die off" because of anti bacterial/anti viral properties?
Stopped Diamant because of this and the sneezing, blocked nose stopped. Started Diamant again and same results.
What could be at play here? Thanks

TubZy

Diamant is great stuff, awesome mood, heaps of motivation, greatly anti-serotonin.
Strange side effect: sneezing fits, blocked stuffy nose. It feels like histamine? Could this be "die off" because of anti bacterial/anti viral properties?
Stopped Diamant because of this and the sneezing, blocked nose stopped. Started Diamant again and same results.
What could be at play here? Thanks

I had a similar issue except my lymph nodes kept swelling after I took it but I felt good none the less. I think it was die off but have no idea of verifying. When I took mine I did it with 5a-DHP.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Is there any problem for a rat taking a third of a dose of Diamant simultaneously with a half dose of metergoline, a third of a dose of mitolipin, vitamin a 20,000 Iu and a third of a dose of energin?

My concern is that it might lower stress hormones too acutely and cause unwanted side effects such as low libido from driving estrogen too low or aching joints from driving cortisol too low. I'm also concerned if there are any potential harmful interactions I'm not aware of.

The reason for the combination is said rat had a rather intense wedding over the weekend and is trying to recover. :sweatsmile:

whodathunkit

I had a similar issue except my lymph nodes kept swelling after I took it but I felt good none the less. I think it was die off but have no idea of verifying.
It's anti-viral so if there are unknown viral infections present, it may cause problems. It causes viral die-off symptoms for me except in very low dose, and that's my (unverifiable) conclusion.

Other thing is this gives me headaches, aside from any die-off type reaction. Even regular very low dose use (not enough to cause an acute reaction) gives me low-grade headaches. They're not constant but they come and go and feel almost like hangover headaches. Headaches are not something I typically get. When I stop taking the Diamont entirely for a few days they go away.

Fantix

Could it be possible that the adamantane potentiates the already included tocopherols?

TubZy

It's anti-viral so if there are unknown viral infections present, it may cause problems. It causes viral die-off symptoms for me except in very low dose, and that's my (unverifiable) conclusion.

Other thing is this gives me headaches, aside from any die-off type reaction. Even regular very low dose use (not enough to cause an acute reaction) gives me low-grade headaches. They're not constant but they come and go and feel almost like hangover headaches. Headaches are not something I typically get. When I stop taking the Diamont entirely for a few days they go away.

I though viral infections don't cause die off? Since the virus gets suppressed rather than actually killed like bacteria does which would cause an increase in inflammation.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Some thoughts about Diamant sleep (for me):
- Diamant has no effects that I can tell, either for/against; if I'm going to have insomnia, I'm going to have it, whether i use Diamant or not.
- It has no discernable effect on dreaming (@Vinero expressed this concern earlier) - although of course I can't definitively say that it has no effect on REM, it hasn't changed my dreaming in any noticeable way.
- A few times in the last week I've woken up feeling incredibly groggy, and I couldn't figure out why. Finally last night (as I got up to get some doxy because I had insomnia again), I realized that I'd been using my usual amount of doxy for insomnia (half a pill, whatever that works out to) at the same time I was using about 10 mg Diamant before bed. The Diamant was definitely turbocharging it. Fortunately, I realized this before last night's dose, so I took only 1/4 pill, and it worked great, and I didn't wake up as stupefied. (Now that I think about it, the doxy has been kicking in more quickly over the last week too--it definitely worked faster than expected last night.)

I would use adamantane in the morning if possible. Based on published evidence and exchanges I had over email with some scientists studying it, the chemical seems powerfully dopaminergic and as such should be taken earlier in the day (just like dopamine agonists) to avoid circadian rhythm issues.
Adapromine - Wikipedia
"...Electroencephalography (EEG) studies of animals suggest that adapromine and related adamantanes including amantadine, bromantane (1-amino-2-bromophenyladamantane), and memantine have psychostimulant-like and possibly antidepressant-like effects, and that these effects may be mediated via catecholaminergic processes.[8][9][10][11] These psychostimulant effects differ qualitatively from those of conventional psychostimulants like amphetamine however, and the adamantane derivatives have been described contrarily as "adaptogens" and as "actoprotectors".[12] In 2004, it was discovered that amantadine and memantine bind to and act as agonists of the σ1 receptor (Ki = 7.44 µM and 2.60 µM, respectively) and that activation of the σ1 receptor is involved in the dopaminergic effects of amantadine at therapeutically relevant concentrations.[13] These findings might also extend to the other adamantanes such as adapromine, rimantadine, and bromantane and could explain the psychostimulant-like effects of this family of compounds."

Amantadine is probably the most stimulating of the bunch and it is simply adamantane with a single amino group at position 1 (full name is 1-amino-adamantane). So, it is basically a slightly more water soluble adamantane but all other effects should be identical as that single amino group does not change much (if anything) in terms of biochemical effects.
So, admantane should be treated as an adaptogen/actoprotector and as such probably best suited for improving handling of stress and increasing endurance, which means taken in the morning just like the more famous adaptogen bromantane is recommended for use.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I had a similar issue except my lymph nodes kept swelling after I took it but I felt good none the less. I think it was die off but have no idea of verifying. When I took mine I did it with 5a-DHP.

In that case it is much more likely for this to be due to the 5a-DHP as a few people reported these effects from progesterone and 5a-DHP use, especially in higher doses.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is there any problem for a rat taking a third of a dose of Diamant simultaneously with a half dose of metergoline, a third of a dose of mitolipin, vitamin a 20,000 Iu and a third of a dose of energin?

My concern is that it might lower stress hormones too acutely and cause unwanted side effects such as low libido from driving estrogen too low or aching joints from driving cortisol too low. I'm also concerned if there are any potential harmful interactions I'm not aware of.

The reason for the combination is said rat had a rather intense wedding over the weekend and is trying to recover. :sweatsmile:

I would not combine all of these together. If admantane is indeed an actoprotector like the link above from Wikipedia hints, then used on its own should be enough. I would not use more than 5mg - 10mg daily and stay at the dose for at least 2 weeks to allow for acclimatization. Similar recommendations are given for bromantane and memantine.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

See my post above on dopaminergic effects of adamantane and its derivatives. Headaches are the mos common side effects of any substance with pro-dopamine effects. Topical dose every other day or as needed on very stressful days should help reduce side effects.

TubZy

In that case it is much more likely for this to be due to the 5a-DHP as a few people reported these effects from progesterone and 5a-DHP use, especially in higher doses.

What is the mechanism behind that from progesterone and 5a-DHP to interact lymph nodes ?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Could it be possible that the adamantane potentiates the already included tocopherols?

The tocoherols are already pretty lipophillic and enter the cell easily but adamantane could make tocopherol uptake even more efficient. So, the estrogen antagonism and aromatase inhibition of tocopherols may be enhanced by adamantane.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What is the mechanism behind that from progesterone and 5a-DHP to interact lymph nodes ?

Don't know. Peat said once it could be from immune system activation from progesterone. Some people got this from MB as well, which is a known anti-viral. So, it could be due to die-off or simply ramped up immune activity against pathogens or cellular debris, which we carry with us at all times.

whodathunkit

See my post above on dopaminergic effects of adamantane and its derivatives. Headaches are the mos common side effects of any substance with pro-dopamine effects. Topical dose every other day or as needed on very stressful days should help reduce side effects.
Thanks, haidut. I wondered a little bit about a reaction to extra dopamine but didn't realize headaches could be such a big deal side effect. The day of the killer headache (and nausea) I was incorporating another dopamine boosting strategy. Yow, it was something. I thought maybe it was antiviral activity (which I don't really know much about, @TubZy) but the "too much dopamine" hypothesis fits really well for me.

So maybe I don't need any extra dopamine. LOL

denise

I would use adamantane in the morning if possible. Based on published evidence and exchanges I had over email with some scientists studying it, the chemical seems powerfully dopaminergic and as such should be taken earlier in the day (just like dopamine agonists) to avoid circadian rhythm issues.
Okay, I'll switch things up and see how it feels. The reason I switched to taking it before bed was because I didn't want to have to watch my caffeine intake in the morning. But I can deal with that, especially as I'm thinking about moving to EOD on this anyway.

satsumass

Forum Supporter
Brief report on scrotum / testicle application. More noticeable because I climaxed an hour before application and usually libido dead and no erection for many hours. Applied 7 or so drops diament to scrotum, rubbed in and all around pubic skin and penis. It's now one hour later, raging libido and erection potential. Would be interested hearing if others experience similar.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Brief report on scrotum / testicle application. More noticeable because I climaxed an hour before application and usually libido dead and no erection for many hours. Applied 7 or so drops diament to scrotum, rubbed in and all around pubic skin and penis. It's now one hour later, raging libido and erection potential. Would be interested hearing if others experience similar.

Nice, thanks for reporting! I guess the dopaminergic effect is suppressing the prolactin even though vitamin E may also have good effects...down there.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals