OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think my rat likes this stuff. It arrived on what is typically the toughest day of the month for her, and a night that she typically doesn't get good sleep. But she did that night.

The subsequent two days are usually the 2nd and 3rd toughest days of the month, and they've been appreciably less tougher than is typical. Seems like decreased symptoms of high cortisol in particular. Symptoms of high cortisol have been present for a very long time, around this time of the month.

She's not noticing any increased hunger, and in fact like someone else in this thread noted, is experiencing increased satiety instead.

First day she took the full dose, second and third days (third day being today) around 12 drops. Starting tomorrow will probably be 6-10 drops for a few days, then start staggering the dose to about 4x/week so as not to build up tolerance.

@haidut, do you consider that this is something that can help fix a rat's physiology and then be tapered off once optimal health is achieved? That's my plan for this, if all goes well. That you know of, are there any studies on the effects of long term use?

Great feedback, thanks! I think admantane has structural stabilizing role like pregnenolone and progesterone and also anti-glucocorticoid effects similar to coconut oil (which Ray already mentioned). The more lipophillic the cell (which adamantane should result in) the harder it is for less lipophillic steroids like estrogen, cortisol and aldosterone to get in and exert their effects.
I think doses of up to the full daily dose (20 drops) can be used for a few weeks to stabilize things and then taper off gradually to the point of only taking say 10 drops before bed after an especially stressful day, or even soon after a very stressful event.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is this similar to MitoLipin in that it helps to restore the overall structure and metabolism of the cell?

Would the combination of Diamant and Mitolipin enhance the effect of either?

Yes, that is my understanding. I think MitoLipin has more direct effects on cardiolipin but in general anything that gets the cell more lipophillic probably works along the same general lines, and Diamant and MitoLipin both do.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'll have to revisit this review when I have more info, so bear with me. I started on Diamant just over a week ago. What I noticed about 2 days after I started was that my Achilles tendonitis pain was gone. Not decreased, completely gone. Usually, the first step out of bed in the morning is painful, but not anymore. The reason why I am not sure 100% if Diamant is the reason is because I started Metergoline on the same day. As of today, I'm stopping Diamant for a week to see what happens. I'll even try running for a bit to see if the increased impact in the area brings the pain back. Stay tuned.

Wow, amazing! Thanks for sharing and please update when you have more info.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This stuff is definitely anti serotonin. I used way too much methylene blue* the other day and felt like crap for hours (nauseous, dizzy, headache, depressed thoughts:(). Took 20 drops of diamant and within the hour I felt back to normal! :cool:

Also I noticed that when taking diamant for a few days, I will have this weird clear gel come out of my nose with white spirals suspended in it. If I stop taking it the stuff stops coming out. No idea what it could be...

*Sidenote: I was peeing green but then this morning was peeing blue so I guess I maxed out the oxidation effects of the MB and entered the negative response dosage.

Great, thanks for the feedback! I also noticed the anti-serotonin effects as it seems to negate irritating effects of alcohol or spicy food on the gut, which is mostly due to serotonin.
Btw, peeing both green or blue still means most of the MB is getting excreted in oxidized form. When it is dully reduced the pee is clear, not green. Green means there is a little blue which when mixed with the yellow pee became green. Solid blue means most/all of the MB gets excreted oxidized, so you either maxed out the redox system or MB simply did not get absorbed into tissues and kidneys excreted it unchanged. Good news is that in unchanged form it has anti-pathogen effects when passing through the kidneys unchanged.

jaa

Looking forward to trying this. What's the source of the linement-y smell?

whodathunkit

I think doses of up to the full daily dose (20 drops) can be used for a few weeks to stabilize things and then taper off gradually to the point of only taking say 10 drops before bed after an especially stressful day, or even soon after a very stressful event.
Thanks. Have you tried (or are you doing) this?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks. Have you tried (or are you doing) this?

Yes, when I was experimenting with it before releasing the product. By now there quite a few anti-stress tools among our products so I don't always use the same one. For blocking stress and serotonin there is StressNon, Pansterone, androsterone, MB, cyproheptadine, Lapodin, the thyroid products, 5a-DHP, and now Diamant. I think pretty much all of our products have an anti-stress effect, some more so than others and using the optimal one would depend on the situation and availability. Some people do not react well to this or that chemical so it helps to have more than one option. But I like Diamant since it seems to be one of the products with very few potential side effects.

CoconutEffect

Yes, when I was experimenting with it before releasing the product. By now there quite a few anti-stress tools among our products so I don't always use the same one. For blocking stress and serotonin there is StressNon, Pansterone, androsterone, MB, cyproheptadine, Lapodin, the thyroid products, 5a-DHP, and now Diamant. I think pretty much all of our products have an anti-stress effect, some more so than others and using the optimal one would depend on the situation and availability. Some people do not react well to this or that chemical so it helps to have more than one option. But I like Diamant since it seems to be one of the products with very few potential side effects.

I can't seem to take this orally without indigestion. Even when putting in an empty capsule and swallowing that.

So I take 10 drops 2x a day on the wrists 12 hours apart. Is the full dose 20 drops, whether orally or topically? Is a higher dose advisable when used topically?

benefits
- seems to help with benzodiazepine dependence, seems to stave off half life withdrawal. klonopoin is the only drug that has been a consisently effective mood stabilizer for me. it would be perfect if not for the tolerance issue.
^ if this continues to be the case, I will buy all the adamantane .

- also significantly better finger nail growth

Diamant + 5adhp @haidut ,thank you brother

whodathunkit

Update:

Now that I'm out of the "worst three days" of the month, when high cortisol is very undesirable, I'm noticing some not beneficial effects that I think are due to the adamantane. I've had sleep disturbances for the past couple nights, and this morning woke up at 4a and couldn't get back to sleep. Hearkens back to adrenal fatigue days.

My mood also is not so great. It seemed a bit more volatile than usual during the worst three days, when I was taking the higher dose, but volatility is not unexpected during that time so I couldn't necessarily ascribe that to adamantane. Typically, though, I'm feeling better and much more stable by now. But instead I'm feeling kind of depressed and unmotivated. Little despondent and flat. Not anxious or antsy or stressed, just kind of low-level and almost resignedly unhappy.

Historically I've had a checkered history with things that raise dopamine...initial good reaction then not so much. When younger I enjoyed the mood-boosting effects of drugs like LSD and cocaine but often got depressed after coming down. It's been a loooooong time but it seems like what's happening now is similar to that old feeling.

I didn't really notice any mood boosting effects when taking a higher amount of adamantane...the good effects for me seemed to be more physical and related to cortisol suppression. Which in the context of the worst three days was actually pretty huge. But now it's not.

I'm also getting some minor chronic headaches for the past couple days, which is very unusual. I've had one since I woke up earlier. Headaches aren't even on the list of symptoms I'd compile if someone asked me what I want to fix about my health. Except for today, o'course.

I reduced dose after the worst three days because I've had adrenal fatigue for a long time and am suspicious of what it might mean that this substance "clears" through the adrenal glands. In the past I have tested chronically low cortisol (like, flatlined throughout the day), although for the last few years judging by mood and energy that hasn't been a problem. I'm afraid it could be again, though, if I don't treat my adrenals well.

I think this question was asked upthread but I'll ask again: does anyone know what it might mean that this "clears" through the adrenals?

Not much out there on the side effects of adamantane itself, but Drugs.com says to use the derivative amantadine cautiously with anticholinergics (for me, coffee has a very strong anti-cholinergic effect) as it may intensify anti-cholinergic effects. Other anticholinergics like huperzine combined with coffee have treated me poorly in the past. I'm not drinking much coffee but it's the only way I can take gelatin without gagging, plus I love the taste, so I'd rather keep up with my bitty cup of coffee than worry about possible interaction with admantane.

I was interested in adamantane more for the potential cell stabilizing effects and what that might mean for mood stability but this doesn't seem to be panning out as a daily supp for me. I'm afraid to experiment more aggressively with this because we don't really know anything about its effects on the adrenal glands and I can't afford any big destabilizations to recover from at this point in time.

I may circle back around later or even try this as a prn strategy for stress or the "worst three days", but between what I"m experiencing now and what I read about the sides of the derivative adamantine, no daily or any kind of regular use for me at this time. If that changes I'll update again.

Last edited:

Pointless

Update:

Now that I'm out of the "worst three days" of the month, when high cortisol is very undesirable, I'm noticing some not beneficial effects that I think are due to the adamantane. I've had sleep disturbances for the past couple nights, and this morning woke up at 4a and couldn't get back to sleep. Hearkens back to adrenal fatigue days.

My mood also is not so great. It seemed a bit more volatile than usual during the worst three days, when I was taking the higher dose, but volatility is not unexpected during that time so I couldn't necessarily ascribe that to adamantane. Typically, though, I'm feeling better and much more stable by now. But instead I'm feeling kind of depressed and unmotivated. Little despondent and flat. Not anxious or antsy or stressed, just kind of low-level and almost resignedly unhappy.

Historically I've had a checkered history with things that raise dopamine...initial good reaction then not so much. When younger I enjoyed the mood-boosting effects of drugs like LSD and cocaine but often got depressed after coming down. It's been a loooooong time but it seems like what's happening now is similar to that old feeling.

I didn't really notice any mood boosting effects when taking a higher amount of adamantane...the good effects for me seemed to be more physical and related to cortisol suppression. Which in the context of the worst three days was actually pretty huge. But now it's not.

I'm also getting some minor chronic headaches for the past couple days, which is very unusual. I've had one since I woke up earlier. Headaches aren't even on the list of symptoms I'd compile if someone asked me what I want to fix about my health. Except for today, o'course.

I reduced dose after the worst three days because I've had adrenal fatigue for a long time and am suspicious of what it might mean that this substance "clears" through the adrenal glands. In the past I have tested chronically low cortisol (like, flatlined throughout the day), although for the last few years judging by mood and energy that hasn't been a problem. I'm afraid it could be again, though, if I don't treat my adrenals well.

I think this question was asked upthread but I'll ask again: does anyone know what it might mean that this "clears" through the adrenals?

Not much out there on the side effects of adamantane itself, but Drugs.com says to use the derivative amantadine cautiously with anticholinergics (for me, coffee has a very strong anti-cholinergic effect) as it may intensify anti-cholinergic effects. Other anticholinergics like huperzine combined with coffee have treated me poorly in the past. I'm not drinking much coffee but it's the only way I can take gelatin without gagging, plus I love the taste, so I'd rather keep up with my bitty cup of coffee than worry about possible interaction with admantane.

I was interested in adamantane more for the potential cell stabilizing effects and what that might mean for mood stability but this doesn't seem to be panning out as a daily supp for me. I'm afraid to experiment more aggressively with this because we don't really know anything about its effects on the adrenal glands and I can't afford any big destabilizations to recover from at this point in time.

I may circle back around later or even try this as a prn strategy for stress or the "worst three days", but between what I"m experiencing now and what I read about the sides of the derivative adamantine, no daily or any kind of regular use for me at this time. If that changes I'll update again.

It seems to inhibit the enzyme that creates cortisol in the adrenal glands. The "clearing" means that the adrenal glands chemically modify the adamantane so that it can be eliminated from the body, though there is some confusion about whether this applies to the adamantane or just it's pharmaceutical derivatives.

whodathunkit

The "clearing" means that the adrenal glands chemically modify the adamantane so that it can be eliminated from the body,
Right. I understand that. But *how* do they modify adamantane for excretion, and is it long-term harmful to the adrenals to perform this unaccustomed action? Also, is the inhibition of cortisol problematic in the long term, especially for someone who has experienced low cortisol and adrenal exhaustion in the past? Those are my questions and the primary reasons I'm not going to use the Diamont daily.

TubZy

Does diamant have tlr4 antagonist properties? I.e. for upper digestive tract infections, receding gums etc.

Could if cover a lot of the areas that the carrot salad does? From the research, it looks like it can.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I can't seem to take this orally without indigestion. Even when putting in an empty capsule and swallowing that.

So I take 10 drops 2x a day on the wrists 12 hours apart. Is the full dose 20 drops, whether orally or topically? Is a higher dose advisable when used topically?

benefits
- seems to help with benzodiazepine dependence, seems to stave off half life withdrawal. klonopoin is the only drug that has been a consisently effective mood stabilizer for me. it would be perfect if not for the tolerance issue.
^ if this continues to be the case, I will buy all the adamantane .

- also significantly better finger nail growth

Diamant + 5adhp @haidut ,thank you brother

I think if you leave on the skin for a few hours the absorption would be much higher. But given the oiliness, not many people want to do that. The oral vs. topical route depends on need and effects. As explain in other threads, topical may lead to lower absorption but longer half life and it is hard to say what has more benefits - high concentration from oral use or longer half life from topical use.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Update:

Thanks, this is actually great feedback as it adds evidence to its anticholinergic, dopaminergic, and anti-glutamate effects. I suppose lower dose can be tried or used sporadically. Like any supplement, even something as "boring" as niacinamide there is an adaptation of the liver to its metabolism and Peat's suggestion to cycle most supplements seems to ring true for this one as well.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Right. I understand that. But *how* do they modify adamantane for excretion, and is it long-term harmful to the adrenals to perform this unaccustomed action? Also, is the inhibition of cortisol problematic in the long term, especially for someone who has experienced low cortisol and adrenal exhaustion in the past? Those are my questions and the primary reasons I'm not going to use the Diamont daily.

I am not aware of any long term side effects, on adrenals or other organs/tissues, from adamantane derivative use. Drugs like memantine are commonly used for decades for AD and Parkinson and none such events have been reported. Does not mean caution is not advised, but in general anti-glucocorticoid substances that act on 11b-HSD1 are not known for long term side effects. Hence the use of emodin for diabetes and Cushing in China.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Does diamant have tlr4 antagonist properties? I.e. for upper digestive tract infections, receding gums etc.

Could if cover a lot of the areas that the carrot salad does? From the research, it looks like it can.

Like you said - there is evidence that it can but it has not really been tried in humans. I think something like progesterone and vitamin D can work very well for periodontal issues and I posted studies about that. Here is the one about progesterone.
Progesterone modulates the proliferation and differentiation of human periodontal ligament cells. - PubMed - NCBI

grabster

I have taken orally everyday for three weeks. First two weeks 6 drops (10mg) in the AM and 6 drops in the PM. Most recent week only 6 to 10 drops in the PM.

Scent of adamantane is very interesting, minty and earthy, kind of herbal. I like the taste of the adamantane burp I get 10 minutes after ingestion.

I initially noticed that it made me very warm and relaxed with strong pulse. Seems to come in occasional waves.

Definitely increases bowel frequency. Been going twice a day, and they feel like more complete movements (similar to the day after I take bitter melon). Used to go once a day. Raw carrot is not visible in my stool anymore, like it is getting broken down more.

My thoughts seem more free and I have been more imaginitive. Reminds me of when I was younger. I feel like I can keep slightly more on my mind at the same time. My mind dwells on a topic for a little longer before getting distracted. I think it is helping with my ability to converse with people. I spend less time thinking about what I'm going to say; words seem to come out more naturally. These mental improvements have been slight, but definitely noticeable. I am pretty sure it is the adamantae, but I am also going through some life changes (moving to different city, different project at work). Hoping these effects keep improving.

Also I think I might have more feeling sensitivity in my fingers and toes.

Recently woke up laughing because I had an entertaining dream. That is something that used to happen to me a lot when I was younger, wish it happened every night.

The scent does seem to be getting less strong as I get to the end of the bottle, as another user noticed.

Last edited:

Drareg

This is an interesting base to start with and add other supplements a few hours later,my rat was taking k2 after diamant and it potentiated the effect,my rats jaw muscles and even around rat ears could be flexed more,could lift rat ears back and in. Tried same experiment next day with B1 after diamant,was very positive for me.
My rat took 200 of theanine with this and it was very relaxing,50-100mg if theanine would be enough in this case imo. Half a dose of diamant is enough in this case.

What you mention about it stabilising the cell and limiting the amount of stress hormones that get in makes sense with my rats experience,it seems to be potentiating additional supplements,if anyone is interested,start your rats supplement with this about 2 hours before then add supplements to it and see if you get more effect.
Toolbox top shelf for now,not something to take everyday,its potent as usual with your supplements,thanks for giving us an opportunity to explore this Haidut.

Constatine

This is an interesting base to start with and add other supplements a few hours later,my rat was taking k2 after diamant and it potentiated the effect,my rats jaw muscles and even around rat ears could be flexed more,could lift rat ears back and in. Tried same experiment next day with B1 after diamant,was very positive for me.
My rat took 200 of theanine with this and it was very relaxing,50-100mg if theanine would be enough in this case imo. Half a dose of diamant is enough in this case.

What you mention about it stabilising the cell and limiting the amount of stress hormones that get in makes sense with my rats experience,it seems to be potentiating additional supplements,if anyone is interested,start your rats supplement with this about 2 hours before then add supplements to it and see if you get more effect.
Toolbox top shelf for now,not something to take everyday,its potent as usual with your supplements,thanks for giving us an opportunity to explore this Haidut.
It definitely potentiates vitamin k for me as well. In my experience the topical method is much more.potent than orally.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals