Still have two main questions. A) are there any studies that use adamantane itself and don't simply talk about it as a molecular skeleton attached to other molecules and B) what is the significance of the fat solubility and interaction with other meds. How much in practice does it potentiate other meds?
Does anyone have thoughts on this?

jmojo

Peat was recently talking about how Memantine had been previously used as an effective and non damaging antiviral medication. @haidut do you have any ideas on how adamantane could theoretically be used for treating a viral infection?

@haidut how intense do you think the interaction btwn diamant and pharmaceuticals like cyproheptadine is?

I have read some of the papers and I realize its lipophilic properties could increase absorption of other things but have no idea how that plays out in practice

Also, have you tried bromantane , and if so, how does it compare to pure adamantane ?

Nokoni

Haidut, how long/much does the accumulation of adamantane amount to? I’m trying to work our optimum doses as I don’t want it to accumulate too much over time, but I don’t want to take some haphazard ‘day on/day off’ uneducated guess approach either. Thanks!
If you took one mg every day for 100 years it would still never get as high as a single dose of 2 mg. It's truly nothing to worry about. The whole notion of stuff building up is really kind of silly.

If something has a half-life of one day, and you take 1 mg daily, then on day one the highest amount you have in your body is 1 mg – your first dose. The next day you add your daily 1 mg. At that point you have 1 mg from today and 1/2 mg still hanging around from yesterday, so the highest amount you have in your body on day two is 1.5 mg. The next day you add another 1 mg. So you have the 1 mg from that new day plus 0.75 mg (1/2 of 1.5 mg) of what you had yesterday, so your body has no more than 1.75 mg that day. The series you have to add up is 1 + 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 and so on for as many days as you've been taking it. When you converge it all the way to infinity, it adds up to 2. So if you take 1 mg every day your body will always be ever-so-slightly less than 2 mg. If you take 5 mg every day the series converges on 10 mg. You can easily prove it to yourself with a spreadsheet.

Nothing, no matter what the half life, can ever just keep building up. It will converge to an asymptote. As a practical matter if you take the same amount for a week and you feel good, you'll always feel just as good with your usual daily dose. The idea that stuff will just keep building up forever is foolishness.

The half life of adamantane was estimated to be 12 to 16 hours, so the asymptote for adamantane is much less than 2. Try a dose you want to test, stick with it for a week, and how it makes you feel by then is how it will always feel, other things equal.

Sorry for the rant, but this whole notion of "building up" is all over the forum and it's basically innumeracy. Same with Oxidal, which is estimated to have a half life of 30 hours. That was a little trickier to tease out but I posted the answer there. Took more math to work out but I think my explanation went sailing over all heads. Likely this one will too :) But bottom line is that it's not an issue.

golder

No, I really appreciate that detail a lot, thank you - you've helped me grasp that as well as I can.

Nokoni

No, I really appreciate that detail a lot, thank you - you've helped me grasp that as well as I can.
Thanks man. Didn't mean to target you but everyone wants this information, and vague notions of "build up" is no answer at all. People may be avoiding good products that could possibly help them – bad for vendors and consumers both. BTW, Diamant is an incredible supplement. Just wow. The only issue I've found is that it interferes with my sleep, but I'm working on it.

It passed by today, it must have been a mild stomach bug. I took only 3 drops orally, as I have a blood test tomorrow.
It's. might be due to vitamin-e - I had issues with it too and many others reported the same. Sensitive GI-tracts can. react to it.

Peater

It's. might be due to vitamin-e - I had issues with it too and many others reported the same. Sensitive GI-tracts can. react to it.

I see, thanks Vladimir. After a couple of weeks of intermittent use, I was able to use it without nausea, but I stick to topical administration.

golder

If you took one mg every day for 100 years it would still never get as high as a single dose of 2 mg. It's truly nothing to worry about. The whole notion of stuff building up is really kind of silly.

If something has a half-life of one day, and you take 1 mg daily, then on day one the highest amount you have in your body is 1 mg – your first dose. The next day you add your daily 1 mg. At that point you have 1 mg from today and 1/2 mg still hanging around from yesterday, so the highest amount you have in your body on day two is 1.5 mg. The next day you add another 1 mg. So you have the 1 mg from that new day plus 0.75 mg (1/2 of 1.5 mg) of what you had yesterday, so your body has no more than 1.75 mg that day. The series you have to add up is 1 + 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 and so on for as many days as you've been taking it. When you converge it all the way to infinity, it adds up to 2. So if you take 1 mg every day your body will always be ever-so-slightly less than 2 mg. If you take 5 mg every day the series converges on 10 mg. You can easily prove it to yourself with a spreadsheet.

Nothing, no matter what the half life, can ever just keep building up. It will converge to an asymptote. As a practical matter if you take the same amount for a week and you feel good, you'll always feel just as good with your usual daily dose. The idea that stuff will just keep building up forever is foolishness.

The half life of adamantane was estimated to be 12 to 16 hours, so the asymptote for adamantane is much less than 2. Try a dose you want to test, stick with it for a week, and how it makes you feel by then is how it will always feel, other things equal.

Sorry for the rant, but this whole notion of "building up" is all over the forum and it's basically innumeracy. Same with Oxidal, which is estimated to have a half life of 30 hours. That was a little trickier to tease out but I posted the answer there. Took more math to work out but I think my explanation went sailing over all heads. Likely this one will too :) But bottom line is that it's not an issue.

Given how methodical and thorough your approach is, I would be curious to dosage, frequency and timing of Diamant you use? Also would be interesting to how you manipulate it to not infringe on your sleep. Thanks for your input!

Nokoni

Given how methodical and thorough your approach is, I would be curious to dosage, frequency and timing of Diamant you use? Also would be interesting to how you manipulate it to not infringe on your sleep. Thanks for your input!
Still early days here, maybe a week (though I used it briefly some time ago). This morning I took 8 drops – 5 oral, and 1 each on my knee, the other knee, and my lower back. I take it daily and only in the morning. I love the effects, but if I add an afternoon pick-me-up dose I would imagine the sleep issue would become that much worse.

On sleep, today I stopped taking both Deprenyl and Lisuride, and I cut my dose of NDT in half, but all things are subject to daily fluctuation right now. Before bed I take cypro, theanine, lithium, and a small dose of another sleep aid that will remain nameless, and that is banned because it was once used by some degenerate to improve his chances of having his way with whatever winsome lass had captured his eye, instead of using the tried, true, approved, and way more fun method of a nice wine, conversation in dulcet tones, and a good meal in a candle-lit Italian restaurant. I had also been taking famotidine, an H2 antagonist, which I liked quite well, but an apparently rare side effect is blurry vision, which I got so I had to drop it.

Every day is a new experiment :)

Charger

Is there something similar to Diamant that doesn't lower cortisol? I seem to be sensitive to things that lower cortisol, they make me feel apathetic. Otherwise, I like Diamant.

Charger

Is there something similar to Diamant that doesn't lower cortisol? I seem to be sensitive to things that lower cortisol, they make me feel apathetic. Otherwise, I like Diamant.

Disregard this post for now (can't edit), I need more time with it before coming to conclusions about anything. I've only had two days with this, but I've since had to press my snooze button in the morning, which is similar to what happens when I take glycine consistently, it just lowers cortisol too much, or atleast I assume that's what is going on.

My little experience with 10 drops around 4am before work:
+ Improves focus and drive greatly.
+ Suppresses appetite for me/no desire to snack out of stress.
+ No longer feel "stuck in my head" throughout the day, feel present.
+ Everything seems more vivid and brighter, feeling more optimistic.
+ Higher libido.
- Seems to reduce deep sleep, I'm alert throughout the day but can tell that my sleep isn't optimal. If this supplement had an on/off button it would be perfect. I dunno if there are supplements that would pair well with this to offset the stimulating effects in the evening.
- Not sure if it's the adaptation I've read about, but I'm definitely having trouble recalling less-than-important information that I otherwise wouldn't have an issue with, recalling the name of a song for example. This could be due to reduced quality of sleep, though.

Currently taking this with Pansterone, curious to see what other supplements stack well with it.

Makes me very calm too, to the point of annoying people around me with how little I get disturbed by situations that drive others nuts. So, not sure if that last part if very good if you work/live around stressed people :):

Admittedly, this is one of the reasons I don't necessarily prefer the relaxing effects of some of these supplements. I work in construction around very high-strung people, not even being able to appear stressed out almost comes across as offensive at times. Not that I have a desire to be stressed, but these supplements put me in a very "Why are you people bitching so much, it's not that serious" state of mind.

Last edited:
Disregard this post for now (can't edit), I need more time with it before coming to conclusions about anything. I've only had two days with this, but I've since had to press my snooze button in the morning, which is similar to what happens when I take glycine consistently, it just lowers cortisol too much, or atleast I assume that's what is going on.

+ Higher libido.
- Seems to reduce deep sleep, I'm alert throughout the day but can tell that my sleep isn't optimal. If this supplement had an on/off button it would be perfect. I dunno if there are supplements that would pair well with this to offset the stimulating effects in the evening.
- Not sure if it's the adaptation I've read about, but I'm definitely having trouble recalling less-than-important information that I otherwise wouldn't have an issue with, recalling the name of a song for example. This could be due to reduced quality of sleep, though.

Currently taking this with Pansterone, curious to see what other supplements stack well with it.

Admittedly, this is one of the reasons I don't necessarily prefer the relaxing effects of some of these supplements. I work in construction around very high-strung people, not even being able to appear stressed out almost comes across as offensive at times. Not that I have a desire to be stressed, but these supplements put me in a very "Why are you people bitching so much, it's not that serious."
I stacked it with cypro - it wasn't bad, but I didn't feel the full effect of Diamant as itwast by itself - cypro blocked some of it's effects probably, but it was a pleasant experience nonetheless.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Would taking this with progesterone and Dhea increase the absorption and half life of both thereby also reducing the required dose of progesterone and Dhea to achieve a biological effect?

milkboi

Using this product for a week now. It's funny, a few drops too many make for a hell of a bad experience (extreme NMDA-antagonism is my guess), but if you are hitting the sweet spot it's a great substance. Still don't like the potential of this sup to make me retarded as hell.

golder

Using this product for a week now. It's funny, a few drops too many make for a hell of a bad experience (extreme NMDA-antagonism is my guess), but if you are hitting the sweet spot it's a great substance. Still don't like the potential of this sup to make me retarded as hell.
Thanks for this. What dosage was the ‘sweet spot’ for you?

Jsaute21

+ Higher libido.

Admittedly, this is one of the reasons I don't necessarily prefer the relaxing effects of some of these supplements. I work in construction around very high-strung people, not even being able to appear stressed out almost comes across as offensive at times. Not that I have a desire to be stressed, but these supplements put me in a very "Why are you people bitching so much, it's not that serious" state of mind.

Diamant is next level. Along with energin and oxidal it has the most noticeable effects for me besides Thyroid or Caffeine.