johnwester130

What are the main differences?

It depends what you look for and what effects you want

Memantine makes you reflect on life, increases empathy and gratitude and creativity -

I think Diamant gives a mild buzz of dissociation

Wagner83

My former bottle of this product made me a believer : increased motivation, better mood etc... However, the new ones barely have any effect so far. The liquid is less viscous and more transparent as far as I can tell. So I guess more mct and less vitamin e. That shouldn't change the results so much. Maybe in the end I adapted
to it.

golder

My former bottle of this product made me a believer : increased motivation, better mood etc... However, the new ones barely have any effect so far. The liquid is less viscous and more transparent as far as I can tell. So I guess more mct and less vitamin e. That shouldn't change the results so much. Maybe in the end I adapted
to it.
My latest bottles are less than half as thick and at less than half as dark in colour also.

Blue Water

I first became interested in adamantane when I read about it in one of ray's articles. According to Ray it seems to have a stabilizing and structurally protective effects on the water inside the cell, and its commercial derivatives are all know to be anti-excitotoxic.
The problem of Alzheimer's disease as a clue to immortality Part 1
"...Things that act directly on the water structure: I think all of the natural regulators have an effect on the structure of water, but some unusual substances seem to act primarily on the water. Noble gases, for example, have no chemical effects, but they tend to form "cages" of water molecules around themselves. Camphor, adamantane, and the antiviral drug amantadine, probably have a similar water-structuring effect, and amantadine, which is widely used as a therapy in Parkinson's disease, has an anti-excitotoxic action."

Adamantane is the simplest known diamondoid existing naturally. As the Wikipedia page states, it is the core structure of many antiviral, anti-parkinson, and even anti-diabetic drugs.
Adamantane - Wikipedia
"...Adamantane is a colorless, crystalline chemical compound with a camphor-like odor. With a formula C10H16, it is a cycloalkane and also the simplest diamondoid."
"...The first adamantane derivative used as a drug was amantadine – first (1967) as an antiviral drug against various strains of flu[50] and then to treat Parkinson's disease.[51][52] Other drugs among adamantane derivatives include adapalene, adapromine, amantadine, bromantane, carmantadine, chlodantane, dopamantine, memantine, rimantadine, saxagliptin, tromantadine, and vildagliptin. Polymers of adamantane have been patented as antiviral agents against HIV."

Adapromine - Wikipedia
"...Electroencephalography (EEG) studies of animals suggest that adapromine and related adamantanes including amantadine, bromantane (1-amino-2-bromophenyladamantane), and memantine have psychostimulant-like and possibly antidepressant-like effects, and that these effects may be mediated via catecholaminergic processes.[8][9][10][11] These psychostimulant effects differ qualitatively from those of conventional psychostimulants like amphetamine however, and the adamantane derivatives have been described contrarily as "adaptogens" and as "actoprotectors".[12]"

"...In 2004, it was discovered that amantadine and memantine bind to and act as agonists of the σ1 receptor (Ki = 7.44 µM and 2.60 µM, respectively) and that activation of the σ1 receptor is involved in the dopaminergic effects of amantadine at therapeutically relevant concentrations.[13] These findings might also extend to the other adamantanes such as adapromine, rimantadine, and bromantane and could explain the psychostimulant-like effects of this family of compounds.[13]

After digging further I discovered many additional properties that make adamantane quite an interesting substance. Those studies are mostly on adamantane derivatives but as you can see from the pictures on Wkipedia, these derivatives are most often nothing more than an addition of a simple group that makes the adamantane more water-soluble. Adamantane itself is extremely lipophilic and this probably accounts for many of its cell stabilizing effects. Many of the studies on those derivatives compared effects of adamantane to the new derivative and found them to be almost the same. As is often the case in drug discovery and design, a generic molecule like adamantane is modified to be patentable and profitable, but the original molecule usually has the same beneficial effects as the patentable derivative and often without the side effects. The same seems to be true of adamantane.
In summary, based on extensive research and clinical testing adamantane and its derivatives so far have been studied to determine if they have the following properties: HDAC inhibitor (and thus anti-cancer), anti-cortisol, anti-serotonin, pro-dopamine, anti-diabetes, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-excitotoxic, NMDA antagonism (and thus antidepressant), anticholinergic, antihistamine, etc. In addition, due to it extreme lipophilicity, admamantane may enhance the absorption and effects of many other substances it is administered with including steroids, vitamins, minerals, anti-inflammatory drugs, anesthetics, etc.

In light of all of these properties, I decided to release the product Diamant, which contains pure admantane dissolved in tocopherols and MCT oil. The studies supporting the properties of adamantane described above are provided in the references section below. The list of studies is a little light because I wanted to post only the studies known to be directly relevant to adamantane and not its derivatives. There over 5,000 studies on all adamantane derivatives and as I go through them slowly I will update the references section accordingly.

The units listed on the label are just for measurement purposes. They do not indicate suggested or optimal dose. Please note that similar to the products sold by companies like BluePeptides, this product is for lab/research use only. The product can be ordered from the link below:
www.idealabsdc.com/lab

Diamant is a liquid product containing the chemical adamantane. Derivatives of adamantane have been in clinical use for decades are known for their anti-viral, anti-bacterial, pro-dopamine, and anti-excitotoxic properties. More recent studies have discovered that adamantane and its derivatives may be powerful inhibitors of HDAC (in nanomolar concentrations: EC50 = ~70 nM/L). Also, admantane (and its derivatives) may be a direct stimulator of the enzyme tyrosine hydroxylase and thus a direct stimulator of endogenous dopamine synthesis. In addition, adamantane and its derivatives have been studied if they inhibit cortisol synthesis, lower plasma serotonin, histamine, blood glucose, insulin, and inflammatory biomarkers. The extreme lipophilicity of adamantane has led to its use as an absorption enhancer for various drugs delivered topically, orally or even IV and this lipophilicity seems to also enhance the half-life of the chemical administered together with adamantane. For example, several derivatives of aspirin, indomethacin and testosterone have been synthesized using adamantane as the modifier and the bioavailability and half life increases from a few hours to as long as 8 weeks (i.e. see the liphophilicity links in the references below; the steroid Bolmantalate is a direct example Bolmantalate - Wikipedia).

Units per container: about 30
Unit size: 20 drops
Each unit contains the following ingredients:

Adamantane: 33mg

Other ingredients: add product to shopping cart to see info

References:

1. Anti-cortisol
Discovery of adamantane ethers as inhibitors of 11beta-HSD-1: Synthesis and biological evaluation. - PubMed - NCBI
Adamantane sulfone and sulfonamide 11-beta-HSD1 Inhibitors. - PubMed - NCBI
Novel 11β-HSD1 inhibitors: C-1 versus C-2 substitution and effect of the introduction of an oxygen atom in the adamantane scaffold. - PubMed - NCBI

2. HDAC inhibitor
Discovery of adamantane based highly potent HDAC inhibitors. - PubMed - NCBI

3. Anti-serotonin, lower blood glucose, lower insulin
Amantadine reduces glucagon and enhances insulin secretion throughout the oral glucose tolerance test: central plus peripheral nervous system mechanisms

4. Dopamine agonist and increased dopamine synthesis
Memantine agonist action at dopamine D2High receptors. - PubMed - NCBI
The effects of ladasten on dopaminergic neurotransmission and hippocampal synaptic plasticity in rats. - PubMed - NCBI
[Ladasten induces the expression of genes regulating dopamine biosynthesis in various structures of rat brain]. - PubMed - NCBI
[Cytosine demethylation in the tyrosine hydroxylase gene promoter in the hypothalamus cells of the rat brain under the action of an aminoadamantane... - PubMed - NCBI
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10628-005-0057-z

5. Lipophilicity, enhancement of absorption, half-life and effects
The Lipophilic Bullet Hits the Targets: Medicinal Chemistry of Adamantane Derivatives
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jm00329a007
Could this be a treatment for smallpox? If this monkeypox thing blows up it might be useful on that virus. It affects the p37 protein of poxviruses according to one pubmed article. Kind of like how tecovirimat targets the p37 protein. The article, which I couldn't read in entirety, mentioned
adamantane containing compounds being possibly effective, but I couldn't find specific ones or the list. I know amantadine is used for the flu but is a prescription and my guess is wouldn't be repurposed for smallpox or monkeypox anyways given tecovirimat and brincidofovir are the main therapeutics out there getting funding. So I wonder if diamant would be effective.

mosaic01

Is there any evidence that adamantane powerfully increases detox capabilities (like activating NRF2) and intracellular GSH levels? Because my impression is that it boosts my detox like nothing else.

daphne134

Came here to say the "unit" dose listed (20 drops, ~33 mg) seems very high for daily use, in my experience. I was doing 1/4 of that at 5 drops per day for several weeks. Granted my rhythms are imperfect and sometimes was taking it late morning instead of early morning. But anyway I got insomnia and I'm cutting down to 2 drops and adding some MB back into my stack. The insomnia is different from the kind I had been struggling with. During this insomnia, my body feels comfortable but my mind won't shut down. Hopefully this won't happen at 2 drops because other than that I do notice benefits. I'm using it to quit THC.

sugarisgreat

Aside from the dopaminergic euphoria, anticholinergic activity is key to reversing learned helplessness and blocks a significant portion of estrogen's effects. There is also evidence that the adamantanes also have antihistamine effects, which inhibits the second major mechanism through which estrogen manifests its ill effects.
New Page Title Here
I tried this 2 years ago and didn't notice much. I just tried it again, because I think I am stronger now (thyroid, can process more calories/carbs) and I really notice it controls my adrenaline. I think it may be my favorite supplement of ideal labs. It works for maintaining poise/remaining calm during economic collapse, hyper inflation, etc. Thanks Haidut!

Nutritionveda

Why would it be dangerous Dave? It's basically a more stable and probably safer version of camphor.
Awesome i just ordered and hoping i think i will massage it topically on my cheek where the molar has been exxtracted and i am in pain for monthis now. The only thing that is helping me in clonazepam and i dont want to take that long term so i really hope this works for me. Thanks Georgie! Will keep you updated.

Sapien

Sleep disturbances (decreased REM stages 1 and 3) can (and most likely will, even if you don't notice it) be caused my memantine (and hence Diamant). Perhaps taking supplements that boost REM sleep would help.
anyone notice lack of dreams when taking diamant or other NMDA antagonists?

Smitty

Is it safe to take thyroid while using Diamant or would it's effects also be potentiated?

crobin0

To clear my confusion up. How long is the half life of this substance?
Is the Dopamine agonism greater than that of 10-MeO-Harmalan?

laoa

I've both used adamantane (diamant) and amantadine. Adamantane at +-12mg made me very sleepy, so much so that I had to take it at night, this effect didn't go away after weeks. It also made me kind of apathic, like all my emotions were blunted. I assume this is the cortisol and serotonin lowering effect. Also never got any obvious prodopamine effects from it.
Amantadine at 12,5mg gives me the opposite effect. Very dopaminergic with more wide and vivid vision, more focus. Never got that emotionless state from it. I think for me dopamine is too easily converted to noradrenaline and adrenaline because sometimes I take a bit more (hard to break a 100mg pill in 8) and I get a similar effect to too much coffee without sugar.
I don't know why adamantane and amantadine gave me such different results as they're supposed to be very similar. Both we're taken in different time periods though, adamantane during demanding shiftwork in the ICU, without a happy outlook on my life and amantadine, 2 months later after quitting my job, backpacking through mexico (both stressful in a way). Maybe the mexican sun and the constant new environment took my dopamine to a higher level so as the amantadine has a stronger compounded dopaminergic effect.
Also sadly never noticed any (anticipated and desired) antiviral effect from both substances, both topically and orally regarding preventing or shortening hsv breakouts.

golder

Would be really interested in hearing peoples opinion about this new peptide:

Adamax is an improved version of SEMAX, a neuropeptide developed by the Institute of Molecular Genetics of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Adamax is the most powerful among all Semax derivatives. Technically, Adamax is an N-acetyl semax base that has been limited at the C-terminus with the adamantyl portion of P21.

Adamax increases the Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) levels and improves the sensitivity of TrkB receptors in the hippocampus. Instead, it increases the brain’s capabilities in a very efficient, consistent and sustainable way.
The adamantane group is a large, chunky, lipophilic diamondoid of the most straightforward kind. It prevents enzymatic degradation, making it last longer in the body whilst avoiding a temperature-induced breakdown.

I know other people experience this; but for reasons I do not understand this product does nothing for me other than give me dissociation, no drive and total apathy. It is the same whether I take one drop or six drops. Feeling very disappointed given the supposed benefits of this product and the feedback I've read on this thread.

LadyRae

I know other people experience this; but for reasons I do not understand this product does nothing for me other than give me dissociation, no drive and total apathy. It is the same whether I take one drop or six drops. Feeling very disappointed given the supposed benefits of this product and the feedback I've read on this thread.
Maybe you already have low baseline cortisol....

LadyRae

Could that really be the mechanism? I suspect the contrary since 6-ketop4 eliminated 4 year’s worth of chronic anxiety for me.
Well, I could be wrong regarding your personal response, but I know Diamant is a potent cortisol antagonist...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals