Texon

First few days were amazing on this. Now I can't keep my eyes open. On 8-10 drops a day. Will try 5 tomorrow but any idea why? And will it fade? taking it at 9am or so and MB (1 drop) around midnight before sleep.
Doesn't MB increase serotonin? I seem to recall that from somewhere else on this thread.

japanesedude

oral Diamant is amazing
I've been suffered from exessive diarrhea for a month which was caused by oral Vitamin E 400IU.
cypro,B2,Niacinamide nothing worked. but adding 2 drops of diamant in morning coffee has completely stopped diarrhea.
topical route does not have significant effects on gut but oral route seems to have strong anti serotonin effect on gut.

Kingpinguin

How does adamantane compare to the other mantanes? All the derivatives seem to have rather different and specific actions. Bromantane being dopaminergic through tyrosine hydroxylase, memantine being mainly an NMDA antagonist. Rimantadine being more an antiviral drug. I understand that they can act all on similair neurotransmitters but to what degree might vary widely? I mean just coz they are buildt on the diamondoid doesnt mean they are all similair. A similair case is the whole phenethylamine family. In the core they all got the PEA. But smal modifications you get very different drugs like amphetamine (dopamine, noradrenaline) meth (more dopamine but also neurotoxic) MDMA (serotonin agonist likely neurotoxic) mescaline (psychedelic) and there’s a whole book of em. Likely the same case with the diamondoids then? Don’t think you can post all these studies on different drugs saying they poses same properties. Its like if you would sell meth and say its effect are like mescaline.

tallglass13

I can’t figure out Adapalen. It is a non-aromatic retinoid but also a dianantoid? The structure has this Diamant formation but doesn’t seem much retinoidic to me. Nevertheless, it works strongly on Ret-Receptors. But I don’t see the connection between these two classes of physiological substances. How and why can adamantanes and retinoids be related?
Wait, so does Diamant have any Retinoids or carentenoids??

Kingpinguin

Wait, so does Diamant have any Retinoids or carentenoids??

just coz this retinoid has a diamondoid attached to it doesnt mean it acts like other diamondoids like the mantanes. And also doesnt make mantanes act like retinoids. Theres also a testosterone steroid with a attached diamondoid. But their mechanisms can differ completely.

LeeLemonoil

It’s not that adapalen shows a default RA-structure and just a diamatoid attached to it. The Diamant really is attached but the Rest differs from retinoids quite a bit.
It’s called an adamantane-Derivate rather than a retinoids avid/retinol-derivate, as if the non-diamatoid rest of the structure is the attachement, and not vice versa.
I wonder how the researchers and investors of adapalen discovered this substance, by design or circumstance?
I would not discard off hand the possibility that retinoids act in part like adamatanes and again, vice versa, at some places in some way.
Can’t still square the relationship of these compounds thoug. Maybe there really is none.

Kingpinguin

It’s not that adapalen shows a default RA-structure and just a diamatoid attached to it. The Diamant really is attached but the Rest differs from retinoids quite a bit.
It’s called an adamantane-Derivate rather than a retinoids avid/retinol-derivate, as if the non-diamatoid rest of the structure is the attachement, and not vice versa.
I wonder how the researchers and investors of adapalen discovered this substance, by design or circumstance?
I would not discard off hand the possibility that retinoids act in part like adamatanes and again, vice versa, at some places in some way.
Can’t still square the relationship of these compounds thoug. Maybe there really is none.

Bolmantalate - Wikipedia

You have this aswell. Which is just testosterone with adamantane attached to it. But it’s a steroid and not an mantane. If I remember it correctly haidut said these compounds work as retinoids and steroids but their lipophilicty is increase and active duration and probably potency aswell. So the adamantane on that retinoid compound was likely add there to increase its duration and potency.

Grapelander

meaning adamantane is causal for those conditions?
Meaning adamantine is effective for those conditions - this is from drugs.com which is very conservative in what they associate to the product/drug being reviewed.
Impressive list.
I am wondering if this could be used to structure water - about as cool a substance as methylene blue.

schultz

Is that little quote the only thing Peat's ever said about adamantane?

He talks about it, and similar things, in an old newsletter entitled "AIDS/Syphilis Treatments & Ideas".

Here is an excerpt... (sorry if there are spelling errors. The text copied funny)

"A few months ago, D.J. Bauer of Wellcome Laboratories, wrote an article on the history of antiviral drugs. I know of his 1959 work, in which he showed that copper inhibited the growth of a lipid-coated virus in the brains of mice, so I was surprised to see that he didn't mention copper or zinc, and that his story began with the introduction of amantadine in 1964 to treat influenza (which, like herpes and HIV, is also lipid-coated). I had been interested in amantadine for a long time, because it modifies nerve function in a way (anti-cholinergic) that I think mimics certain steroid hormones which I consider to be part ofour natural anti-viral defense system. So I was also surprised to see that Bauer gave no explanation of the origin of amantadine.

Amantadine (or adamantaneamine) is a water soluble form (l-amino-adamatane) of a substance that occurs in petroleum. I noticed that adamantane smells like camphor, and that it has a cage-like shape which is very much like that of camphor. Camphor has a long history of use as a germ-killer (e.g., Campho-phenique, for herpes), and was used successfully in the great influenza epidemic 70 years ago. I assume that the idea of using amantadine to treat influenza was based on its obvious similarity to natural camphor. An oxidized form of camphor, camphoric acid, also has a faint odor of camphor, and has been used as an oral germ-killer. It was tested as a syphilis treatment in comparison with penicillin and the traditional arsenic compound, salvarsan, shortly after penicillin became commercially available. All three eliminated the syphilis infection, but the drug companies were already set up to produce large amounts of penicillin profitably. Camphoric acid was used to carry bismuth, another heavy metal that was effective against the syphilis organism. (I was interested in using camphoric acid to transport copper, making it able to enter the brain and also causing it to be absorbed via the lymphatic system, by-passing the liver and thus allowing a large dose to be absorbed without injuring the liver. I swallowed a small amount, and the next morning, noticing that my mouth felt fresh when I woke up, found that my tongue didn't have its customary coating. I have heard that harmless spirochetes tend to grow on the tongue)."

Interestingly he talked about both camphor and salvarsan in his recent newsletter (Jan 2020) on vaccinations. The newsletters are more than 30 years apart.

Peater

@haidut If one's rat were to feel nauseous after using this for a couple of days, how long would it take to pass? (Due to the long half life)

I think it's just a coincidence and he has a mild virus as it started yesterday afternoon way after the morning dose, he's not vomiting (Although he did do the old claw down the throat trick to try and clear anything out)

He said really like the way this stuff makes him feel, and that's it's not harsh or intense at all. It subtlety alters the state of mind so that living in the moment becomes the default setting.

Peater

It passed by today, it must have been a mild stomach bug. I took only 3 drops orally, as I have a blood test tomorrow.

CoconutEffect

Probably a dopamine effect. I would not use more than 5mg-8mg drops if used continuously. Due to its high lipophilicity adamantane tends to build up.
@haidut

Is build up of adamantine necessarily harmful?

“And unlike derivatives like amantadine, unmodified adamantane did not have any toxicity in higher concentrations. For more detailed information please look at Fig. 2 on page 2150 from the study.“

golder

Haidut, how long/much does the accumulation of adamantane amount to? I’m trying to work our optimum doses as I don’t want it to accumulate too much over time, but I don’t want to take some haphazard ‘day on/day off’ uneducated guess approach either. Thanks!

Still have two main questions. A) are there any studies that use adamantane itself and don't simply talk about it as a molecular skeleton attached to other molecules and B) what is the significance of the fat solubility and interaction with other meds. How much in practice does it potentiate other meds?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals