Lambkin

Oh my God - yes, I have had back pain on waking recently. I had no idea it could be connected, but perhaps it’s being caused by diamant. I used to get joint pain from vitamin D supplements too - how does lowering cortisol cause this?

LeeLemonoil

I can’t figure out Adapalen. It is a non-aromatic retinoid but also a dianantoid? The structure has this Diamant formation but doesn’t seem much retinoidic to me. Nevertheless, it works strongly on Ret-Receptors. But I don’t see the connection between these two classes of physiological substances. How and why can adamantanes and retinoids be related?

Gone Peating

Oh my God - yes, I have had back pain on waking recently. I had no idea it could be connected, but perhaps it’s being caused by diamant. I used to get joint pain from vitamin D supplements too - how does lowering cortisol cause this?

cortisol is anti-inflammatory

but of course if baseline cortisol levels are too high its negative effects can outweigh its usefulness

Tbone107

I absolutely love this stuff at around 5 drops twice a day.. can anybody chime in with any concerns with me taking it at this does for long term?

I wonder why my pupils get so tiny on this... it looks really cool and I get very talkative, social, focused and anxiety seems to fade. I take 20 drops at a time once a month.

stackz07

Do opioids cause that? I have been getting very aggressive taking the 20 drops

They do, tiny pin head pupils and dopamine aggression is very common side effect of opioids. Though people would likely be getting much worse (or some) withdrawls upon cessation of it. Which I think most people are reporting zero WDs?

Gone Peating

They do, tiny pin head pupils and dopamine aggression is very common side effect of opioids. Though people would likely be getting much worse (or some) withdrawls upon cessation of it. Which I think most people are reporting zero WDs?

I would not take such a high dosage, this is powerful stuff, just a few mgs is enough

I get zero withdrawals from Diamant

johnwester130

I also though it was too powerful.

Wrecked my sleep, causes constipation, made me super happy at times.

A weird substance I no longer take.

stackz07

Has anyone used Diamant in the morning and then MB/oxidal in the evening before bed? I'm using the MB to increase co2 and have seen results in the form of hair regrowth but enjoy diamants "nootropic effects" much more. I know haidut says it should not be a problem but am curious if anyone has done it successfully? Also taking corti, k, d, and adrosterone daily. Occasional e, and magnoil.

Texon

I first became interested in adamantane when I read about it in one of ray's articles. According to Ray it seems to have a stabilizing and structurally protective effects on the water inside the cell, and its commercial derivatives are all know to be anti-excitotoxic.
The problem of Alzheimer's disease as a clue to immortality Part 1
"...Things that act directly on the water structure: I think all of the natural regulators have an effect on the structure of water, but some unusual substances seem to act primarily on the water. Noble gases, for example, have no chemical effects, but they tend to form "cages" of water molecules around themselves. Camphor, adamantane, and the antiviral drug amantadine, probably have a similar water-structuring effect, and amantadine, which is widely used as a therapy in Parkinson's disease, has an anti-excitotoxic action."

Adamantane is the simplest known diamondoid existing naturally. As the Wikipedia page states, it is the core structure of many antiviral, anti-parkinson, and even anti-diabetic drugs.
Adamantane - Wikipedia
"...Adamantane is a colorless, crystalline chemical compound with a camphor-like odor. With a formula C10H16, it is a cycloalkane and also the simplest diamondoid."
"...The first adamantane derivative used as a drug was amantadine – first (1967) as an antiviral drug against various strains of flu[50] and then to treat Parkinson's disease.[51][52] Other drugs among adamantane derivatives include adapalene, adapromine, amantadine, bromantane, carmantadine, chlodantane, dopamantine, memantine, rimantadine, saxagliptin, tromantadine, and vildagliptin. Polymers of adamantane have been patented as antiviral agents against HIV."

Adapromine - Wikipedia
"...Electroencephalography (EEG) studies of animals suggest that adapromine and related adamantanes including amantadine, bromantane (1-amino-2-bromophenyladamantane), and memantine have psychostimulant-like and possibly antidepressant-like effects, and that these effects may be mediated via catecholaminergic processes.[8][9][10][11] These psychostimulant effects differ qualitatively from those of conventional psychostimulants like amphetamine however, and the adamantane derivatives have been described contrarily as "adaptogens" and as "actoprotectors".[12]"

"...In 2004, it was discovered that amantadine and memantine bind to and act as agonists of the σ1 receptor (Ki = 7.44 µM and 2.60 µM, respectively) and that activation of the σ1 receptor is involved in the dopaminergic effects of amantadine at therapeutically relevant concentrations.[13] These findings might also extend to the other adamantanes such as adapromine, rimantadine, and bromantane and could explain the psychostimulant-like effects of this family of compounds.[13]

After digging further I discovered many additional properties that make adamantane quite an interesting substance. Those studies are mostly on adamantane derivatives but as you can see from the pictures on Wkipedia, these derivatives are most often nothing more than an addition of a simple group that makes the adamantane more water-soluble. Adamantane itself is extremely lipophilic and this probably accounts for many of its cell stabilizing effects. Many of the studies on those derivatives compared effects of adamantane to the new derivative and found them to be almost the same. As is often the case in drug discovery and design, a generic molecule like adamantane is modified to be patentable and profitable, but the original molecule usually has the same beneficial effects as the patentable derivative and often without the side effects. The same seems to be true of adamantane.
In summary, based on extensive research and clinical testing adamantane and its derivatives so far have been studied to determine if they have the following properties: HDAC inhibitor (and thus anti-cancer), anti-cortisol, anti-serotonin, pro-dopamine, anti-diabetes, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-excitotoxic, NMDA antagonism (and thus antidepressant), anticholinergic, antihistamine, etc. In addition, due to it extreme lipophilicity, admamantane may enhance the absorption and effects of many other substances it is administered with including steroids, vitamins, minerals, anti-inflammatory drugs, anesthetics, etc.

In light of all of these properties, I decided to release the product Diamant, which contains pure admantane dissolved in tocopherols and MCT oil. The studies supporting the properties of adamantane described above are provided in the references section below. The list of studies is a little light because I wanted to post only the studies known to be directly relevant to adamantane and not its derivatives. There over 5,000 studies on all adamantane derivatives and as I go through them slowly I will update the references section accordingly.

The units listed on the label are just for measurement purposes. They do not indicate suggested or optimal dose. Please note that similar to the products sold by companies like BluePeptides, this product is for lab/research use only. The product can be ordered from the link below:
www.idealabsdc.com/lab

Diamant is a liquid product containing the chemical adamantane. Derivatives of adamantane have been in clinical use for decades are known for their anti-viral, anti-bacterial, pro-dopamine, and anti-excitotoxic properties. More recent studies have discovered that adamantane and its derivatives may be powerful inhibitors of HDAC (in nanomolar concentrations: EC50 = ~70 nM/L). Also, admantane (and its derivatives) may be a direct stimulator of the enzyme tyrosine hydroxylase and thus a direct stimulator of endogenous dopamine synthesis. In addition, adamantane and its derivatives have been studied if they inhibit cortisol synthesis, lower plasma serotonin, histamine, blood glucose, insulin, and inflammatory biomarkers. The extreme lipophilicity of adamantane has led to its use as an absorption enhancer for various drugs delivered topically, orally or even IV and this lipophilicity seems to also enhance the half-life of the chemical administered together with adamantane. For example, several derivatives of aspirin, indomethacin and testosterone have been synthesized using adamantane as the modifier and the bioavailability and half life increases from a few hours to as long as 8 weeks (i.e. see the liphophilicity links in the references below; the steroid Bolmantalate is a direct example Bolmantalate - Wikipedia).

Units per container: about 30
Unit size: 20 drops
Each unit contains the following ingredients:

Adamantane: 33mg

Other ingredients: add product to shopping cart to see info

References:

1. Anti-cortisol
Discovery of adamantane ethers as inhibitors of 11beta-HSD-1: Synthesis and biological evaluation. - PubMed - NCBI
Adamantane sulfone and sulfonamide 11-beta-HSD1 Inhibitors. - PubMed - NCBI
Novel 11β-HSD1 inhibitors: C-1 versus C-2 substitution and effect of the introduction of an oxygen atom in the adamantane scaffold. - PubMed - NCBI

2. HDAC inhibitor
Discovery of adamantane based highly potent HDAC inhibitors. - PubMed - NCBI

3. Anti-serotonin, lower blood glucose, lower insulin
Amantadine reduces glucagon and enhances insulin secretion throughout the oral glucose tolerance test: central plus peripheral nervous system mechanisms

4. Dopamine agonist and increased dopamine synthesis
Memantine agonist action at dopamine D2High receptors. - PubMed - NCBI
The effects of ladasten on dopaminergic neurotransmission and hippocampal synaptic plasticity in rats. - PubMed - NCBI
[Ladasten induces the expression of genes regulating dopamine biosynthesis in various structures of rat brain]. - PubMed - NCBI
[Cytosine demethylation in the tyrosine hydroxylase gene promoter in the hypothalamus cells of the rat brain under the action of an aminoadamantane... - PubMed - NCBI
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10628-005-0057-z

5. Lipophilicity, enhancement of absorption, half-life and effects
The Lipophilic Bullet Hits the Targets: Medicinal Chemistry of Adamantane Derivatives
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jm00329a007
Haidut have you ever heard of this working to alleviate mild foot neuropathy of unknown etiology? I suspect elevated cortisol and/or NMDA activity.

stackz07

First few days were amazing on this. Now I can't keep my eyes open. On 8-10 drops a day. Will try 5 tomorrow but any idea why? And will it fade? taking it at 9am or so and MB (1 drop) around midnight before sleep.