Diagnosing Endotoxemia- Please help!

peatpilled

Hello guys,

I need help determining if my symptoms (huge stress response about 30 mins after eating) are being caused by endotoxin.

After 3.5 years of low carb, I started eating in a more 'peaty' way at the beginning of 2022- lots of raw milk, bone broth, OJ, maple syrup, potatoes etc

I've experienced some great benefits- namely better cognition (especially when taking Niacinimide). This way a huge plus for me as improving my brain fog has been the reason why I got into health in the first place.

However, over the past few weeks- I've started experiencing severe anxiety about 30 minutes after a meal- dry mouth, elevated heart rate and generally feeling terrible. This generally lasts an hour or two before subsiding.

Initially, I thought I could be suffering from reactive hypoglycemia- but after buying a glucometer I've discovered my blood glucose is pretty much always in the normal range.

On one occasion, I experienced relief from a severe bout of these symptoms from a raw carrot.

Is it fair to say I am experiencing endotoxin? How can I be sure? I really want to try to determine what is causing my problems, so I can get to work on addressing this.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Hi and welcome!

The issue was histamine for me and resolved as I became metabolically healthier and started taking thyroid (Tyromax) several years ago.

Endotoxin, serotonin, estrogen, and histamine are all related, so you might be right on with your self dx.