"DHT is a Trash Hormone" | Kevin Mann addresses Hans & Men-Elite

Kenny

Mann made two videos on the negatives and 'unimportance' of DHT as a hormone, in the second, he mostly focuses on Hans and his site www.Men-Elite.com

Never thought I'd see @Hans mentioned in a Kevin Mann video, but figured I'd post this and see if he has anything to say about it.

Personally, I'm in the camp that doesn't believe DHT is useless, and had a bad experience with Fin, but I'm also not a believer that it doesn't contribute to hair loss either, not yet anyway.

The video mentioning Hans and Men-Elite.

The previous video in this 'series'.

What is your current hair regimen if you aren’t using fin?

Mrscorpion360

I don't usually get involved in these sorts of things because I'm careful about where I invest my time and energy...

...but I'm gonna make an exception. That video is laughable.

He claims Hans is a bull**** artist/snake oil promoter, meanwhile it's painfully obvious that Kevin has a very limited grasp of anything related to health, biochemistry and nutrition. DHT a 'trash hormone'... lmao. He pushes Finasteride/Minoxidil like hell (+ a vegan diet which probably made his hair fall out in the first place) and his recommendations has probably damaged, and is going to damage, a lot of people. Meanwhile @Hans has helped tons of people for free, including the people suffering from PFS after having taken fin.

Kevin is a textbook example of dunning-kroeger effect/being booksmart and citing useless studies all day.
His fans aren’t the brightest either. This guy is really pushing the dangers of this drug on these people without any knowledge at all. Since we all know the dangers of this drug, atleast we’re all aware of this guy being a total danger to every person watching his videos.

Attachments

• 6973A461-2188-4AD2-A350-B70608748D70.png
    6973A461-2188-4AD2-A350-B70608748D70.png
    322.4 KB · Views: 73

Korven

A bit off-topic since I'm not following this discussion. But is there a problem with using Minoxidil? My brother has been using it for a few months and if there is I'd like to warn him

Well basically Minoxidil is a blood pressure (vasodilating) drug that was also found to induce growth when applied topically to skin. Used as a blood pressure drug orally there are potential side effects such as left ventricular hypertrophy https://www.nature.com/articles/1000410.pdf?origin=ppub + from a Peat perspective it's not great considering it's a nitric oxide agonist.

However if you're using it on your scalp there shouldn't really be much systemic effects considering the low absorption rate - certainly safer then taking Fin. But at the same time it's kind of sketchy putting blood pressure meds on your head with the potential risk of them messing with circulatory system. And you lose all your gains when you go off it.

This dude looks pretty good at his age I must admit though: Low body fat, masculine jaw, muscular, good skin and hair, etc. He seems to have a combination of good physical features you dont see too often in one person.

OP
Charger

Charger

What is your current hair regimen if you aren’t using fin?
I don't have a set in stone regimen right now, I'm dabbling around with PGE2 promoters, PGD2 inhibitors, microneedling, etc.

I suggest if anyone wants to attempt to treat their hair loss without altering sex hormones then focusing on PGE, PGD2, and WNT pathways are your best bet.

Hans

Forum Supporter
You guys are golden and heartwarming.:grouphug2

This week's Men-Elite article will be a Kevin Mann character study and a list of supplements and dietary recommendations to get him back to functioning like a normal human. Maybe offer Mann a free trial of the Alpha Energy Course.
This made my day! :rolling
Follow hans and have an amazing body and strong boners but lose your hair....
Or follow mann and grow your hair back but become a cuck
So far I haven't had any clients who've lost their hair following my advice... on the contrary, they've only bettered the quality/condition of their hair.
And out of my own experience, I can say that when I went through a seriously stressful period in my life, I experienced balding/receding hairline in a horseshoe shape (about 1 inch in or so). One day I noticed it but thought it was how I always looked so I didn't take photos. I think I just hoped it wasn't balding.
Then as I got out of the stressful period, I started eating properly again, getting all my micros, reducing stress, training properly, etc., and I noticed that I regrew that area perfectly back because I didn't have that horseshoe look at all anymore and I also noticed that my hairline had come down about an inch with new baby hair (my wife noticed this as well). So I didn't do anything specific/consciously to regrow that area because I thought it was normal, but I was really glad when I noticed that it had grown back and has stayed that way 'till today.
Making waves, all publicity is good. @Hans you should have a youtube channel btw
I was thinking the same thing. :) I actually do have a YT channel. I just recently started being more active again. Am trying to post a vid at least once a week. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi1TIaHvuEpZ3f_eb3cWwGQ

Not sure there's anything much to elaborate on if anyone actually read the article and the studies I linked. One thing I'd say though is that he demonizes DHT way too much (focuses almost entirely on DHT) but DHT is not the root cause. Nutritional deficiencies, stress, poor sleep, low thyroid, gut irritation, etc., always happen first and then hair loss follows. Men with low DHT can also lose their hair (which I've witnessed with my own clients) and many men with high DHT can have big bushes of hair. There is much more to hair loss than just DHT.
Also, many of the benefits of testosterone are actually DHT dependent, so saying that DHT is useless is a very ignorant statement.

OP
Charger

Charger

Nutritional deficiencies, stress, poor sleep, low thyroid, gut irritation, etc., always happen first and then hair loss follows. Men with low DHT can also lose their hair (which I've witnessed with my own clients) and many men with high DHT can have big bushes of hair. There is much more to hair loss than just DHT.
Also, many of the benefits of testosterone are actually DHT dependent, so saying that DHT is useless is a very ignorant statement.

I'm surprised there aren't more hair loss focused articles on your site, I know of the gut-hair loss one, but that's it.

You have a way of making stuff easy to digest and understand, so it would be interesting to get your perspective on hair loss and why it happens, how everything is linked, including DHT. I'm open to the idea of DHT not being the primary driver of hair loss, I just haven't seen these ideas presented in a convincing and easy to understand way and backed up by sources/studies. Maybe you feel Danny Roddy already covers this well enough, but it wouldn't hurt to have more advocates of this perspective to push back against the those pushing the idea that androgens are the driver. Especially guys who are swole and have glorious hair... people will listen to those guys no matter what comes out of their mouth. (Derek, Mann, etc.)

My own hair loss became noticeable during a very stressful period as well with the loss of a parent, crash dieting, hypothyroid symptoms, etc. So, I am open to stress and thyroid issues as alternative theories.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'm surprised there aren't more hair loss focused articles on your site, I know of the gut-hair loss one, but that's it.

You have a way of making stuff easy to digest and understand, so it would be interesting to get your perspective on hair loss and why it happens, how everything is linked, including DHT. I'm open to the idea of DHT not being the primary driver of hair loss, I just haven't seen these ideas presented in a convincing and easy to understand way and backed up by sources/studies. Maybe you feel Danny Roddy already covers this well enough, but it wouldn't hurt to have more advocates of this perspective to push back against the those pushing the idea that androgens are the driver. Especially guys who are swole and have glorious hair... people will listen to those guys no matter what comes out of their mouth. (Derek, Mann, etc.)

My own hair loss became noticeable during a very stressful period as well with the loss of a parent, crash dieting, hypothyroid symptoms, etc. So, I am open to stress and thyroid issues as alternative theories.
I have done a bit of research on the topic but seeing as it's not something that I've personally struggled with (not in an obvious/intense way that is), I haven't dived too deep into it... especially also since hair loss is already such a huge topic with so many experts already talking about it. But I might just start to write more about it in the near future, who knows. But thanks for letting me know that you would be interested in me writing more about such a topic.

It's not that easy to pin point where it all begins, but it definitely involves either stress, micronutrient deficiencies, immune dysregulation or all three. Why do people get hair shedding when they use aspirin or vitamin K2? Is it because it boosts DHT or through some other mechanism? It's almost always some other mechanism first. Like so many others have said, a healthy individual with high DHT doesn't just get hair loss. Circulating DHT doesn't correlate with hair loss as shown by science.
Hans is cooler and infinitely more Hans-some
Lol, thanks man.
@Hans Are you going to make a response video?
I don't think that will be worth my time at all. It's not going to prove anything or convince anyone. People already have their own beliefs. I'd rather make articles and vids about topics discussing the science and then people can make up their own minds on what they want to believe.

T

TheBeard

AFAIK, DHT naturally opposes estrogen and it's effects. Don't have DHT? Estrogen will run loose.
Funny cos I took 100mg Mast yesterday and felt great. Those effects are exactly what I expected from DHT. Love it.

Nice!
Injectable?
Prop or E?

Are you taking it in conjunction with test?
No cracking joints?

keytothecity

You guys are always saying you notice stuff in stressful periods. And we are still talking about mpb. Then at the same time you read that it takes years of balding for it to get noticable. So whats correct? Both? Lol

Murtaza

I don't have a set in stone regimen right now, I'm dabbling around with PGE2 promoters, PGD2 inhibitors, microneedling, etc.

I suggest if anyone wants to attempt to treat their hair loss without altering sex hormones then focusing on PGE, PGD2, and WNT pathways are your best bet.
what PGE2 promoters/PGD2 inhibitors have you tried?

JKX

You guys are always saying you notice stuff in stressful periods. And we are still talking about mpb. Then at the same time you read that it takes years of balding for it to get noticable. So whats correct? Both? Lol
Yes. Both.

YourUniverse

I don't think that will be worth my time at all. It's not going to prove anything or convince anyone. People already have their own beliefs. I'd rather make articles and vids about topics discussing the science and then people can make up their own minds on what they want to believe.
I think it is worth your time, a little controversy can increase your channel's visibility

OP
Charger

Charger

what PGE2 promoters/PGD2 inhibitors have you tried?
Currently experimenting with PGE2, Latanoprost (PGF2a), Niacin (Flushing PGD2), Topical L-Threonate (Inhibiting DKK1), Bioscalin iSFRP1 (Inhibits SFRP1), Sandalore.
None of this has been trialed long enough for a fair assessment, so don't ask.

Probably both.

I think I had a gradual loss over years, in which I was under general, moderate stress. Around 25 onward, I became obsessive with caloric restriction/crash diets and overexercising. Around 28 or 29, I went through a very stressful period as I mentioned and my hair became very diffuse and straw like. So, I think the answer is in the middle, maybe people who experience progressed hair loss have always been in at least a moderate state of stress and they only became cognizant of it when the physical manifestations of that stress became apparent (hair loss). I think the higher the stress hormones, the more accelerated the aging process becomes.

Keep in mind, and I'm not trying to discredit him by saying this, but I believe Hans is still relatively young compared to many here. It'll be interesting to see if his perspective and his own hair situation changes as he enters middle age. Or he could just turn out like Roddy who seems to be doing fine in that department, we'll see.

My hair was fine for most of my 20s, it was only pushing 30 that I started noticing loss. But my stress levels also increased as I aged along with deteriorating health symptoms, so in my personal case, I can't rule out stress and hypothyroidism as a driver, especially since my blood tests show DHT on the low end of the range before I ever touched Fin.

My hair quality has improved since improving my health, I'm just trying to regain density.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

Unfamiliar with the idea of CUMS (Chronic Unpredictable Mild Stress), huh? Stressful periods can go on for years or decades.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom