"DHT is a Trash Hormone" | Kevin Mann addresses Hans & Men-Elite

Charger

Mann made two videos on the negatives and 'unimportance' of DHT as a hormone, in the second, he mostly focuses on Hans and his site www.Men-Elite.com

Never thought I'd see @Hans mentioned in a Kevin Mann video, but figured I'd post this and see if he has anything to say about it.

Personally, I'm in the camp that doesn't believe DHT is useless, and had a bad experience with Fin, but I'm also not a believer that it doesn't contribute to hair loss either, not yet anyway.

The video mentioning Hans and Men-Elite.

The previous video in this 'series'.

Korven

I don't usually get involved in these sorts of things because I'm careful about where I invest my time and energy...

...but I'm gonna make an exception. That video is laughable.

He claims Hans is a bull**** artist/snake oil promoter, meanwhile it's painfully obvious that Kevin has a very limited grasp of anything related to health, biochemistry and nutrition. DHT a 'trash hormone'... lmao. He pushes Finasteride/Minoxidil like hell (+ a vegan diet which probably made his hair fall out in the first place) and his recommendations has probably damaged, and is going to damage, a lot of people. Meanwhile @Hans has helped tons of people for free, including the people suffering from PFS after having taken fin.

Kevin is a textbook example of dunning-kroeger effect/being booksmart and citing useless studies all day.

OP
Charger

Charger

Yeah, Mann obviously has a few screws loose. I don't think these videos should necessarily be taken seriously, and I wouldn't blame Hans if he just ignored them entirely.

You're right, his denial of the risks is dangerous. Mann has kind of a doublespeak when it comes to Fin's side effects,
"Sides aren't real, but if you get them, reduce your dose." Huh?

And Men-Elite is an awesome resource that I use as a reference all the time. The information there has helped me recover from PFS to a better baseline than I was before I touched Fin.

SamuraiJack

Men-elite is awesome. I keep coming back to it simply because the research is backed by studies and is facts. This dude has just disregarded that.
Something about him screams to me he is a big pharma shill promoting fin.
You can tell he's a low DHT male can't you?

TripleOG

*presses play*

*sees immediate character assassination barrage before defending his position*

*closes video*

Already know how this plays out. :yawn2

SamuraiJack

Well his demeanor definitely comes off as "excitatory" (high estrogen?), that's for sure. :P
AFAIK, DHT naturally opposes estrogen and it's effects. Don't have DHT? Estrogen will run loose.
Funny cos I took 100mg Mast yesterday and felt great. Those effects are exactly what I expected from DHT. Love it.

Dobbler

What an absolute retard this guy is. Praising finasteride as the healthiest and best thing ever and trashing DHT and androgens. How much soy and insanity can there be.. i hope this f****t will face the painful consequences one day..

dukesbobby777

Well his demeanor definitely comes off as "excitatory" (high estrogen?), that's for sure. :P

Yeah, he strikes me as the sort of dude who would b**** about people and take part in unproductive passive aggressive gossip in the work place. Nothing calm or grounding comes off him in terms of his energy.

DHT, for me, is just a hormone that the body uses to counter stress. A balding situation is a situation of stress. So in a sense I actually agree with him not to increase DHT hormonally, unless a desperate situation called for it.

As for his fin approach, well I disagree with that. Personally I think progesterone (or the decline of it) is the major player in individuals that start to bald of a sudden. DHT, like cholesterol, is what the body uses to try and rectify situations of stress/inflammation.

Last edited:

dukesbobby777

I mean he speaks about some of the nasty side effects of finasteride in the video (gyno, sexual dysfunction), and he then goes on to say that reducing the dose is therefore a reasonable approach! Something that would be systemically healthy wouldn’t have side effects like that in the first place. It’s like saying that arsenic may have positives on hair, but it’s poisonous at a certain dose, so just lower the dosage and you’re golden.

Doesn’t make sense to me.

Last edited:
OP
Charger

Charger

AFAIK, DHT naturally opposes estrogen and it's effects. Don't have DHT? Estrogen will run loose.
Yeah, he strikes me as the sort of dude who would b**** about people and take part in unproductive passive aggressive gossip in the work place. Nothing calm or grounding comes off him in terms of his energy.
Absolutely. I've noticed this kind of 'skied up' behavior when using highly estrogenic stuff (HCG for example). I become overly talkative/speedy rather than cool, calm, and collected. Low DHT/High estrogen makes me feel like a Becky.

And from my own experience, people will absolutely respond differently to you depending on where your hormones are at... like pheromones in a way. I've had people become more aggressive/disrespectful towards me in an androgen deficient state than they do when an in optimized state. Confidence, for example, is something I believe you absolutely cannot fake without it coming off as forced if you're low test/dht. A guy who naturally stands up straight due to high androgens is different than someone just conciously trying to pump their chest out and appear confident. People around you know the difference.

Last edited:

Ronald1919

Check history of this guy and stop watching his videos. Truly a despicable character promoting castration pill

Ronald1919

By the way the guy is on test and has been for years yet continues his charade. Check out his old threads on tnation and his old channel to see how he lanky he was. This is all nothing compared to his deranged posting. I think like a lot of vegans this guy geniunly hates humanity and wants to castrated males

OP
Charger

Charger

By the way the guy is on test and has been for years yet continues his charade. Check out his old threads on tnation and his old channel to see how he lanky he was. This is all nothing compared to his deranged posting. I think like a lot of vegans this guy geniunly hates humanity and wants to castrated males

I and many others are aware that Mann is a nutter and has been inconsistent. I posted this here because it's the only place I know of where Hans posts, and it's relevant to him.

Aside from that, I only check out Mann's videos purely for entertainment and to see what silly ***t he says next.

Expecting a diss track from Hans to drop any minute now.

This week's Men-Elite article will be a Kevin Mann character study and a list of supplements and dietary recommendations to get him back to functioning like a normal human. Maybe offer Mann a free trial of the Alpha Energy Course.

keytothecity

well he is coping about the function of dht and this forum is coping about 5ar influence in hair loss

same mechanism, different life choices

Last edited:
J

jb116

Br0 on testosterone: finasteride g00d

Humble Hans, helping people for free: the abundant youth hormone DHT is protective.

Hans wins.

Jack Earth

Follow hans and have an amazing body and strong boners but lose your hair....
Or follow mann and grow your hair back but become a cuck

baccheion

Follow hans and have an amazing body and strong boners but lose your hair....
Or follow mann and grow your hair back but become a cuck
Fairly certain you can keep hair via scalp massages, capsaicin, iodide/SSKI, magnesium and vitamin K2, etc. That is, manually undo actions increasing calcification/inflammation.

I agree DHT is mostly a liability after puberty and especially once the plates fuse (ie, 30+). It's presence in later life also suggests higher estrogen, something undesirable. Better sustained-release melatonin or the Peat equivalent. And other things that oppose the undesirable hormones.

One symptoms of progesterone/melatonin deficiency is male-pattern balding.

Something is causing (brain) oxidative stress and then inflammation. Maybe diet. Low magnesium can have that effect. Even the rising levels of copper, iron, mercury, etc are things that melatonin was keeping under control.

Mister

Nobody should take that idiot serious.

Look into Kevin Mann's past:

(and there is more than just this btw...)

The dude is legit mentally ill and doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. But I feel sorry for all the young balding guys who (want to) believe his lies.

Back
Top Bottom