Dht inhibits hypoxia induced fibrosis

Jamsey

Dht inhibiting fibrosis has been posted before by haidut. I found this study showing a similar finding and thought I’d post it.

“The hypoxic microenvironment of cryptorchidism is an important factor to induce the impairment of the structure and function of Sertoli cells and thus lead to spermatogenesis loss or tumorigenesis.”

“we established a hypoxia-induced fibrosis model in canine Sertoli cells induced by cobalt chloride (CoCl2), and found that DHT inhibited the fibrosis of Sertoli cells in a dose-dependent manner. Meanwhile, DHT interfered with the TGF-β signaling by reducing the expression of TGF-βRI and TGF-βRII and inhibiting the expression and phosphorylation of Smad2 and Smad3, while flutamide (androgen receptor inhibitor) inhibited these effects of DHT. Furthermore, use of LY2109761 (TGF-β receptor type I/II inhibitor) to interfere with the TGF-β/Smad pathway showed a similar effect with DHT suppression of the fibrosis in Sertoli cells. Our research data demonstrated that cryptorchidism is located in a hypoxic and DHT deficiency microenvironment. Moreover, supplementing DHT can alleviate the fibrosis process of Sertoli cells caused by hypoxia, which is associated with AR regulating the inhibition of TGF-β/Smad signaling.”

MCurtone

So perhaps this explains why dht is present in scalps that are balding. The DHT is there to combat the fibrosis due to the hypoxia. Unfortunately the DHT leads to hair miniaturization. This also explains why long-term scalp massage and stretching works as a monotherapy.

OP
J

Jamsey

So perhaps this explains why dht is present in scalps that are balding. The DHT is there to combat the fibrosis due to the hypoxia. Unfortunately the DHT leads to hair miniaturization. This also explains why long-term scalp massage and stretching works as a monotherapy.
I think the theory of DHT being elevated to combat hypoxic damage seems plausible.

Jessie

Another pro for DHT. Wished the FDA would unschedule it on the control substance list. This should be available at your local Walgreens. Considering the aromatization of DHEA, which is legal, you can't really claim it's any "safer" than DHT.