Dht increases visceral fat in man??

I think there was a study showing that DHT was correlated with higher BMIs. It seems to stimulate appetite.

rei

So what is the reason behind chronic postural damage in your opinion ?
unhealed injury, plain and simple.

The reasons why this happens can be debated in infinity, i tend to blame vaccines and injections that are put into us since birth, but i am not adamant on this view if someone has a better theory.

When you move about and have an injury it normally heals easily, when it happens when you have been (recently) vaccinated and the immune system is in panic mode there is no normal healing, the helpers are elsewhere and you form scar tissue instead of healing.

Last edited:
OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

@rei

honestly gonna give u the benefit of the doubt. The people i see balding aggressively have awful posture and look super beta

Apple

Just look up a video from the early days of film, and compare it to today. Back then people walked upright and seemed to float through the street. Nowadays a vast majority waddle forward.
unhealed injury, plain and simple.

The reasons why this happens can be debated in infinity, i tend to blame vaccines and injections that are put into us since birth, but i am not adamant on this view if someone has a better theory.
So what can be done?
Are you offering somehow to unvax the vaccinated people ?
Hiropractice will work only to some degree and locally. A patient will slide back into original bad posture state eventually without lifetime chirodoctor support .
BTW ...people have tried to cure baldness since pharaohs time with no success .

rei

So what can be done?
Are you offering somehow to unvax the vaccinated people ?
Hiropractice will work only to some degree and locally. A patient will slide back into original bad posture state eventually without lifetime chirodoctor support .
BTW ...people have tried to cure baldness since pharaohs time with no success .
In the fascial thread there were videos shared where some practitioner narrates through this false idea. He says that for 100 years they worked on wrong principle, and this gave incorrect perception of what chiropractic can achieve. It is only the initiation of the possibility of achieving fascial movement. Not what achieves postural repair.

If you look through my post history this is what i have been preaching here solely based on personal knowledge. Chiropractic treatment opens the window of opportunity, and if you get a hold of that you don't need any external treatment any longer, and can heal it by listening to your body and doing the movements however long it takes.

I know it is almost impossible to convey in words, but when you feel in your body a "slack" or "excessive tension" and make a movement that shifts it to anoter place, you quickly realize this as a game and will be flailing your limbs like a maniac for a long time. And no matter how idiotic you seem and someone might laugh at it seeing you do it, know that you are the one having the last laugh because of the result.

Last edited:

rei

@rei

honestly gonna give u the benefit of the doubt. The people i see balding aggressively have awful posture and look super beta
I appreciate that. I wish i could prove to you how walking used to be energy excerting, but today it feels like i float over flat surfaces. Imagine being constantly slightly using all your lower body muscles to walk, compared to using muscles only to keep balance and let natural fascial tension and release propel you forward. It's pretty impossible to put into words, but let's just say if i did a cooper's test walking i would probably go twice as far now just because there is no energy wasted in the process. The fascia is designed to store and release energy, and if you use muscles while walking for other than support and weight shift you are doing it wrong.

T

TheBeard

Can we please not fight. Pwrsonally i dont agree with rei stuff. But seriously ignore each other.

do yall think its possible to add dht or somehow upregulate 5ar production locally with a topical to the penis without causing any suppression?

Not much will happen to your penis past puberty, except for an increased in blood flow and a seemingly bigger size.

As far as shutdown, using bioidentical hormones such as test no ester and DHT no ester leads to minimal shutdown, if any.

And when it does, it's transiant and only happens while using.

Broken man

I also posted a study of DHT causing dyslipidemia and obesity in mice and it was dismissed by people here who seem to only accept studies and evidence if it supports their own beliefs but if you actually post a study that implies that they might be wrong everyone starts attacking you and proceeds to remind you how all scientists are idiots and part of a conspiracy and how ray peat and his followers know everything under the sun while at the same time no one provides any evidence of restoration achieved with ray peat principles.

There are studies that clearly show that DHT can be dangerous in higher levels, but people here completely disregard it or dismiss it as a bad study.

There is also a study where finasteride administration attenuated heart hypertrophy in mice by lowering DHT in heart tissue but if you post it here a shitstorm is very likely.

There is a study where Testosterone administration in males with low testosterone and high DHT significantly lowered DHT which probably means that DHT shouldn't be high when testosterone levels are at a healthy range but when I talked about it everyone ignored me.

There are countless studies of hyperandrogenism in women being a hallmark of metabolic disaster and no one cares to look at those, but one study was posted by haidut where lean women had slightly higher DHT which any reasonable person can assume is because of lower adipose tissue known to neutralize it and not the other way around, but people here twisted it to draw their own conclusion of DHT being great for women too.

Now about your claims there is actually a lot of studies that show that estrogen and increased aromatase can help lower visceral fat, so I don't know about that.

Healthy young males usually have a T/DHT ratio in favor of testosterone along with high shbg, but people seem to think that lowering shbg and increasing DHT will make them healthier while a high DHT/T ratio and low shbg is a hallmark of old age and metabolic dysfunction.

It's just sad that many people here started adopting cult like behavior and dogma when this forum was supposed to be the opposite of that.

If avoiding PUFA and taking aspirin with sugar and milk and coffee blah.. blah.. solved hair loss, obesity and every disease then all of us who followed ray peats ideas
for years would be super healthy, ripped, hairy, god tier males with wings made out of light and telekinesis, but this is obviously not the case.
5α-reductase type 2 (SRD5α2)
The Loss of Masculine With Declined Serum DHT Is Associated With High Risk of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Chinese Men
Dihydrotestosterone regulates oxidative stress and immunosuppressive cytokines in a female BALB/c mouse model of Graves' disease - PubMed
Enjoy man.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Not much will happen to your penis past puberty, except for an increased in blood flow and a seemingly bigger size.

As far as shutdown, using bioidentical hormones such as test no ester and DHT no ester leads to minimal shutdown, if any.

And when it does, it's transiant and only happens while using.
Where can i get a hold of that?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

One of the interes
I appreciate that. I wish i could prove to you how walking used to be energy excerting, but today it feels like i float over flat surfaces. Imagine being constantly slightly using all your lower body muscles to walk, compared to using muscles only to keep balance and let natural fascial tension and release propel you forward. It's pretty impossible to put into words, but let's just say if i did a cooper's test walking i would probably go twice as far now just because there is no energy wasted in the process. The fascia is designed to store and release energy, and if you use muscles while walking for other than support and weight shift you are doing it wrong.
One thing that i beleive ur theory may play a part in is front recession more so than back thinning as we see a huge group of men whos temples always recede in fact we see almost all mens temples recede from juvenile to a mature hairline to some degree.

PurpleHeart

The liver study is very interesting, however DHT can't be the only contributor otherwise women would suffer liver cancer significantly more than men do, now I wonder if white people evolved to have higher DHT to protect their livers from the heavy consumption of alcohol in Europe or some other stressor, also I don't disagree that DHT is useful in physiological levels I am just saying that having more isn't necessarily good and sometimes it can either cause issues or be an indicator of stress and disease, my main argument is the disregard for equilibrium and the denial about every hormone being useful in a specific amount, people tend to dumb it down to a black and white dichotomy which is then supported with flawed logic and distorted evidence, while every opposite evidence is disregarded as false or ridiculed.

This studies for example show increased risk of some cancers with higher DHT levels.

Also DHT administration can induce PCOS in female mice, this is how they induce PCOS in female mice to use them in studies.

here is a study where serotonin protects the prostate from excessive growth

not everything is black and white.

pauljacob

Thank you Rei for this inspirational description of walking. I'm a lifelong walker. I do three miles a day in colder months, and maybe a mile a day during summer (the heat is exhausting and oppressive in Phoenix, AZ, even early morning and late night). So I tried to imagine what you meant by floating, but failed. I'm pretty sure you didn't mean the well-known race-walking style, where the person exaggerates hip and upper body movement. Is there a video on youtube that approximates how you float. Currently I walk steady with minimal upper body movement, and I disengage from the action of walking by listening to music or audio books.

pauljacob

What i mean is the biological mechanism of the human body are influenced by superior mutations not logic. If the human body was designed by a human thinking of things logically would make sense but its not.
"Superior mutations". Such an elegant phrase. Can you explain it?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

One of the interes
One thing that i beleive ur theory may play a part in is front recession more so than back thinning as we see a huge group of men whos temples always recede in fact we see almost all mens temples recede from juvenile to a mature hairline to some degree.
"Superior mutations". Such an elegant phrase. Can you explain it?

Mutations are basically random. If the mutation results genetic expresison that bnefits the animal and or human to live longer and reproduce more succesfully. These would be superior mutations.

Broken man

The liver study is very interesting, however DHT can't be the only contributor otherwise women would suffer liver cancer significantly more than men do, now I wonder if white people evolved to have higher DHT to protect their livers from the heavy consumption of alcohol in Europe or some other stressor, also I don't disagree that DHT is useful in physiological levels I am just saying that having more isn't necessarily good and sometimes it can either cause issues or be an indicator of stress and disease, my main argument is the disregard for equilibrium and the denial about every hormone being useful in a specific amount, people tend to dumb it down to a black and white dichotomy which is then supported with flawed logic and distorted evidence, while every opposite evidence is disregarded as false or ridiculed.

This studies for example show increased risk of some cancers with higher DHT levels.

Also DHT administration can induce PCOS in female mice, this is how they induce PCOS in female mice to use them in studies.

here is a study where serotonin protects the prostate from excessive growth

not everything is black and white.
I think the main problem here is that most members talk about theory stuff not trying it. THis is reason why this forum is going to be dead. First, I saw a video about fit guy that tested his T levels and it was very low even he is looking androgenic.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUV-xLq4tx4

THis shows that tissue levels are the important factor. Also I am taking 20 mgs of DHT everyday for month now. It is too early to tell the effects but for now, I am feeling good, its relaxes me and gives me motivation. I had not experienced increased hairloss even my father and brother are bald. Regarding to hair, my hair are darker and with stronger roots. I am hair thinner so I had to care about my hairstyle but I dont need to now. I can say it is from DHT because I stopped taking other supplements due to financial and practical reasons. But for others, I had very high estrogen that I cant to get down. I can say that sometimes, I add 2,5 mg of letrozole and I am still doing fine. I can show my blood tests. For the cracky jointers from Androtesrone, guys you can get cracky joints from gut problems too and comparing androsterone to DHT is not good to be honest. For the ones using LDN like me, adding DHT is very good for gut healing. Last thing, I agree with you that taking aspirin, thyroid or progesterone did nothing to me and I cant drink much milk or orange juice.

Last edited:

tallglass13

DHT is by definition a stress hormone since its production is increased, and its co-factor enzymes upregulated in times of stress, so no matter what anyone here believes DHT belongs in the stress hormone category.

High DHT/T ratio is a hallmark of disease, but for some reason many people on this forum defend the absurd position of "The more the better" when it comes to DHT.

Some even go as far as "supplementing" DHT, to improve wellbeing.

Also many people claim that DHT "blocks" estrogen, whatever that means, but studies show mixed and complex interactions.

I don't even know why DHT is being worshipped in this forum, as far as I am concerned Dr Peat never gave it much attention, if any.

DHT seems like a potent substance that can help restore equilibrium during stress but constant high levels are probably a sign of excessive upregulation which is probably not a good sign.

If DHT was the superman hormone that some people here claim it is then people would have found out by now and abuse the ***t out of it.
I was going to tell you the other day, that I really enjoy your posts. You are the voice of reason, sort of like Chibbs. I will say however, being on DHT 1-2 mg topically, assist in a huge mental stability feeling, and boost in confidence. But I completely agree with you that DHT is make in the stress cascade. According to Dr. Lin at Actionlove.com, during sexual stimulation, Dopamine goes into norepinephrine, then testosterone goes into DHT. On that note, people here talk about using huge dose of caffeine to raise DHT, which means, yeah, get stressed with caffeine to raise DHT.

Last edited:

tallglass13

I also posted a study of DHT causing dyslipidemia and obesity in mice and it was dismissed by people here who seem to only accept studies and evidence if it supports their own beliefs but if you actually post a study that implies that they might be wrong everyone starts attacking you and proceeds to remind you how all scientists are idiots and part of a conspiracy and how ray peat and his followers know everything under the sun while at the same time no one provides any evidence of restoration achieved with ray peat principles.

There are studies that clearly show that DHT can be dangerous in higher levels, but people here completely disregard it or dismiss it as a bad study.

There is also a study where finasteride administration attenuated heart hypertrophy in mice by lowering DHT in heart tissue but if you post it here a shitstorm is very likely.

There is a study where Testosterone administration in males with low testosterone and high DHT significantly lowered DHT which probably means that DHT shouldn't be high when testosterone levels are at a healthy range but when I talked about it everyone ignored me.

There are countless studies of hyperandrogenism in women being a hallmark of metabolic disaster and no one cares to look at those, but one study was posted by haidut where lean women had slightly higher DHT which any reasonable person can assume is because of lower adipose tissue known to neutralize it and not the other way around, but people here twisted it to draw their own conclusion of DHT being great for women too.

Now about your claims there is actually a lot of studies that show that estrogen and increased aromatase can help lower visceral fat, so I don't know about that.

Healthy young males usually have a T/DHT ratio in favor of testosterone along with high shbg, but people seem to think that lowering shbg and increasing DHT will make them healthier while a high DHT/T ratio and low shbg is a hallmark of old age and metabolic dysfunction.

It's just sad that many people here started adopting cult like behavior and dogma when this forum was supposed to be the opposite of that.

If avoiding PUFA and taking aspirin with sugar and milk and coffee blah.. blah.. solved hair loss, obesity and every disease then all of us who followed ray peats ideas
for years would be super healthy, ripped, hairy, god tier males with wings made out of light and telekinesis, but this is obviously not the case.
I agree. According to Dr. Lin at Actionlove.com, he states that the reason Finasteride works is the boost in free Testosterone and the lowering of DHT. Of course finasteride is a suicidal DHT blocker. Dr. Lin states that Fin destroys the genes and enzymes in the liver that make DHT. We don't want that. But we do probably want a good high test level, with a moderate DHT level, and keep Cortisol/Prolactin down. Dr. Lin states the stress hormones are what causes hair loss, just like what Ray Peat says. Prolactin, after orgasm, constricts blood vessels in the gonads , body, and scalp. Testosterone is needed to keep NO up to dialate the arteries and keep blood vessels open for recovery from orgasm.

tallglass13

Just for reference, I am switching out DHT for Free Test in Tocovit 1-3 mg daily. I can keep us posted on results. I am on my third Hair Transplant, last one was June 2. So as Gorilla knows, this is the bad time when hairs go dormant. I am hoping the boost in free test will help things out. Natural things to help detoxify excess or stagnant DHT are Plant Sterols, like Stigmasterol, according to Dr. Lin. He loves DHT for maintaining Penile growth and erection, but does warn that good circulation, NO, are necessary so DHT, histamines, Prostaglanin E2, and epinephrine doesn't get trapped in the top of the scalp from Prolactin.