DHT Doubled Whit Cabergoline!

Lucas

I am taking cabergoline, 0,5 mg each week, to lower my high prolactin.

Whit less than 2 months of use, my prolactin was gone from 17,66 ng/ml to 1,7.

But, interesting is the increase in my DHT since started taking cabergoline (it is the only thing different that I did on that period).

My DHT has gone from 693,8 pg/ml to 1.289,7 pg/ml. The reference range is 250 – 990.

Can cabergoline do this?

Before asking, no, my hair don’t get worse from it.

tankasnowgod

I am taking cabergoline, 0,5 mg each week, to lower my high prolactin.

Whit less than 2 months of use, my prolactin was gone from 17,66 ng/ml to 1,7.

But, interesting is the increase in my DHT since started taking cabergoline (it is the only thing different that I did on that period).

My DHT has gone from 693,8 pg/ml to 1.289,7 pg/ml. The reference range is 250 – 990.

Can cabergoline do this?

Before asking, no, my hair don’t get worse from it.

Cabergoline is a dopamine agonist and prolactin antagonist, so yes, I would think it would likely be due to this. Increasing dopamine and lowering prolactin are both ways to increase androgens.

BTW..... I've also heard that Cabergoline can dramatically reduce the male refractory period.

Did you notice any side effects?

OP
L

Lucas

I have no side effects.

Interesting is that DHT is related to beard growth, but in my case, I only need to shave one time a week and it is only a stubble.

I am 40 male, close to 41 years old, and my body hair is average.

My testosterone increased to, from the 600 to 740, free testosterone don’t change, is still small in the range (and I think this is good).

Steene

Interesting that I don’t feel any difference.

If you orgasm too frequently psychological benefits from DHT and T are almost zero. After every climax you down regulate the cells ability to use androgens efficiently in your brain. (androgen receptors down regulate, oestrogen receptors up regulate).

tallglass13

Can you please re-write your values, because to me it looks like your DHT plummeted to 1.289, were as before 693.8. Because some experts show that Prolactin and DHT rise and fall together. your test rose, which would make sense. DHT may have fallen just like your prolactin did.

ddjd

I'm sure I read something negative about cabergoline. Can't it cause heart fibrosis or something?

tankasnowgod

Can you please re-write your values, because to me it looks like your DHT plummeted to 1.289, were as before 693.8. Because some experts show that Prolactin and DHT rise and fall together. your test rose, which would make sense. DHT may have fallen just like your prolactin did.

I believe the OP is from a country that uses commas and periods in the reverse way than the US does for numbers. I've seen this standard for writing numbers before. If you look at his punctuation, it's consistent throughout the post.

Very interesting results, thanks for posting them here.
I was curious about cabergoline but had concerns about the potential heart fibrosis side effect.

OP
L

Lucas

It is 1289,7. It is really on the thousands.

vulture

I believe the OP is from a country that uses commas and periods in the reverse way than the US does for numbers. I've seen this standard for writing numbers before. If you look at his punctuation, it's consistent throughout the post.
Spanish speakers use them inverted, comma is to separate decimal parts from integers.

vulture

If you orgasm too frequently psychological benefits from DHT and T are almost zero. After every climax you down regulate the cells ability to use androgens efficiently in your brain. (androgen receptors down regulate, oestrogen receptors up regulate).
Would that mean high androgen makes that are strong and attractive and have sex often would get that effect and start getting less androgenic mating frequently?

Steene

Would that mean high androgen makes that are strong and attractive and have sex often would get that effect and start getting less androgenic mating frequently?

Yes deffinetly. Moderation is key, like always.

LCohen

I'm sure I read something negative about cabergoline. Can't it cause heart fibrosis or something?

It can. But it won't hurt in the short term and low doses.

If you want to use it long term & high doses, you should balance it with a 5HT2B receptor antagonist. Because heart fibrosis comes from 5HT2B.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals