DHT Decreases Adrenal Androgens

Estradiol

Although it's not directly DHT, study says Proviron (Mesterolone) decreases adrenal androgen synthesis which is a marker of poor gonadal function. That means it increases gonadal function.

It also increases aldosterone?

Profiling of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids and Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators for Interference With Adrenal Steroidogenesis - PubMed

Mesterolone, mestanolone and methenolone increased mineralocorticoid but decreased adrenal androgen production, indicating CYP17A1 dysfunction.

Yggr

So in the study you mentioned in the balding thread in the trans-genders. The females administered testosterone. It increased their adrenal androgen output. I suppose this is via aromatization. Also I imagine even at physiological doses testosterone would inhibit certain steroid synthesis pathways. What are your thoughts?

OP
E

Estradiol

So in the study you mentioned in the balding thread in the trans-genders. The females administered testosterone. It increased their adrenal androgen output. I suppose this is via aromatization. Also I imagine even at physiological doses testosterone would inhibit certain steroid synthesis pathways. What are your thoughts?

I have no idea really. There was also a study showing that testosterone increases hair growth in androgen-deficient women.

Zigzag

So theoretically proviron would aid in stopping hairloss by making the adrenals to calm down, but it doesn't work like that? It's very interesting and I've always wanted to try it, but after my experience with stuff like exemestane I'm hesitant

Ableton

Well in recent memory I read of 2 people here who claimed regrowth on roids
Veing adrenal androgen dominant myself I thought about giving dht a shot the last couple of days actually

anecdotally guys with extremely thick beards (dht) also seem to have less hairloss (they just tend to not grow it out as often as bald people)
If it’s more patchy / sparse those people seem to have more mpb

Yggr

All one can say for sure based on the evidence supplied is that eythinyl-estradiol and mesterolone decrease adrenal adrogen output. I have no idea why these seemingly very different compounds would do similar things.

Murtaza

Veing adrenal androgen dominant myself I thought about giving dht a shot the last couple of days actually

anecdotally guys with extremely thick beards (dht) also seem to have less hairloss (they just tend to not grow it out as often as bald people)
any idea what roids were they on?

OP
E

Estradiol

So theoretically proviron would aid in stopping hairloss by making the adrenals to calm down, but it doesn't work like that? It's very interesting and I've always wanted to try it, but after my experience with stuff like exemestane I'm hesitant

Study says it also increases aldosterone.

mrchibbs

I think because the adrenal androgens don't really "androgenize" men properly, so that's why the body hair patterns are all over the place, and the beard doesn't develop naturally, leaving patches.

After my MPB got worse my facial hair became more sparse and somewhat patchy.

bdawg

Although it's not directly DHT, study says Proviron (Mesterolone) decreases adrenal androgen synthesis which is a marker of poor gonadal function. That means it increases gonadal function.

It also increases aldosterone?

Profiling of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids and Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators for Interference With Adrenal Steroidogenesis - PubMed

Mesterolone, mestanolone and methenolone increased mineralocorticoid but decreased adrenal androgen production, indicating CYP17A1 dysfunction.

Are you sure this is a good thing? adrenals switching from androgens to the mineralocorticoid route might not necessarily reflect increased gonadal androgen output

Looks like those synthetics are interfering with some of the CYPs rather than it being auto-regulatory related

OP
E

Estradiol

Are you sure this is a good thing? adrenals switching from androgens to the mineralocorticoid route might not necessarily reflect increased gonadal androgen output

Looks like those synthetics are interfering with some of the CYPs rather than it being auto-regulatory related

Pluses and minuses

Yggr

Making the assumption that it is DHT shifting enzymatic activity and therefore relative hormones output of the adrenals. We are back again at chronic elevated cortisol, aldosterone and the accompanying fibrosis of soft tissues. No wonder none of these interventions seems to work very well as its years or a significant amount of time under these conditions that cause the resultant hair loss. One would probbly need to shift in a big way for years...

mrchibbs

One would probbly need to shift in a big way for years...

Yup. As Ray said, "radically re-do your life"... or fall head first into a fireplace.

Yggr

I think what most people here and in general are lacking is patience. Everyone wants results now but you'd probably need to be consistant for half a year on any intervention to see what happens.

OP
E

Estradiol

I think what most people here and in general are lacking is patience. Everyone wants results now but you'd probably need to be consistant for half a year on any intervention to see what happens.

How fast my hair grows is my indicator. At least for me.

mrchibbs

The only problem is that any single one intervention is unlikely to do anything. A general, lifestyle change with many durable interventions, now that's more likely to change the course and give results.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals