DHEA weight loss

Chophouse360

@Hans

Do you take all of the things at once in the evening before bed in the pic from your website?

Attachments

• 435093A8-8541-47B3-93C2-A0E3FD3915D1.png
    435093A8-8541-47B3-93C2-A0E3FD3915D1.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 69

dukesbobby777

Not knocking Hans but I would be surprised if that (or any) stack caused weight loss. Anything metabolically stimulating requires extra calories/nutrition in order to operate, otherwise it forces you into a catabolic state anyway. Even just drinking loads of coffee will have the same effect and not just ‘burn fat’. So when you add those extra calories, it becomes a very tricky balancing act which is impossible to judge correctly if you’re looking to lose weight. There is no magic bullet to weight loss other than keeping PUFA down as much as you can (for the long run), and watching what you eat (CICO, types of food eaten, and food combinations/combining). Yes it’s a minefield. And not easy. Especially when you take a RP approach which includes combinations of foods that can indeed be fattening in the wrong quantities.

So even though I take supplements myself, I will be the first to admit that I am at a far from ideal weight, and these supplements have probably not helped in that regard.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans

Do you take all of the things at once in the evening before bed in the pic from your website?
I only take the DHEA and sometimes thyroid. Since I'm already metabolically good, I feel that would be overkill.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Not knocking Hans but I would be surprised if that (or any) stack caused weight loss. Anything metabolically stimulating requires extra calories/nutrition in order to operate, otherwise it forces you into a catabolic state anyway. Even just drinking loads of coffee will have the same effect and not just ‘burn fat’. So when you add those extra calories, it becomes a very tricky balancing act which is impossible to judge correctly if you’re looking to lose weight. There is no magic bullet to weight loss other than keeping PUFA down as much as you can (for the long run), and watching what you eat (CICO, types of food eaten, and food combinations/combining). Yes it’s a minefield. And not easy. Especially when you take a RP approach which includes combinations of foods that can indeed be fattening in the wrong quantities.

So even though I take supplements myself, I will be the first to admit that I am at a far from ideal weight, and these supplements have probably not helped in that regard.
The study with 7-keto DHEA showed fat loss. Anything metabolically stimulating doesn't require extra calories. The extra "calories" are coming from fat stores. Keep in mind that these compounds are not nearly as strong as hyperthyroidism. People with hyperthyroidism are very lean and struggle to build muscle, whereas this will not happen with these supps.
But as you say, it comes down to a deficit. These supps can help with fat loss, but it's always important to manage expectations. No one is getting sliced on supps alone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals