DHEA Or Pregnenolone To Combat Possible Caffeine-induced Stress?

My bad if this has been spoken of here specifically since a quick glance of some terms did not give an immediate impression that it was.

Basically, can something like DHEA and/or pregnenolone lessen/dampen the possible stress response from caffeine use?

I read a lot here and on Ray's site/etc., but it becomes a stretch for me to remember all of this stuff over time clearly.

Anyone ever given DHEA and/or pregnenolone a whirl while used alongside caffeine in some way or form?

Jeff Masters

I have suffered similar response and noted Ray does an interview, I believe with Jodelle in the last 12 months where (from memeory) he suggests good thyroid function is important and having coffee with food, if not with food add cream and milk to slow the absorbtion down. I am only just trying this now so nothing to report as yet.

SonOfEurope

My personal instinct would go towards P5 (Pregnenolone) 20 to 30 mg with each cup of coffee... It's further Upstream in the hormonal cascade and the body has more options for its use in energy organization and optimization from a stimulant... Or go ahead with something like 10mg P5 and 1mg DHEA it's basically the same... Perhaps just a bit more anabolic.

baccheion

My personal instinct would go towards P5 (Pregnenolone) 20 to 30 mg with each cup of coffee... It's further Upstream in the hormonal cascade and the body has more options for its use in energy organization and optimization from a stimulant... Or go ahead with something like 10mg P5 and 1mg DHEA it's basically the same... Perhaps just a bit more anabolic.
What about vitamin B5 + C, a combo said to increase pregnenolone synthesis? 500 mg + 1g, let's say..

SonOfEurope

What about vitamin B5 + C, a combo said to increase pregnenolone synthesis? 500 mg + 1g, let's say..

I would go a little lower on the B5... It's mainly involved in Acetyl-Coa so an absolute factor in beginning the cascade of Steroidogenesis - and making sure the Vit C is VERY CLEAN IN QUALITY... TRUsT ME.

Still, I'd try that too but personally I would go with the P5 approach, even 10mg with each cup would reduce the stress response and perhaps even relax assuming proper fuel beforehand since caffeine will favour Pregnenolone's most natural pathway to progesterone by action of synergism... Of course some will always end up as the androgens.

I drink 3 to 4 cups of heavy expresso a day... And despite my need to keep anxiety low as I'm coming off some nasty psychiatrist medications I do not have to worry about anxiety with the 34mg of progesterone I space out through the day (20 drops of Haidut 's progestene ) plus 2mg Androsterone (even more anxiety relieving than progesterone, it's Gaba agonism is insane ) 300 mg Pregnenolone every Saturday.... So lol I'm all covered and those 4 cups of coffee lift mood more than anything else.

BUT... Make it six cups instead of 4 and I'm in panic attack mode (joking) .

SonOfEurope

I wonder about aspirin with or after caffeine to aim for the same endgame as aspirin is sort of analogous to progesterone in ways.

It would be... Anything that systematically antagonizes Estrogen, the stress response of Cortisol and enhances sugar utilization (Reason I mention always have proper fuel with your coffee! ) while enhancing respiration will increase progesterone.

I've found my balance at 3 cups a day after a carb-rich meal or 4 cups on a cloudy day... But I am on large dose of Pregnenolone and progesterone plus supplemental Androsterone (started recently, incredibly pro-gaba) and ingesting almost 5,000 calories a day so the homeostasis I've achieved will differ from other people.

Experimenting is the key to finding what works.

baccheion

I would go a little lower on the B5... It's mainly involved in Acetyl-Coa so an absolute factor in beginning the cascade of Steroidogenesis - and making sure the Vit C is VERY CLEAN IN QUALITY... TRUsT ME.

Still, I'd try that too but personally I would go with the P5 approach, even 10mg with each cup would reduce the stress response and perhaps even relax assuming proper fuel beforehand since caffeine will favour Pregnenolone's most natural pathway to progesterone by action of synergism... Of course some will always end up as the androgens.

I drink 3 to 4 cups of heavy expresso a day... And despite my need to keep anxiety low as I'm coming off some nasty psychiatrist medications I do not have to worry about anxiety with the 34mg of progesterone I space out through the day (20 drops of Haidut 's progestene ) plus 2mg Androsterone (even more anxiety relieving than progesterone, it's Gaba agonism is insane ) 300 mg Pregnenolone every Saturday.... So lol I'm all covered and those 4 cups of coffee lift mood more than anything else.

BUT... Make it six cups instead of 4 and I'm in panic attack mode (joking) .
How much lower? What if the C is from orange juice?

SonOfEurope

How much lower? What if the C is from orange juice?

250mg is ample for Pantothenic acid especially if it will be spaced out with each cup.

Excellent choice on the source of Vitamin C my friend, I just don't trust it in pill form. One day I'll narrate my story hehehe

IVILA

why would you lower the p5 dose while adding in dhea? Wouldn't just adding a bit of DHEA to the 20mg of pregnenolone be fine?